• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

heartgold/soulsilver issues?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 8, 2013
So, I tried to access the global trade center on my heartgold so I could trade away my ho-oh. However, it had trouble connecting to the net. I'm wondering if it was just a temporary issue, or is it affecting others? I know HG/SS can't trade to X and Y yet. My wi-fi for my pokemon X game was working just fine, however.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Do you know the connection setting on your router you're using? Is it WEP or WPA/WPA2? 4th Gen games can't trade on WPA/WPA2. They only work on WEP so that could be the problem.

Years
  • Age 52
  • Seen Nov 9, 2013
I have having the same issue, so I went to the Game Stop and talked to one of the guys there, that plays the DS and pokemon. He suggested that it could be a problem with my router, not letting my ds on to the wifi, and that I should get a Wi Fi USB Connector for your Nintendo DS ( there is one just for Nintendo, or others that work for Nintendo and other games). I have my hubby looking for one in Appleton today, if he doesn't find one there I am ganna order one online. Once I get it and try it out I will let you know if I have any success.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
You can change the settings on the router to enable WiFi to work on your DS. Also, the original DS and the DS lite cannot connect to WPA/WPA2. Everything else can connect to WEP and WPA/WPA2 settings.

Reactions: EB
Back