• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Rumor has it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
What were your favorite rumors that went around during the hay day of the 3rd generation? Did you believe them? Did you try to perform what was required by them? Feel free to discuss and add anything else you feel is relevant!

Now, the biggest rumor that I was hearing during that time was that you could get Deoxys through the space shuttle in Mossdeep. That scientist is supposed to say a specific number of successful launches has gone through and then he asks if you would like to go to space. If you say yes, you go to the moon (or something) and fight Deoxys. There was also a rumor about getting him (or it might have been Jirachi) through talking to that white rock in Mossdeep. And I also remember something about fighting all the trainers in the game, including e-card trainers from e-reader and then you could go through the door in that guy's house in Lilycove and you got it there. Something like that? I'm not so sure.

I don't remember any FRLG rumors, but I do remember people still being all over that "Mew under the truck" thing from RBY, so I think that started up again.

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
My friends gave me rumors of going to Johto in Pokemon LeafGreen. I gave my game to him, but he lost it. But as I grew older, I realized that it's not true. :(

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That doesn't even sound like a friend at all. D: I do remember hearing rumors about that as well though and that you could get there through doing weird things in the Sevii Islands. Oh...if only that were true lol.

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I remember something about the guy's house in Lilycove, don't remember anything about beating all of the trainers though. Oh and I tried the Deoxys thing. It definitely worked.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I used to think that, when you've gotten the fastest time on the cycling road in RSA, you'd get a Devolution Spray.

Years
The only rumors that I can really recall from the 3rd gen games were all of those that you mentioned on Mossdeep. I seem to remember it being 100 successful launches in a row, and then you would be able to face Deoxys (a new launch happened every week, so it would take about two years). I didn't really believe it, but kept my save going on the off-chance that it did work. I should have realized that when I first read the rumor, the game hadn't even been out a year yet, so it would have been impossible to have had 100 successful launches at that point without cheating (and if you're cheating, you might as well get your own Deoxys that way).

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I remember a rumor about a strange rock that if you got an item from an event or e-reader, you could get Jirachi if you used the item when you're next to the rock.

(Sorry if my detailing is pretty bad, I don't really remember where the rock is located or what item was needed for it :()

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
During its time, I remember hearing of the Deoxys Space Centre rumour, and found it false when I did get more than 100 launches. There was also a rumour that I heard involving the white rock in Mosdeep City and Jirachi.

It's disappointing, I wanted to go to the moon...

KitsuneLugia96

Trainer Silver
Years
I remember hearing about the Mossdeep Moon rumor, and another rumor about what was behind the door in that house in Mossdeep. I was hoping one day I would get to be able to go to the moon, but when I started rom hacking, I went through all the maps, and found that there was no moon. I should have known before that is was false. I really wanted to believe in the mew under the truck rumor too, until my friend cheated his way to that area, and there was no mew. (But that was for R/G/B/Y)

Pinta77

The only rumors that I can really recall from the 3rd gen games were all of those that you mentioned on Mossdeep. I seem to remember it being 100 successful launches in a row, and then you would be able to face Deoxys (a new launch happened every week, so it would take about two years). I didn't really believe it, but kept my save going on the off-chance that it did work. I should have realized that when I first read the rumor, the game hadn't even been out a year yet, so it would have been impossible to have had 100 successful launches at that point without cheating (and if you're cheating, you might as well get your own Deoxys that way).

That and the jirachi one were the ones I remember. It was always frustrating me that I could never figure out why it wouldn't work for me.

Back