• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~Just the Classics~ Original 151 Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I can't actually choose one as majority of them are useful and I can't actually think of a TM that isn't even worth it at all. :/

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Points have been updated.

Snivy063, there are a few original TMs I can think of off the top of my head that I don't like. First, there's Fissure and Horn Drill. OHKO moves rely way too much on luck. For just that reason, they are banned by most competitive rules. Then, there's Teleport. I mean... really? The only purpose it has in battle is to run from wild battles. It does nothing in trainer battles. And then Metronome. Again, it relies on luck.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years

Snivy063, there are a few original TMs I can think of off the top of my head that I don't like. First, there's Fissure and Horn Drill. OHKO moves rely way too much on luck. For just that reason, they are banned by most competitive rules. Then, there's Teleport. I mean... really? The only purpose it has in battle is to run from wild battles. It does nothing in trainer battles. And then Metronome. Again, it relies on luck.

I actually like metronome flavor-wise. I just do not know why.

And yeah, I am not that a fan with the OHKO moves.

o yeah. A new userbar.

I will attach it. I accept evolutionary requests! Just tried it out with the first ever pokemon in the dex!

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
miltankRancher, your userbar has been added to the OP, and points given.

We just had our first points shop purchase. NightOfRemorse had Willow the Vulpix upgraded to shiny. I got to test my imaging skills once again! :)

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Just as a suggestion for this club... an "Elite Status" where you'll have a star next to your name (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★), marked as a dedicated member of this club, that costs 1000 points to buy. Right now there won't be many benefits besides a "dedicated" status in this club (and another addition that I'll mention later in this paragraph), but it may serve as a benchmark for some of the "upper-ended" future updates to this club. Current benefits may be: name color change available in the front page for additional 100 points. (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★)

Also, owner's starting 50 points shouldn't be mentioned now... I think enough time has passed by for it to be ignored.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Thanks for the userbars, 2Cool4Mewtwo! They have been added, and points given. Also, I added your points for using a userbar. (You only get them now because of a goof I made accidentally removing the userbars after I would have given the points.)

Your ideas are interesting. I'll think about the "Elite Status" feature. If used, it will not go unrewarded. I removed the Owner starting points already, as you suggested.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Elite Status? That sounds really amazing, it seems it would push members to post more. :]

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
OK, I have a few things to say before I copy-and-paste in my updates. First of all, today is the day where recurring member points and userbar points are updated. If you want to receive userbar points today but you haven't, please place a userbar in your signature, and post here so I know you have it. If you do so after midnight EST tonight, you will not receive points until next Tuesday.

Next, 2Cool4Mewtwo's idea of "Elite Status" has been implemented with a few changes. To attain Elite Status, you must earn a total of 750 points in this club, and it will be given automatically. Spending points does not take away from points earned towards gaining Elite Status. (For example, a user that earns 100 points, spends them, then earns another 650 gets Elite Status) Elite Status does not cost you points. When you have Elite Status, all points you earn are doubled. You will have a star next to your name to indicate Elite Status. 2Cool4Mewtwo's idea of custom member color has been added as a benefit to all members at the cost of 100 points. 2Cool4Mewtwo, as a reward for giving this idea, you have earned a bonus 100 points. Also, upon reading this, please PM me for your choice of a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.

After posting this, I will copy-and-paste in all of my updates. And, finally, time for the much-anticipated event! Below is how the event will appear in the OP:

Classic Profile Designer Contest
Time for another event! For this event, you are to theme your entire profile, profile picture, avatar, and signature, around a Gen I Pokemon, or family of Gen I Pokemon.
Specific rules:
- Your theme may not include any Pokemon that are not from Gen I.
- For the signature, you may include userbars from other clubs; they will not be used in judging.
- To maintain fairness to non-supporters/non-staff, supporters/staff that participate are NOT allowed to use background images in their final profile design. This is due to the fact that non-supporters/non-staff don't have the ability to use background images.
- To join, post in this club indicating that you would like to join. I will add your name to the participants list. Joining earns you 20 points.
- You have from now until January 17, 2012, at 11:59PM EST to have your theme ready.
- Voting will run from the end of the allotted design period until January 24, 2012, at 11:59PM EST. You are to vote for ONE PERSON, and it can't be yourself. I may end voting early if all active members have already voted. During the voting period, you may not make any changes to your theme or you will be disqualified.
- The winner receives 200 points, plus a free new partner Pokemon or shiny upgrade.

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
a plus 100 for an idea? Hmmm... gotta start thinking of course! :)

And now, I hate art events time to join this event. :)

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
Ooh, that sounds certainly fun! It's a great idea by the way and I would totally participate! :D

ikaroschase

サンダース the crackling of sparks
Years
i would like to participate! (: i'll definitely have my profile ready by the deadline but i'm busy for now :3

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Just as a suggestion for this club... an "Elite Status" where you'll have a star next to your name (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★), marked as a dedicated member of this club, that costs 1000 points to buy. Right now there won't be many benefits besides a "dedicated" status in this club (and another addition that I'll mention later in this paragraph), but it may serve as a benchmark for some of the "upper-ended" future updates to this club. Current benefits may be: name color change available in the front page for additional 100 points. (ex. 2cool4mewtwo★)

Also, owner's starting 50 points shouldn't be mentioned now... I think enough time has passed by for it to be ignored.
amazing idea!!
i would like to join the event!

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Well, I actually like most of the second generation Pokémons too, but I'll just have to settle with this, since the first 150 are still my favourite.

Sign-up Form in the spoilers below:
Spoiler:

That Elite Status thing is pretty original, and I like the idea. I definitely think you should try it.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
Olli97, welcome! It's been a while since we had a new member join. :)

Glad to see this event has fired up (no pun intended on my theme, lol)! Participants list and points have been updated. Remember to have your themes ready by the deadline. And yes, members, if you give me a new idea, and I end up using it, it will not go unrewarded.

Olli97, I notice you joked on Magikarp a bit there. Tbh, though it is weak, Magikarp is rather iconic of Pokemon, and I like that aspect of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back