• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2021
Well, not counting hacked shinies on ROMs, I've only legitimately encountered a few shinies and I'm pretty sure I've missed all of them. I'm generally horrible at just weakening a Pokémon to catch it :/

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
since i do not know where my pearl nor platinum went i only have two shinies and that is my shiny azumarill on black 2 and my shiny bulbasaur on soul silver. first one random shiny, second one soft reset.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The only shiny I've ever caught was a Dusclops in Pokemon Ruby. I mean, I've got the Red Gyarados and all that but it doesn't count because everyone gets that. I saw a shiny Mightyena once but... roar. *sobs quietly in a corner*

I've also got a shiny Cherubi named Nugget! Luke got it for me but I haven't used it yet because I'm a little paranoid of raising it badly (I wanna EV train it or something to do it justice but that sounds so intimidating). Also I realized after I asked for it to be named Nugget that the name is kind of reserved for Cherubi in my head and it doesn't feel like it applies to Cherrim. :(

Years
I have caught at least one shiny in every game I played so far except Platinum and Black 2. I'm pretty lucky if I had managed to have a shiny in all my games except two.

In Ruby, my sole shiny is a Duskull. In Diamond (not really mine lol) I have 3 shinies, a Budew, Graveler and Unown-U. SoulSilver has a Graveler and a Farfetch'd (I also have Red Gyarados) while in Black I have an Excadrill, who I caught as a Drilbur. I have also seen a Lotad in Sapphire, and a Boldore in Black but sadly ran away from them.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
I got all my shinies in Gen 3. I haven't played the other games long enough to get any legit shinies there :(
Dusclops was in Ruby and the Mightyena I lost was in Emerald.

I hated gen 3 and played it for the bare minimum time, pretty much. I've poured hours into the games in other generations and never seen a shiny and the one gen I just half-assed and never played more than I had to was the only one I had any luck with. Go figure.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
Have had some pretty good luck with shiny Pokemon. My first was a shiny Elekid in Pokemon Crystal, and I've had plenty since. Poochyena and Spoink in Saphire, Zubat in Fire Red, Luxray in Diamond. Soul Silver trolled me though, I let my little sister play and she screams across the room saying she found a shiny. Upon investigation it was a Magikarp (and this isn't a troll, it happened around 2 weeks ago), found in Lake of Rage which kind of befitted it. In White, and Black 2 I've got myself a Liepard, Gigalith and Politoed. I've probably had more in previous games but I can't really recall them. I guess some of them are oky, but I'm not really fond of any of them other then Politoed haha.

Years
My first shiny ever was a Machop, and the immediate next battle encounter was a shiny Geodude. I was so surprised that I'd found one so you can imagine getting two in a row!
Other than that I've had a Rhyhorn and a Zubat from other games.

I haven't found a shiny for a very long time, I think I'm due for one.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The only shiny I've ever caught (or seen) was a...Bidoof. That is so absolutely disappointing.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My caught ones...I think I have like 8. But I have the memory of a goldeen goldfish so I can't remember them right now. x: I also have a ton of shinies that were originally on a game I got used (it was confirmed that none are hacked). My favorite might be the shiny Mew.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I'm more of a fan of the shiny version haha. <3
Perhaps it's just my dislike of pink, though.

The coloration of some shinies aren't as good as the normal ones, though, yeah. Like Groudon.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Then go out and SR something!
If the idea is just to have a shiny (not just to find one yourself), though, I'd be happy to send you one of mine. Two of the used games I got were jammed full of shinies and I'll never use them all.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
SR isn't the same thing though. Tom has told me multiple times to RNG a shiny and that's not even CLOSE to the same as finding one on your own, without spending dozens of hours restarting at the same place over and over again.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I think it's close enough. I mean, you're still finding the shiny. It's not like you're using an AR to get it.

Just seems like a faster way to get a shiny you want. As for RNGing, though, I have to agree with you. That's borderline cheating to get it, in my mind.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Yea I think what he's getting at is the fact that randomly encountering one is just that, random. While SR'ing for one (still legit) isn't quite as random.

I wish I'd get another shiny soon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back