• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon: Super Rising Thunder!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Bugfix patch!

In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ^^' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.

Dylanrockin

That guy
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2016
Bugfix patch!

In response to continued death glitch bugs, I played through this entirely once more, allowing myself to die on as many maps as possible, and the only place I had any issues at all was death to Argo the Vulpix (which has now been fixed). Dying in a Mini-Dungeon spawned me back in a mini-dungeon, dying in Pikpik Grove took me back to the entrance of Pikpik Grove, and so on. Death due to poisoning in unusual areas such as on the World Map or after an important flag is set but before moving to a different map that would reset the spawn point (such as in the Freya example above) could admittedly lead to issues though, and it's honesty something I'd never thought of ^^' If you're poisoned and have zero way to heal, it's better to let yourself die before triggering important scripts or battles if at all possible, and I''ll see if scripting differently can lead to a fix.

Problem with the bugfix, I can't apply since it is just a "file" not an IPS or UPS file patch, unless there is something that I am not seeing.

Years
  • Seen Oct 11, 2016
guys just extract the file, add the extension .ups to it, then use it as a normal patch, patch it as you would (i used a clean ruby axve rom as usual), then rename your save file to the same name as the newest rom (the one that just got patched), and then you're ready to play =)
or maybe there's a quicker method? at least this one worked for me

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
Obviously, something went wrong with the patch :( I've had no Internet access from my computer for days now (other than a brief trip to Starbucks to post the patch) and am writing this from an iPhone. Needless to say, I can't reupload immediately. In the meantime, extract the file from the .zip and manually add the .ups extension (Google can point you to sites with tutorials on how to edit a file's extension if you don't know how) and patch to a clean Ruby (AXVE) ROM as usual. :) I'll post a bugfix for the .zip (ironic, I know!) as soon as I can!

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, I have some questions regarding this ROM.

When I download it through the link provided in the original post, it gives me a .zip file which, when unzipped, results in a 1.5 mB file named after the hack, without any .gba extension. Is this normal? I thought ROMs were bigger than that.

Other than that, the ROM seems really cool, keep up the good work!
Because it's not a ROM for god's sake...
Distributing ROMs is against the rules.
The file you get is a patch, UPS one, it seems, you need to use patching program and patch a ROM.

Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Nevermind, I figured how to patch it. Now it's smoothly running on my iPod Touch! I'm stuck at the boulder puzzles though... Second one was harsh, third one is a l33t-worthy challenge.

Great game by the way! If I could suggest something: Deleting the trainer's sprite would make battles less cringy, since it's odd seeing Pichu sliding to the left, then reappearing. If the trainer's sprite is deleted, it will only show Pichu appearing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
Actually, I think the 3rd boulder puzzle (the one where 2 boulders are already placed) is impossible. Are you sure it is possible to make it through it? I've been on this one for 2 hours...

Nevermind, it is possible... Can you just post a how-to for the upcoming puzzles for the mentally challenged like myself?

Flaretale

The Fire Maiden
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 12, 2013
I can't figure out how to get the patch to work. I would be grateful for some help...

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
I'm also trying to patch. I extracted the file and added .ips to then end, but when I run it, I keep getting an error saying it's not an .ips file. I'm using the newest version of Lunar IPS (just re-downloaded it). Do I need to use a different patcher?

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
I'm also trying to patch. I extracted the file and added .ips to then end, but when I run it, I keep getting an error saying it's not an .ips file. I'm using the newest version of Lunar IPS (just re-downloaded it). Do I need to use a different patcher?

Yes - because it is an expanded ROM; the patch type is .ups, not .ips. If you check the posts linked to in the thread's first post again, you can get a link to instructions and to a .ups patcher. :)

Years
  • Seen Jan 5, 2013
Yes - because it is an expanded ROM; the patch type is .ups, not .ips. If you check the posts linked to in the thread's first post again, you can get a link to instructions and to a .ups patcher. :)

Thanks a bunch! That's what I get for assuming and not reading instructions...

The patch fixed the problem I was having, but now I'm having the same problem on the next puzzle. All the stones are in place. The left and right one say they're in the right spot but to come back later. The middle one says it's in the right spot. Could you post a video showing how to get through it just in case I'm doing it wrong?

Years
n___n Wow, this is a really awesome looking hack! I really love how, reading the intro, you get all the way through it, wondering about what specifics may be revealed once you start playing, what the place and people will be like..... but wait, you're a Pichu?!

=D It really took me by surprise, I had assumed the Pichu in the artwork would be our partner, but this is a really unique take on a post-apocalyptic world!

I was worried, looking at the 2009 date-stamp on the first page, that this hack would be defunct now, but I guess I was wrong?

:D I listed you as my referrer, Pink Parka Girl, since I joined PC so I could download the Super Rising Thunder alpha~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back