• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Every UnderUsed has his day

Years
Aside from OU, UU is an interesting tier to play with because Pokémon here functioning almost the same, but more challenging way. Gen 5 has bring the biggest change to metagame, as a majority of OU has dropped into UU this gen, as well as the original Uber: Mew. But although it seem a let down, every Pokémon has achieved high success here, because as I said every UnderUsed has its day, and UU is not a bad tier to begin with.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Band
Traits: Leviate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
Flygon has gone down into UU is one of the most shocking thing I heard. Because the lack of Skarmory, only Bronzong resist Flygon STAB. Banded Flygon can fill many role, scouting, late game sweeping or just hit things hard. Fire Punch deal respectable damage to Bronzong, while U-turn to switch to a counter.

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Traits: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
Even comparing to UU standard, Magneton is still somewhat a weak Pokémon. In spite of that, he is quite useful in many situation. It can trap and kill Empoleon, or Flygon biggest nemisis Bronzong. Normally it will spam Thunderbolt because 2x HP fire is weaker than Thunderbolt with STAB. But HP fire is not useless since it can kill Ferroseed or Steelix, who resist ir immune to Electric-type.

Darmanitan (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
The hottest guy in the party :). I used a scarf on this but 3 choice item on a team is really easy to be played around. Rock Slide and Flare Blitz can be used to fake choice, as Sheer Force cancel out Life Orb recoil if the move is boosted by it. Opponent who switch in a Rock-type is easily devastated by Earthquake. If not, U-turn to switch out while dealing some nice damage to most thing.

Hitmontop (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Rapid Spin
A very strange spinner. Most Hitmontop carry Rapid Spin have Intimidiate, but they forgot that Rapid Spin also boosted by Technician too. Aside from spinning, it also has wide array of priority move. Mach Punch can easily deal with Weavile, whose speed is a problem to me, while Fake Out break sashes. Sucker Punch deal with pesky Ghost-type and has almost neutral coverage along with Mach Punch, only Heracross resist both.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Traits: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Scald
As much as I want to remove Stealth Rock from my side, I also want to set up my Rock. Swampert is differenf from other SR supporter that aside from setting up, he can also deal nice damage because he has quite respectable offensive stats for a wall. He is one of a few Pokémon that outtroll Gligar and Hippopotas, as Eviolite doesn't give them reliable recovery as Leftovers, when taking residual damage from burn and acceptable damage from Scald.

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Traits: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
The given move let Nidoking has all coverage he needs. He really rule late game when all fast sweeper has been removed, paved his way to victory. STAB Sludge Wave has amazing power with Sheer Force and Life Orb, while Fire Blast burn away pesky Steel-type, while Thunderbolt and Ice Beam work as coverage move.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Even with the Technician boost, Rapid Spin is still very weak. It's not meant to be used as an attacking move; it's meant to be used as a support move. You'll have to replace it with Close Combat for a more powerful STAB, or go for the standard defensive Hitmontop:
-Rapid Spin
-Foresight/Toxic
-Hi Jump Kick/Close Combat
-Sucker Punch/Stone Edge
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate

For Swampert, this EV spread is better to help out its physical bulk a bit: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef.

Oh and please give Nidoking Earth Power. It has plenty of good coverage and the set should look something like this:
-Earth Power
-Sludge Wave
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Fire Blast/Focus Blast
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force

Back