• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon as pets.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
According to the professors, pokemon aren't just for battling -- they can be pets. If Pokemon were real, what pokemon as a pet would you like to have? Would you prefer pokemon as pets, or for battling purposes?

Just nothing too...out of a question like a rayquaza or Groudon or something. =( Think about the house pets we have -- like cats, dogs, goldfish, etc.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 25, 2013
I would like Chikorita or Joltik as my pet after I'm retired as a trainer. Eevee is also nice for a pet.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Would a Shinx count? I would love to have a Shinx as a pet. Also I'd like to have an Eeveelution as a pet such as Umbreon or Vaporeon.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I'd like a Houndour/Houndoom or a Zangoose as a pet. I think they'd make for good guards.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Eevee is a great Pokemon to be my pet. And if the time comes, I'd evolve it into Umbre/Vapo/Jolteon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
A Delcatty would be quite nice. None of the other feline Pokemon, with the exception of maybe Persian, are really elegant and sleek enough for my liking. Might need quite a big catflap, though. Herdier's probably the most similar Pokemon to my current dog in terms of height and build, so one of those would probably be all right too. Hopefully they won't fight much, though...

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
i would choose
Spoiler:

Calamity

Just for the love of the game.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 10, 2020
Screw all these Eevee's, I'm getting me a Granbull.

The_Noob

Banned
Years
I'd keep a Magikarp in a fish bowl, most likely. If I were any good at training Pokemon (if they were real), I'd probably take a Tyrannitar for walks in the park to scare and kill people I don't like.

Noob out.

ISA56 2.0

The one and only!
Years
I think....

Meowth/Persian-It's a widdle kitty!/big kitty that can rip your face off.
Heh, who needs a guard dog?

Arcanine-One of the few dog Pokemon that is kickass. Also, guard dog! Also, since it's a Fire-type, you won't need much heat at night thanks to its fire!

Skitty/Delcatty-Same reason as Meowth/Persian.

Eevee-D'aww, a little fox-thing.

Jolteon-My favorite Pokemon, self-explanatory.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Looking at my favorite Pokemon, the most appropriate one that I would love to have as a pet would be Espeon. I would be named Red (just like in all my games that have an Espeon in them) and it would be lovely. I'm sure it would love to live in a place like Florida, where it can sunbathe all it wants.

Years
I'd have a mammal and a reptile. for a mammal, I'd have a growlithe, and for the reptile, I'd have either a squirtle or a charmander. they all make really cute pokemon that perhaps wouldn't be too destructive. :D

Back