• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Patching & Emulation

FlyingNinjaZombieCat

Master Lvl: Noob
Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Hey guys. New here. So my question: Is there a way to change the save type in DeSmuME? It was playing White 2, saving and all, last night but now suddenly I can't save or use savestates. I can load but not save. Anyone got any pointers? Thanks in advance :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hey guys. New here. So my question: Is there a way to change the save type in DeSmuME? It was playing White 2, saving and all, last night but now suddenly I can't save or use savestates. I can load but not save. Anyone got any pointers? Thanks in advance :D

Hm... it sounds to me like you might've had too many programs running and your computer didn't have enough virtual memory to use to save or even make savestates. Try closing down some programs and check in Task Manager (by pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete) and then click the Performance tab, in the Memory area (below CPU Usage) if you see the bar almost to the top, it means your computer doesn't have much virtual memory to use. Now click the Processes tab, if you see any programs with high amounts of memory being used, end those processes only if they don't display anywhere or on the taskbar.

I hope this information helps you. ;)

FlyingNinjaZombieCat

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
Hm... it sounds to me like you might've had too many programs running and your computer didn't have enough virtual memory to use to save or even make savestates. Try closing down some programs and check in Task Manager (by pressing CTRL + ALT + Delete) and then click the Performance tab, in the Memory area (below CPU Usage) if you see the bar almost to the top, it means your computer doesn't have much virtual memory to use. Now click the Processes tab, if you see any programs with high amounts of memory being used, end those processes only if they don't display anywhere or on the taskbar.

I hope this information helps you. ;)

HOLY ****. Thank you so damn much. I was wondering what went wrong where, but never would have guessed that. Thanks dude, NOW I CAN PLAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
im playing pokemon black 2, and every time i enter the Pokemon screen to look at the pokemon i have, it works fine, however when i try to leave that screen it freezes on a black screen. how do i fix this?

Years
Hey guys, I'm new here so feel free to direct me to the proper thread. I received a Samsung Chromebook over the holidays. If you're familiar with Chrome OS, you would know that it is unable to run .exe files. Therefore, I cannot download and run a GBA emulator for my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good emulator available online. Obviously, I want one in which I can play Pokemon, preferably FireRed.
Im not sure this would work for u but I have an android phone that I play roms on. I got my emulator off of google play and its called MyBoy! I'm actually playing firered on it right now. IDK if that will work on chrome os but its worth a try. I even got pokemon snakewood to play on it most of the way through but I think theres a bug in my rom so that sucks but neway hope that helps

daniel4230877

perhaps installing another linux distro, like mint, ubuntu, or fedora (my preference) would fix it?

Icy Burn

Beginner Breeder | Kyurem W <3
Years
I just searched "Pokemon Games Vizzed" and there is several different games, genuine ones and hacks. You do have to download a plugin, which may OR may not work.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
im playing pokemon black 2, and every time i enter the Pokemon screen to look at the pokemon i have, it works fine, however when i try to leave that screen it freezes on a black screen. how do i fix this?

It sounds to me like you're using flash cards to play Pokémon Black 2. I would recommend updating your flash card firmware and loaders. Normally they are the reason why your game isn't working properly, such as freezing on a blank screen.

However there are some flash cards that are not as up to date as ones like AceKard3DS and R4i3DS.

But if you're playing on an Emulator on the computer, I would recommend DeSmuME. It is the best DS Emulator and has great compatibility with DS ROMs, even though it needs more improvement with Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2's EXP gaining script.

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
i fixed the problem by updating from desmume 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 however my pokemon arent actually gaining any experience, which is fine, i have a cheat for rare candy, just thought i would throw that out there

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
i fixed the problem by updating from desmume 0.9.7 to 0.9.8 however my pokemon arent actually gaining any experience, which is fine, i have a cheat for rare candy, just thought i would throw that out there
That is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT fine at all!
And cheat for Rare Candies is even worse!
Find a ROM that has EXP patch and you will not need to use ugly cheats.

FlyingNinjaZombieCat

Years
  • Seen Nov 20, 2012
That is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT fine at all!
And cheat for Rare Candies is even worse!
Find a ROM that has EXP patch and you will not need to use ugly cheats.

I agree but once in Pokémon Ruby, I used AR codes and the first pokémon that I caught was a Lvl. 100 Blaziken. LOL. Sometimes, you just need the cheats.

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012
Just trying to find out if this is a common/solvable issue. Using Desmume 9.7 (due to that being the one provided in a tutorial to activate Wi-fi) and I am playing Pokemon Black 2. My issue is freezing but the place i'm freezing seems uncommon since I can't find anything online about it. Following the first conversation with Hugh and his sister when I walk forward to go find Bianca with Hugh, I can only take about three or four steps before the game freezes. Is there anything I can do about this? Is it the rom or the emulator?

Oh I thought i'd add im running Virtualbox on my Mac to do all of this.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
just curious, why is using cheats for rare candies a bad thing?
So you don't feel bad about cheating that much?
How can you enjoy the game that way...

Just trying to find out if this is a common/solvable issue. Using Desmume 9.7 (due to that being the one provided in a tutorial to activate Wi-fi) and I am playing Pokemon Black 2. My issue is freezing but the place i'm freezing seems uncommon since I can't find anything online about it. Following the first conversation with Hugh and his sister when I walk forward to go find Bianca with Hugh, I can only take about three or four steps before the game freezes. Is there anything I can do about this? Is it the rom or the emulator?

Oh I thought i'd add im running Virtualbox on my Mac to do all of this.
The locations seem to have no influence... "freezing spots" are random... can you try DeSmuME 0.9.8 on your V-box?

Years
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
ah, well im kind of fine with it anyways, i enjoy the games more for the storyline

Years
  • Seen Nov 10, 2012

So you don't feel bad about cheating that much?
How can you enjoy the game that way...

The locations seem to have no influence... "freezing spots" are random... can you try DeSmuME 0.9.8 on your V-box?

It definitely seems to be an issue with 9.7 because I tried 9.8 like you said and had no issue. That's good and bad for me. It's good because I can play the game but it's bad because it causes an issue with wi-fi. I was using the 9.7 build because that was the one given in the tutorial for connecting Desmume to Wi-fi via a wireless connection. I'm not sure I can do the same with 9.8. Maybe/Hopefully I am wrong.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
It definitely seems to be an issue with 9.7 because I tried 9.8 like you said and had no issue. That's good and bad for me. It's good because I can play the game but it's bad because it causes an issue with wi-fi. I was using the 9.7 build because that was the one given in the tutorial for connecting Desmume to Wi-fi via a wireless connection. I'm not sure I can do the same with 9.8. Maybe/Hopefully I am wrong.
You can use 0.9.8 for playing and 0.9.7 build for Wi-Fi.
That's what I did =) You can use your save files from 0.9.8 with your 0.9.7.

ReTAsp

Awesome Norwegian :D
Years
I don't like DeSmuME because it's slow and No$GBA is with cheats... anyone with suggestion to a fast DS one?

Forget it... tried DuoS and it was better than both.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2014
someone help me? when i try to play .gba games (emerald and hacks) on vba 2 strange things happen.
1. just before going into a battle the lines that go across screen stop for about 1 second. not that bad i know but number 2...
2. you know when a 'mon uses growl or something and those lines go up or down it to show a stat change? well on mine they go up or down the whole screen. freaky i know

i know the roms are fine, and i've never known anyone to have this same problem. i've tried no$gba but there's the fog problem with that. any suggestions?

(note: strangely the only .gba rom that hasn't done this is ruby destiny rol)

Back