• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Game Development Resources

Status
Not open for further replies.

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Alright thankfully a problem with the Alignment tool was brought to my attention.
The previous one was resized due to the uploading sites limits, so I've put it in a .rar this time around. This should fix the problem of it not being properly sized with the Tileset.

Now everyone. Don't start getting on me whether you like the Idea or not, but I've created a simple Alignment tool for newcomers to Game design. This tool is made for ppl who have a tough time with tile alignment.

Yes it's a simple Idea and in order to use It I've provided a link to a program I use to align the tiles with.

http://paint.net/

To use the tile alignment tool simply drag and drop your tileset into Paint.net, click image--->Resize and if you're using RMXP you'll have a width of 256(I'm not sure about other programs...In order for this tool to work you must set the width of the tileset to 128 so just type that into the width box and push OK. Also as an added not. If the Resize option says this Resampling : Best Quality. Please change it to nearest neighbor.

After you've done all that take the image I've provided, save it to your desktop, then drag and drop it onto the image of your tileset. You should then get a pop up info screen like so.
Spoiler:

Push Add into Layer and this is your next image.

Spoiler:

That red marker just indicates how far you can go until you hit another tile DO NOT EXCEED THAT Marker unless you have no tiles underneath the one you're placing...It'll be white for you all. I hope you all find this useful and good luck.

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Hello guys, i know you some off you want to use the DPPl tiles in your games so i made a tileset.

The tiles were made by Kyledove so give credit to him for use of his tiles.

they are in the attacments below
wow that's some good stuff, can i use it in sphere?

Years
Game Development Resources

I guess I can visit the IRC when Ill find a nice quiet moment I believe I can check the freeorion too, in case you need some code not dealing with graphics/sounds... After all, MOO1 was my favourite game back then. So thumbs Up for both projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back