• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

First rule of Fight Club: Don't talk about Fight Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
I'm jealous of you guys. My dog died in February just two weeks shy of his 15th birthday. I really want a new dog though...maybe after I move out.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I'm jealous of you guys. My dog died in February just two weeks shy of his 15th birthday. I really want a new dog though...maybe after I move out.

Aww, I'm sorry to hear that! May he rest in peace. :3

And you should! Dogs are lovely companions (as you probably already know.)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
So we're showing pics of dogs? I'd show mine, but I'd probably give you all CUTENESS OVERLOAD. She's just tooo adowable. So let's leave it at that, :P

AWWW Morky :(( I am terribly sorry about your doggy. It's sad to hear that, really.

Years
So we're showing pics of dogs? I'd show mine, but I'd probably give you all CUTENESS OVERLOAD. She's just tooo adowable. So let's leave it at that, :P

AWWW Morky :(( I am terribly sorry about your doggy. It's sad to hear that, really.

Read that as CUTENESS OVERLORD for a second and I was just like "The hell?" looooooool.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
Years

... )))))))))):

Although that's an ollllllllld dog. Most of them don't get past 10-12 or so. Mine's 6-ish now SO THAT'S LIKE HALF WAY OMG.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Ah I remember our family having a dog 2 years ago. Wished it was trained but sadly no. The place stunk. :<
Y'all don't have it anymore? There was only one pet we had recently that we had to give up. It was a medium sized dog we named 'Charlie', and we had to give him away because he was too hyper. We don't have a yard for him to run in...our backyard is basically a glorified courtyard...with the tiniest patch of grass ever. The size of it is perfect for our chihuahua...but not for a bigger dog. :(

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Had to give it away when we moved into an apartment.

Well that's over now, I'm in Uni so eh.
Truthfully the only pet I ever really wanted were the cats that we've had over the years. I'm much more of a cat person than a dog person. Cats you can leave outside...no smell or anything. You can just bring them inside when you want to play with them. XDD

droomph

weeb
Years
Are you kidding? My family leaves my dog outside in the backyard unless we want to play with him :]

It all depends on the animal's distinct personality. Cats can be like those dogs, and dogs can act like cats. You can pretty much tell when you get to the animal shelter most of the time though.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
That's not always true.An animal you meet at an animal shelter could seem timid and afraid because of the stress of being in a shelter environment, but loosen up when they are adopted and settle into their new home. I've seen this many times, including in my own cat who I adopted from the shelter I volunteered at. In the shelter she was quiet and I never saw her do much, but when she got settled into home her personality came out. She is an affectionate, playful, expressive cat, at times she can be very vocal. You can't just see how they act in the shelter and think that's always how they are. The fact is being in an animal shelter around lots of strange people is very stressful for an animal.

Years
That's not always true.An animal you meet at an animal shelter could seem timid and afraid because of the stress of being in a shelter environment, but loosen up when they are adopted and settle into their new home.
This was what happened with my dog. We got her at a shelter and even though she had a few issues (like we always had to have her on a leash when she was out) she was pretty well adapted to people.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I effing hate dogs.

But only because I'm so scared of them. It's sad when I see a cute puppy, too, I just can't go near it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Dogs are ok, I just don't really like big dogs. There are some things about dogs I don't really like like constantly begging for food and such, they also are very dependent on you to entertain them it seems. Cats will generally go entertain themselves when they get bored.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I tell dogs what I tell people when they first come into my place - "Do what you want, just don't pee on the floor." Sadly they ignore that bit more often than not but oh well.

Had my kitten Zulu play with the puppies we had this morning btw, surprised the mom allowed it seeing how the puppies are less than a month old right now.

droomph

weeb
Years
Dogs are ok, I just don't really like big dogs. There are some things about dogs I don't really like like constantly begging for food and such, they also are very dependent on you to entertain them it seems. Cats will generally go entertain themselves when they get bored.

Not all dogs are like that. Some will stop asking for food once you tell them not to. For example, my dog only stays in two places at all in the house because we've told him to, and he refuses to go anywhere other than that.

Also, dogs aren't that hard to entertain so it's just a matter of being around all the time.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
WHAT A BORING TOPIC TITLE.

Anyways, my dog doesn't do anything ever, so entertaining her is kind of a no-go, since she doesn't want it or need it anyway... she's also super fat, so maybe that's the result of her doing nothing. mmm, maybe the cause? Dear God, I'm a villain. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back