• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Inserting Titlescreen Logos into Fire Red.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
Hello, for some reason, when I put it to Grayscale, it doesn't quite look the same. (See image below). Also, everything disappears except for the Pokemon logo. I'm using GIMP.

EDIT: Never mind. I got Photoshop and it worked! Thanks for the tutorial! It helped a lot! Here is the new title. Now I just have to do a title. Once again, thanks!

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Great Tutorial, I just have one question. When I select 2009 as the goto, and the pal as 67 and color as 256 the pokemon logo is not showing up, and yea i zoomed, instead its a kinda fire bitmap??? Can anyone help me on this?
Put 2009 in the goto box and click 'goto' after that put the settings mentioned in the tutorial.

Is there any other way of doing it without photoshop, I can't seem to find CS4, will it work with any other photoshop version???

It works with Photoshop CS+ I suppose.
I use CS3.

Years
  • Seen Jun 6, 2014
Hey i was wondering, when will you post a tutorial for the background,
I used this tutorial, and tried figuring out the background for myself, but i can't quite get it, do you replace the .PNG with the 'Press start, and gamefreak' stuff with a picture then use a tilemap editor to change the way it looks, and then palette edit it?

well i think it depends on what program you are using
check here

Years
  • Seen Jul 6, 2012
I did EVERYTHING you said to do, but it comes out all glitched up.. i would post a picture, bu i dont have 15 posts!! >.<!

KyotoTushoni

Veteran Trainer/Beginner Hack
Years
lol so I read all the other posts and seriously? No one knows if you can use something aside from photoshop, loading that palette is all I need to do...

(side note: there is something called Paint.net is works kinda like photoshop [its free use] but doesn't have the load palette thing)

Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2011
Very helpfull tut, but problem is I have Paintshop pro 7 (psp7), and I can't figure out how to load the color palette... Well, I loaded it, but it didn't apply to the picture automatically like it said it would.. Any help with this?
Heres what I did:
1. Loaded rom and saved color palette like explained, but psp7 only reads .pal so I saved it as that.
2. I have the greyscale pic exported and saved and opened in psp7, looks like it should.
3. Went to Colors, load palette, and loaded the saved .pal and it sais it will apply color, click yes to continue and nothing changes.

Thanks

dbzmay

Advanced Adventure
Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2019
How did you create the zircon version font. Its remarkable, I need it for my hack, it needs to look neat and tidy :/

Flandre Scarlet

Free your mind.
Years
I don't know how to do it on any other program but Photoshop. Also, just google Photoshop Portable. Something might come up.

Back