• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RIP PAUL WALKER

Years
Paul Walker, the edgy action hero with all-American good looks who became an international star with "The Fast & the Furious" movie franchise, has died in a fiery car collision in Southern California. He was 40 years old.

The sad news was confirmed Saturday night by Walker's camp via the actor's official Twitter account:

Paul Walker ✔
@RealPaulWalker

It's with a heavy heart that we must confirm Paul Walker passed away today in a tragic car accident...MORE: http://
on.fb.me/1bzn8gD - #TeamPW

According to the statement put out by Walker's team and also posted on Facebook, the actor was "attending a charity event for his organization Reach Out Worldwide. He was a passenger in a friend's car.

"We appreciate your patience as we too are stunned and saddened beyond belief by this news," the statement continued. "Thank you for keeping his family and friends in your prayers during this very difficult time. We will do our best to keep you apprised on where to send condolences."

The identity of the second victim, a male, has not been released.

"Him and his buddy, his brother in arms at heart, just decided to joyride, take a spin," Antonio Holmes, an onlooker at the event who identified himself as a friend of Walker's, told the local Santa Clarita Valley Signal newspaper. "Something we all do. We're all car enthusiasts. ... We're all here driving, enjoying each other, and God must've needed help."

According to witnesses, the red Porsche carrying Walker and his friend lost control and slammed into a tree and then a light pole. Walker, an unapologetic car lover, had been participating in the "Winter Drive" for Reach Out Worldwide, a toy drive and car meet charity event for disadvantaged children. Walker was also involved in humanitarian efforts in Chile and Haiti after the devastating earthquakes in both countries.

Earlier, the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department and county coroner confirmed that two people were pronounced dead at the scene of a crash in Santa Clarita, north of Los Angeles, around 3:30 p.m. PT.

"When they arrived, deputies found the vehicle engulfed in flames. The Los Angeles County Fire Department responded, extinguished the fire and subsequently located two victims inside the vehicle," Sheriff's Deputy Kim Manatt said in a statement. "The victims were pronounced dead at the scene. The cause of the collision is under investigation."

The tall, blond-haired, blue-eyed heartthrob was a California native, hailing from the L.A. suburb of Glendale. He began appearing in TV commercials when he was just a toddler. He guest starred on shows like "Highway to Heaven" and "Charles in Charge" as a teen, and scored his first leading role in 1998's "Meet the Deedles." This lead to higher profile roles in features like "Pleasantville," "Varsity Blues," and "She's All That" in the late '90s before cementing his status as a leading man in 2001's "The Fast and the Furious."

Walker starred in all but the third installment of the "Fast & Furious" movies, including the seventh chapter which is still in production and scheduled for release next summer.

In a brief statement, Universal, the studio behind the "Fast" franchise, mourned one of its top stars: "All of us at Universal are heartbroken. Paul was truly one of the most beloved and respected members of our studio family for 14 years, and this loss is devastating to us, to everyone involved with the 'Fast and Furious' films, and to countless fans. We send our deepest and most sincere condolences to Paul's family."

Walker is survived by his 15-year-old daughter, Meadow.

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
I feel bad for him, suddenly had a car accident.
I guess deaths are everywhere to happen and happens without a warning.
No more great F&F movies D: May you Rest In Peace Paul Walker ;-;

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
Years
Very sad news to report, indeed.

Just goes to show that we need to cherish every second of our lives because it could be gone in an instant.

I hope he rests in peace, and prayers are with his family and friends.

Guy

just a guy
Years
When TMZ first reported the news, I was also hoping it was just another internet hoax, but TMZ is rarely ever wrong when it comes to celebrity deaths (except for one time, I think). Then when other entertainment news outlets started reporting the same thing and pictures began to find its way online, I finally believed it. I was genuinely sad about the news. My love for his movies aside (and not just the Fast & Furious series), he's always been one of those actors who always came off as a really nice and normal guy. Not to mention, he was so young with a lot left to offer. I really feel for his family and friends, especially his daughter. Sad. :(

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I can't believe he's gone.
He has been a crush of mine since I was in middle school. Starting with the Fast and the Furious until now. I cried and binged on food after I found out.
R.I.P. Paul Walker
I'll never forget you.

Years
With his passing, I do wonder what is going to be done for Fast 7 now since it is still in production.

I was thinking the same thing, wondering how his passing would impact on the seventh movie.

But still, 40 is quite young to die at. I only heard about him thanks to the Fast and Furious movies but may he rest in peace.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
With his passing, I do wonder what is going to be done for Fast 7 now since it is still in production.

i heard they finished filming the movie (or at least, his scenes) so who knows tbh
they might release it and kill him off later or just declare it the final movie
if they do kill him off it'll be in a way he'd approve of so i'm not too worried about what they'll do

and i didn't believe it at first 'cause of the manner of his death (i thought it was a terribly disrespectful attempt at irony) but alas
well
rest in peace
apparently he was a real sweet guy and i haven't heard anything to contradict this

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I never really cared for the Fast and Furious movies, but even so I'm sad hearing about his death. I know those movies are a favorite among many people, particularly of my generation. So I know many people admired him and loved his character. So my thoughts and prayers go to him and the driver/ other passengers who were also killed.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
OMG I was devastated when I first read this on twitter. First thing came to my mind, "Fast & Furious 7" just won't be the same without him. :( He was definitely my favorite actor among the cast, he was a terrific actor. I'm definitely going to miss him, he was a hot & handsome fella with so much talent. He will be missed. RIPPaulWalker

i heard they finished filming the movie (or at least, his scenes) so who knows tbh
if they do kill him off it'll be in a way he'd approve of so i'm not too worried about what they'll do

I've heard plenty of time that this was actually going to be the FINAL installation of the franchise long ago, but they said that before with Fast & Furious 6 also so who knows.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I CHOKED ON MY DRINK WHEN I FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS.

He was one of my favorite actors, as I loved the F&F franchise, and I was so depressed when I heard.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021

and i didn't believe it at first 'cause of the manner of his death (i thought it was a terribly disrespectful attempt at irony) but alas
well
rest in peace
apparently he was a real sweet guy and i haven't heard anything to contradict this
They would NEVER kill him off in the movie because he passed away in real life, especially since he would more than likely die in a car crash which unfortunately is exactly the way he went. It would just be in extremely bad taste and even though it's a business the movie companies realize that. They might have to change the plot slightly, but the vast majority of the movie was finished so it should still be a great movie. I hope they end the Fast & Furious series here because every entry has been good or amazing and with the passing of the main character they could never compete with a new lead. Rest In Paradise Paul Walker!

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
RIP to Roger Rodas, who died in the same car crash as Paul Walker who nobody gives a **** about because he's not famous.
I've heard many people say this, but you have to see the bigger picture. Most of us have never heard of Roger Rodas and probably still wouldn't if he hadn't died in the same car with Paul Walker. We didn't see him portraying a character that grew through a movie series that we loved, or any movie as a matter of fact because he wasn't an actor. I'm not saying that makes him less important, I'm just stating a fact. We also didn't see him doing any charity work and really helping people. I'm not at all saying he didn't do anything like that in his lifetime, just that if he did there wasn't any news coverage of it so we wouldn't know. The average person just knows that he was a professional driver and good friend of Paul Walker's.

So the death of Roger Rodas is not as emotionally felt as Paul Walker's. Obviously we didn't know either of them personally, but we knew who Paul Walker was as a person and if you were a fan of his then it's normal to feel sad. We didn't have that connection with Roger so naturally we don't feel as strongly about his death. It would be the same thing if one of your parents passed away as well as a distant non-blood cousin. Who would you feel more for? I'm not saying that one of them is more important than the other or that you don't love them equally, but it's the same thing with Paul and Roger. It's not right or wrong, it's just natural.

My thoughts and prayers go out to their friends and family.
R.I.P. Paul Walker and Roger Rodas.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
RIP to Roger Rodas, who died in the same car crash as Paul Walker who nobody gives a **** about because he's not famous.

This here, this exact quote is what I actually came to this thread to ***** about. I've been seeing it all over Facebook which is no doubt where you got it too. It makes complete sense that a celebrity death will become widely known while the death of a non-famous person will not. Think about it: if somebody you know dies, somebody will tell you. If somebody you don't know dies, nobody will tell you. It's no less sad that Roger died, but the lack of publicity is perfectly understandable and it's probably as the world should be.

Only just realised that I skipped over pokemasta who said the exact same thing I did, but damn it I needed to say it anyway because it's been pissing me off.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Vin Diesel has confirmed on his official Facebook page that Fast & Furious 7 will be released on April 10, 2015!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Fast and Furious is kind of like WWE to me. I didn't know people watched Fast and Furious anymore. Every time they made a new one after, like, the second one, I always ended up just rolling my eyes. So I'm actually surprised that his death actually shook culture a bit. But I shouldn't have been surprised, since it has all that aspects of a typical action movie. None the less, it is tragic to hear.

Vin Diesel has confirmed on his official Facebook page that Fast & Furious 7 will be released on April 10, 2015!
Thank you for sharing that silver lining with us all.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 28, 2021
Fast and Furious is kind of like WWE to me. I didn't know people watched Fast and Furious anymore. Every time they made a new one after, like, the second one, I always ended up just rolling my eyes. So I'm actually surprised that his death actually shook culture a bit. But I shouldn't have been surprised, since it has all that aspects of a typical action movie. None the less, it is tragic to hear.

Thank you for sharing that silver lining with us all.
While the Fast & Furious movies might be considered the same thing over and over again, I liked them because they were all connected in an ongoing story with the same cast of people that grew over time. It started out for pure car/racing enthusiasts and eventually turned into an action/heist series that featured cars, but underneath it all was a family that fans of the series grew to love.

The entire cast was close with Paul Walker, especially Tyrese Gibson who was best friends with him. While many fans will miss his acting, many other fans as well as his fellow actors will miss him for who he was as a person. His death shook culture for more than just his movies. He was the founder of Reach Out Worldwide. ROWW is a network of professionals with first responder skill-sets who augment local expertise when natural disasters strike in order to accelerate relief efforts. The cool thing was he didn't just watch from behind the scenes, he helped out first hand, face-to-face. Now I know the vast majority of people in fame do some sort of charity work whether they truly want to or not, but Paul was genuine. He didn't want to get noticed for what he was doing unless it meant spreading the word of his cause. He didn't want to be in the spotlight because he would rather the people he was trying to help be seen so that they can receive as much help as possible.

All around Paul Walker was a great person. Now of course I didn't know him personally, but there are plenty of stories on the internet that show how nice and caring he was. Did you hear the story about him paying $10,000 for a soldiers engagement ring? He overheard a couple at a jewelry store talking about how they couldn't afford it at the time and would have to wait for quite sometime until he came back from overseas since he was leaving soon. The cool thing was Paul told the manager secretly that he would pay for it because he didn't want to make a big deal about it and only wanted to do a kind act for a stranger. He told him that he could tell the couple who it was from after he left and to not worry about it. Well that couple listened and only in his passing did they come out and talk about this generous act of kindness.

I hope this didn't come off as argumentative because that's not my intention. I just wanted to explain some things about who this guy really was. Of course he loved acting and I'm sure the fame as well, but that's what comes with the job and there's nothing wrong with being successful. It's what he did off camera that showed the kind of person he truly was.

Pinta77

I couldnt believe it when I heard this! And I know it selfish, but I started wondering if they were still going to make the next movie cuz jason statham was gonna be in it.

But my prayers are with paul walker and his family. I wouldnt wish that on anyone.

Back