• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Worst Shiny Experience

Years
  • NY
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
The ONLY shiny pokemon I've ever seen in the wild is a Ralts. Do you want to know where? It was the one Wally caught in Emerald. -_- You heard me. I had to fight a shiny Gardevoir the rest of the game. I wanted to cry when I saw that thing.
What's your worst experience with a shiny Pokemon?
Just for the record, I challenge anyone to come up with anything worse than what happened to me. Hahahaha.

Last edited:

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I booted up my first Gen II game...

Ran into a shiny Hoothoot, had no Pokèballs, didn't realized what I had missed.
It was soul-crushing when I realized that I adored Noctowl...

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
The first shiny I saw in Gen V was Krokorok. I ran out of Pokéballs to catch it with.

But, shiny Krokorok is butt ugly anyway.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
This can apply to more than RSE/FRLG, and people are answering with non-3rd gen games anyway, so off to PGC this goes.

I myself haven't had a bad shiny incident. ;3

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I haven't had any bad shiny experiences. I've caught all the shinies I found and any shinies I lost it was because I restarted the game (my Gold) or I lost the game (My Silver). But that's pretty much it.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
My worst shiny experience is when I met a shiny Stantler. I was RNG abused the two roamers Raikou and Entei. I'm about to RNG a Latios, then this shiny stantler comes up. Seriously, right after I caught my RNGed Raikou just to test if i get it right :(. I ended up catching both raikou and entei and could not rng my latios at all since if I want to RNG it, i need both raikou and entei.

lineofdeath

...overuser of the ellipsis...
Years
My worst experience was with my rivals pokemon, all were shiny for some reason?
I am so annoyed wo4th RGN

Years
My shiny experience isn't as bad as some other people's, but here we go:
I'd played Pokemon for years and never run into shinies. I started "hunting" (at that time I got tired after 20 soft resets lol!), and tried what I thought was really hard to get a shiny for a couple of weeks. That weekend, my friend who played pokemon ran into a random Shiny Zubat, and the next day ran into a Shiny Clefairy!
That's not even it - I was using my sister's Diamond version, when I ran into a Shiny Girafarig! But... my sister wouldn't let me keep it.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
You have heard stories like this all over the internet I guess, but I'll tell it anyway: one of the only two shiny Pokémon I've met was a Graveler, who used Selfdestruct right away.

Years
I've never had any bad shiny experiences but the first shiny I caught was a Dewgong...and shiny Dewgong are barely any different than the non-shiny ones. :P

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
It was a shiny Hoothoot in Eterna Forest in Platinum, but I was with that girl with the Chansey so two wild Pokémon appeared at the same time. Stupid girl KOed the Pokémon I attacked, and my Pokémon attacked the Hoothoot instead, killing it.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Probably told this story many times...

I was in the safari zone in pokemon Pearl when a shiny Starly appeared and the game decides to crash on me.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
The ONLY shiny pokemon I've ever seen in the wild is a Ralts. Do you want to know where? It was the one Wally caught in Emerald. -_- You heard me. I had to fight a shiny Gardevoir the rest of the game. I wanted to cry when I saw that thing.
What's your worst experience with a shiny Pokemon?
Just for the record, I challenge anyone to come up with anything worse than what happened to me. Hahahaha.

Challenge accepted. First time playing Ruby, my first pokemon game. I beat May and was returning to the lab when all of a sudden. Shiny Poochyena, first wild I saw (aside from the Poochyena you fight) and yes I knew what a shiny was, I loved pokemon before I played Ruby, so I was heartbroken xD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Challenge accepted. First time playing Ruby, my first pokemon game. I beat May and was returning to the lab when all of a sudden. Shiny Poochyena, first wild I saw (aside from the Poochyena you fight) and yes I knew what a shiny was, I loved pokemon before I played Ruby, so I was heartbroken xD

idk, I think having to actually face that shiny every time you fight Wally knowing it's not yours is worse. :P

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
I guess my worst experience is the lack of experiences. I've played the games for over ten years, only seen one shiny Pokemon besides Gyarados, and it was a Machop. Not as bad as seeing and not being able to catch, but it still frustrates me that my luck is so bad. ;P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Does not encountering a non-Red Gyarados count as a 'worst shiny experience'? 'Cause that's all I've got, to be honest...

Devante77

Devante'
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Sep 12, 2013
I once found a random shiny bellsprout in the safari zone in soulsilver, I thought it was cool cuz. Of the gold leaves so I thre some bait at it. It ate and ran on the first turn.

Back