• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[HELP] Pokemon B/W sprite editing tool/tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Hi, i can't find one of these ANYWHERE anymore, does anyone have a good pokemon B/W sprite editing tool? As i want to know how/if:

- Does B/W support none animated sprites, if not, how do i annimate custom sprites
- How do i insert a new pokemon/fakemon sprite? can i add more than 649 pokemon or do i need to replace existing pokemon such as 001/002/003 with my OWN set of fakemon
- How do i do the above and where do i find the B/W sprites using nitroexplorer for the narcs, also, what tools can i use?

I would of thought these questions would be popular but i cant find any help anywhere, is any of this possible? all i want to do is add some second, and third evolutions to existing pokemon, and a couple of new fakemon too, i see pokemon ruby destiny guardians does it great but that is for pokemon ruby and generation 3 pokemon in which i see you can use unLZ for GBA but there seems to be not DS version.

Any help would be much appreicated please and thanks!

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2022
Nearly 300 views and not a single reply? Is what i ask for really that hard or unknown?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Well, in understandable terms, 5th gen Pokemon games run on a sort of animated "limb" system, which is hard coded for each separate pokemon. If someone were to find a way to import their own sprites, the problem of having it traditionally animated would pose quite a task.

So unless someone decides to decipher and create a program to allow easy custom animation, The question your asking would be basically impossible at the moment.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I'm sorry the answers you wanted couldn't be found here.. perhaps you should try posting something like this specifically in Pixel Art? In the meantime, I'm going to close this because it's been answered to the best of our abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back