• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound good?

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
I was thinking about writing a fanfic that went something along the lines of this:

In the world of Pokemon, there are wild Pokemon, the kind everyone sees in grass and water.

But there are also Spirit Pokemon, living with a certain human, never to abandon them, as they are connected.
The Spirit Pokemon can assume the form of their shiny counterpart, but is able to "combine" with the human, which lends the human their powers and lets them transform into the Pokemon.
They then become one and are able to achieve one of the highest points of working together.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
You'd be breaking off the pokeverse at this point it would seem like, so you are left with the freedom of this new place.

It sort of sounds like the "His Dark Materials" trilogy. I suppose at this point, as long as that is the way things always were, that it could work.

Though you have your idea, you don't have a conflict yet ;)

PokeMangaObsessed

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
Thanks for the feedback.

I'm still working on the actual plot of the story, but I wanted to know if the concept was good first. I'll probably post up the summary tomorrow or the day after to get some feedback on that too.

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Actually, His Dark Materials was the first thing I thought of when I saw this as well. But the whole 'joining' thing sounds more like Transformers and the Minicons XD. I recommend you be careful, because unless everyone (and I mean everyone) has these abilities, you could be heading straight down the path to Mary Suedom.

PokeMangaObsessed

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
Plot:
Every person in this world finds their Spirit Pokemon at one point or another, when the Three Beings will it to be. Natalie finds her own Spirit Pokemon, who immediately guides her to a secret organization. There, she and the other members find out about "a strange feeling in the Spirits". The members are instructed to keep an eye out for anything unusual.

Just a few days later, the Spirit Pokemon's feelings are confirmed. A new group is rising, visiting many of the members of this organization, causing havoc and suspicions.

I'm sorry if it sounds Mary Sued; this was originally supposed to be an RPG [though I suppose that's no excuse].

I'll be starting the fanfiction soon, once I think of a title and work out the plot a little more.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Hmmm though the only thing is that if her spirit Pokemon can guide her to that place, can others? Why or why not?

It still sounds like it can do well, as long as you have connections made with the group(s) and spirit Pokemon. Right now I imagine you don't want to give too much detail, as to give away the plot.

PokeMangaObsessed

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
Hmmm though the only thing is that if her spirit Pokemon can guide her to that place, can others? Why or why not?
[This is revealed in the beginning, so it doesn't really matter to give it out now.]

The others can and will guide the people who have recently found their Spirit Pokemon to the place because it's their duty to. The Three Beings gave the Spirit Pokemon's powers to them and thus can instill the knowledge in them to bring them to the organization.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
So this other group is similar to the secret organization?

Hmm :) I think as long as detail is worked out it should do fine. Also one note of advise I like to give. especially for details, is make sure that what you write makes sense to the reader. Because what might make sense to you, might not make sense to everyone else. This is most likely because we leave out details.

PokeMangaObsessed

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2009
All right, well I've been thinking about this for a while, and I've decided I'm not going to be writing this. I like the whole "Pokemon Spirit' idea, but the plot is just...eh.

When I come up with a better plot I'll revise this thread/make a new one.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
Well, good luck with that. I look forward to reading this, as the idea is not one I've seen done before. The whole 'soulmate/bonded partner' thing has been, of course, but I've never seen it done with a 'spirit' Pokemon.

Back