• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokemon Brown 2009 [Final Dungeon Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

moraq06

am I genius? or lucky?
Years
This games about as good as it can be considering it is a pokemon red hack.
I found it enjoyable up to an extent but cannot play it through in a few outtings. I can only play for half an hour at a time as i get bored fast.

unfortunately, this is the best gen I hack
this is not only a pokemon red hack for me, it's far better than the original pokemon game
you should play it until the end to feel the differences
:-)

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Help! I'm trying to trade a Chikorita from my Gold ROM. I applied the patch and everything, yet it's still doing the "You can't trade to the past here" stuff.

Help please? I also read the fourm post and the readme that came with the CompatibilityPatches.zip

Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2011
I may be missing things, since I didn't read through the whole thread, but...
A: What are the advertised '7' new types?
B: What effectivenesses do they have?
C: What pokemon are now these types?

Thanks in advance.

cardboardbox

Roaming Johto
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
I may be missing things, since I didn't read through the whole thread, but...
A: What are the advertised '7' new types?
B: What effectivenesses do they have?
C: What pokemon are now these types?

Thanks in advance.

The new types and new effectiveness chart can be found at the bottom of the first post in the Prism thread here.

As for what has these new types, off the top of my head the Gastly family is now Ghost/Gas, Koffing family is Poison/Gas, Porygon family is Abnormal, Exeggutor is Psychic/Wood, and the Bellsprout family is Grass/Wood. Hope this helps, although I've almost certainly missed some.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
Would anyone be in interested in translating Pokemon Brown into another language? email me at [email protected] if you're interested ANY language will do. You must be fluent in English and the language you want to translate it in.

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2011
So, I've just discovered Pokemon hacks, and I gotta' say this this thing is awesome :D
Mainly becouse of the change in map, those classic ones are so worn-out that it really isn't any enjioment playing through them anymore.

I'm playing on GBCoid on android and was just wondering if there was an option to enable colour somehow if anybody knows?

Oh, and one more question (and I know I'll probably get laughed at): is Brown a finished hack?

Last edited:

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
So, I've just discovered Pokemon hacks, and I gotta' say this this thing is awesome :D
Mainly becouse of the change in map, those classic ones are so worn-out that it really isn't any enjioment playing through them anymore.

I'm playing on GBCoid on android and was just wondering if there was an option to enable colour somehow if anybody knows?

Oh, and one more question (and I know I'll probably get laughed at): is Brown a finished hack?
It is finished, but CBM is trying to translate it into other languages, so the English version is finished, but the other's are still in progress.

Coolboyman

Veteran Hacker
Years
So far people have agreed to translate it into the following languages:
- Japanese
- Polish
- Italian
- French
- Dutch

I sent off the Brown off to the translators, so now it's up to them how long it takes. Of course, there's no rush.

Since I'm going to be updating the ROM anyway, I might as well improve a few things and fix some problems (Like the Pokemon pictures having lines through them on some emulators). We'll just see what happens.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Since I'm going to be updating the ROM anyway, I might as well improve a few things and fix some problems (Like the Pokemon pictures having lines through them on some emulators). We'll just see what happens.

I know you get this asked far too much but I'm just hoping that that was a hint at maybe full colour support on the horizon?

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
Hey everyone, first off, Brown is amazing. This game takes my top 5; tied up with Rijion X. :3

Anyways, after an intense amount of Google searching I thought I'd ask here, sorry if this isn't the correct location. I'm not a frequent user of these forums.

1. Where do I get HM04 - Strength?

2. Where do I get HM03 - Surf?

3. I'm mildly stuck now. I just completed my 5th gym and I have no clue where to go. I've beaten the Silph Co. place, gone as far as I can in the Haunted Woods before the level 30 "ghost" starts being a jabroni. (That I need the Silph Co. Device, but I have no clue where to obtain it.) I also got as far as I could in Castro Forest, but I think I need a Pokeflute as there's a Snorlax at the end? Also at the end of the Bike Path as well.

If it helps I have a Red Amulet and I heard I need to complete a trade sequence pertaining to that Amulet?

Thanks to whoever answers and again sorry if this is in the incorrect spot; 100 apologies! :D

ChainedTeapot

Let's Player
Years
I've started doing a Nuzlocke of Brown. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZaTXPExsH0

I've done a fair amount more than I've uploaded so far and have to say I am really enjoying Brown, it's such a fresh of fresh air playing a game where I don't know where to go or what to expect, as well as adding on the extra challenge of a nuzlocke.

I haven't finished/failed so far but I'm hoping to beat the E4 and attempt the final dungeon which should be a lot of fun. No matter how it ends have to say the game is a lot of fun and does offer a good challenge from what I've played so far and pretty sure it will continue on.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Sweet nostalgia. I remember this game,
it was the first hack I ever played. (though I must have applied it badly, as it got glitchy)

Years
  • Age 27
  • iowa
  • Seen Feb 24, 2016
I was playing through Pokemon Brown today and I'm stuck, I have 5 badges and have no clue where to go. I have the PokeFlute already and also, where do I get Fly?

jvpski3

Banned
Years
Whats tools did you use? Can you please tell me? Or is it the same as Pok'emon Prism?

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh!
I'm sure I already check Rijon.com . Also, is the name french sorta? Rijon?

Last edited:

Xadio

Virus Buster
Years
When i try to trade so i can evolve my Kadabra it doesn't evolve. Is this some kinda error? I have traded it several times now and it still hasn't evolved. I am using TGB Dual 7 to trade.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
When i try to trade so i can evolve my Kadabra it doesn't evolve. Is this some kinda error? I have traded it several times now and it still hasn't evolved. I am using TGB Dual 7 to trade.

A lot of hacks change Pokemon's evolution method to not require trading. This may be one of them. Try leveling up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back