• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Born to break the doors down!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
Are you a rebel, as in someone who is usually, if not always, against rules and will do whatever you can to bypass said rules? How come? Or are you quite the contrary, someone who abides by a strict set of rules set in place by society/specific venues/your peers? How come?

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I don't abide by the rules super adherently, but I don't like to break them either. I can be rebellious depending on the situation and whether I think the rules need tweaking or alteration in some way. Generally, I'm not the rebellious types, but sometimes it all just depends on the situation I'm in.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I usually follow rules, I dont like punishment. Though there are times when I feel rules are unreasonable or stupid or too strict, so Im tempted to bend them a little in those cases.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
I've never done well with boundaries and authority. Ironically, my job is to set boundaries and enforce rules.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I abide by rules I agree with and understand. I don't go out of my way to break rules I don't agree with or understand the purpose of, but I don't have them in mind and act with caution for when I should or shouldn't do something.

Socially, I do what I feel like. I generally don't conform to society's rules on social interaction. I'm the type of person who tends to break someone's personal bubble by getting a little too close sometimes in social interaction and who says things with random observations that people think are really weird. I ask questions when I'm wondering something without any shame in what I'm asking (Once I asked my manager if he could fire a coworker). I tend to act on urges or sudden desires, which makes me feel like I'm living life the way I should and kind of gives me a rush (though I don't do that recklessly). I'll sit on the ground if I feel the urge to sit on the ground. I am a free spirit!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I was a huuuuuge rebel back when I was a teenager. I used to disobey my parents, everyone at school, I would steal from lots of store, I would do graffiti with my friends. I guess it's because I've been such a rebel my whole life that my teenage years was quite rough too lol.

Now, I'm actually abiding by the law. And left my rebel side. But whenever the time is needed, I can go back to my rebel roots whenever it's necessary ^^'

Years
I'm pretty timid so I'm nowhere near a rebel. I prefer to abide by the rules even when I don't agree with them (unless it's to a major extent); would rather not face the consequences either and understand rules are usually there for good reasons.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I don't break the rules just to rebel. I do break rules on occasion, but if I want to do something that's against a rule, I'm much more likely to do it through official channels (asking the people that made the rule, making an argument for why I should be able to break it, etc) than just break the rules.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I obey rules and such, but when I've had enough of it, I ignore them. As for the 'rebel' part, my friend calls me the 'mental rebel.' She explains it as someone who disobeys the rules mentally. I have no idea what she means by that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I generally go by rules, for the most part. Some of the time I just don't care, though. T:
Other times, I give in to my own impulses which involve doing things I know I shouldn't. But for the most part, I do obey rules.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm only a rebel when I'm around people I know. When I'm around strangers, I'm usually quiet, and tend to follow the rules. So...let's say there's two sides of me. :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
I like rules because I like order. If people break rules for no valid reason.. I just view that as being blatantly disrespectful. If they break rules for a valid reason, then that's fine.
I feel like rules are set in place for a reason, and it's okay to challenge it, but they should still be regarded.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I like to challenge rules. I think a lot of them are dumb and nonsensical (much like the censor here on PokeCommunity which I quite famously despise) and if that's the case then I won't go out of my way to follow them. I do what I think is right and if the rule is contrary to that, then whoops.

Crux

Evermore
Years
I go my own way and do what I decide is right.
If that means that i'm breaking every rule in the book then so be it.

If by 'rules' you mean things like "Do Not Enter" then I may just break a few...half for spite,half because it cracks me up to see how serious people take themselves.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I follow rules most of the time, but sometimes I bend them a little to suit my needs or wants, if necessary.

Twilight Sky

» s t r a w b e r r y fields ♪
Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2013
I suppose I'm sort of a rebel, but sort of not. I'm going to follow rules even though I may disagree with them, but other times I might just end up being a rebel just for humour's sake.

Years
For the most part, I'm not a rebel. I obey authority even if I don't always agree with it (for the most part).
But in terms of social norms, I feel like I'm "rebellious" in that sense. I don't really follow what everyone else is doing and I'm more of a leader than a follower. I dance to the beat of my own drum so to speak. (:

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I like to pick my battles, really. I follow rules and sometimes even promote them if I can see a valid reason why they were put in place. However, if a rule doesn't seem quite right, I'll break it. Or ignore it.

Then again, having said that, I can think of certain times that I broke rules without a good reason. Just because I thought it'd be fun. xD

Back