• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mighty No. 9 - The Spiritual Successor to Mega Man

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I am very happy with this. CAPCOM for some reason does not understand it's fans that want Megaman not Street Fighter cross on-disc DLC.

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
Years
Oh yeah! Im super exited about M.N.9. Ive checked the page constantly, everyday ever since the early days. I love the design of the mighty numbers (exept for 5) and Ive voted about the favourite Call style etc.
I love how Inafune went like "Sure...Im just gonna do a new francise...thats exactly like megaman...but better. Hey mates wanna join me? Oh and fans... Wanna help me out? Please?" everyone:"YEEEEEEAHHHH!!" It feels good. Knowing how many megaman games capcom scrapped. (still mad about Maverick Hunter)

Years
I've been a Megaman fan since ever I'm so pumped for this game, does anyone know if there's a release date or expected release date yet?

According to the kickstarter page:

The game is currently slated for release for PC, Mac, and Linux sometime in 2015 and has both a single player and co-op mode!

So we still have a while to wait. Additional features brought on by the fundraiser might delay it a bit more since it'd require more work, but I'm sure it'll be worth it. ^^

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Less than 24 hours left, and the game has almost $3,200,000 in funding! Seriously, this is probably the must funded game on Kickstarter ever!

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 13, 2014
Good thing they've Wii U up there or else I wouldn't even consider without a second thought to buy it in 2015.
Still hoping for the 3DS/PS Vita versions in the next "stage". 18 hours left. I hope they can make it.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
It's been getting a last day rush, it seems. It not only easily passed the PS4/XB1 goal, but will also be on the Vita and 3DS with 10 hours to spare.

That 3.8 million bonus of being able to play the game with optional 8-bit remixes of the tunes looks darn fancy. Especially with the likes of Takeshi Tateishi recently on board too (the guy behind the Megaman 2 tunes @_@). Hopefully it occurs.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
The Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter has been doing well in its final hours - I remember it barely moving like ten days before the end date :P So far, it's gonna be coming out on handhelds as well as both current and next-gen consoles, which is something I'm going to be looking forward to. As much as I like the Mega Man games, what I really like about the project is the idea of players and developers interacting with each other along with sharing ideas and getting feedback, which is the main reason why I wanted to support this project.

EDIT: The Mighty No. 9 Kickstarter has ended! Four Million Dollars reached!

Last edited:

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
Well, the Kickstarter is over. Honestly, I didn't expect it to pass ALL of the stretch goals.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The game looks interesting, but I don't know if I would call it a successor to the Megaman games. For one, we don't know enough about the new series yet to compare it. I really do like the design of that character though.

Back