• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

#Pokémon20 on Daily Experiences Recount

noa

sleeping cutie
Years
Actually, same as Ben-
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue Rescue Team left an immensely profound impact on me. I will never forget the roller coaster of emotions that series put me on. Playing it for the first time was so fun, interesting and NEW to me, asides from Pokemon Stadium I hadn't played a spin-off game before. From the very beginning during the personality test I genuinely had so much fun.
I'll never forget staying up way past my bedtime in 9th grade playing it because I just HAD to know what happened next. I'll never forget how hard I cried at the end of the game when I disappeared in front of my partner, or how harder I cried when I came back. I'll never forget the hundreds of hours I poured into this game that has such positive memories for me. Blue Rescue Team is easily one of my favorite games of all time.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
Years
The opening of Colosseum. Seeing Wes blow up Team Snagem's HQ was the moment I fell in love with Orre. Followed by the incredible battle music against Rider Willy, then meeting the hillariously awesome (yet Epically Failing) Miror B. Johto may be my first love, but my second is Orre.

blue

gucci
Years
Spin-offs most certainly put a new spin on the franchise. The likes of Pokemon Colosseum and Mystery Dungeon introduced a new element of gameplay that differed from the main games, these happen to be my favourites of the spin off games. I think having an equal balance of mainstream games and spin-off games is beneficial for the franchise to prevent it from feeling repetitive and/or outdated.

PKMDfan

The Pokemon Guru
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
PMD Darkness/Time/Sky are the only games that made me cry, literally. The story is so good I'll go as far and say it's better than the main series.

Guest123_x1

My experience with Pokémon gaming began on Christmas 1999, when my aunt and cousin got me Yellow Version. I was reluctant about it, in actuality, but I was told that I'd like it. Needless to say, they were correct. I got so hooked on that game, that eventually, I expanded into other aspects of the Pokémon franchise, and got other games as well, including Blue, all three second-generation main series entries, and the Stadium for Generation I.

In late 2001, I got Generation I's Pokémon Stadium for Nintendo 64. I thought about getting Stadium 2, but the fact that the first game included a Transfer Pak is what drew me to that title instead-I really wanted to use my own Pokémon that I raised for Stadium, particularly my team in Blue, which I was grinding to Level 100 in order to participate in the Prime Cup.

Stadium, like many others have said, was extremely challenging-it felt like many of the opponent's Pokémon were on steroids, and among other things, OHKO moves such as Fissure and Horn Drill would hit and take out my Pokémon more than half the time – far greater than the 30% accuracy advertised in gaming magazines and strategy guides that I had at the time. I was actually more enamored with the mini-games, such as the Lickitung sushi bar, and the Clefairy school, as well as the Game Boy Tower, which I used quite often to play Blue and Yellow.

Eventually, I got a second Transfer Pak, so that I could do my own trading between Blue and Yellow, without having to get with my cousin to hook up between two Game Boys-however, since I didn't have the Stadium follow-up for Generation II, I still had to rely on him to trade with Generation II or between generations.

In January 2006, I traded in all my Pokémon games that I had at the time, which included Blue, Yellow, the Stadium for that generation, and all three Generation II main series entries. Over the years that followed, it's been a decision that I've actually come to regret at times, but knowing what I know now about the save batteries running dry, especially on the Generation II games, it was probably for the best.

Not too long after I got internet access at home for the first time, I dived into emulating Pokémon games. I even downloaded some ROM and save file hacking tools, just to see how I could modify the games. One notable experience with emulation was downloading the supposed English translation of the original Green version, which, needless to say, I found to be extremely buggy when I played it.

Even after giving up my physical copies of the games, some years later, I went back to emulation, just to relive the memories of when I was playing Generations I and II on my Game Boy Color. Now, with Generation I's entries being re-released to the 3DS Virtual Console, I'm really looking forward to playing Blue and Yellow on an actual Nintendo system without having to look for used copies of the Game Boy Game Paks. I even plan on getting Red for Virtual Console, which I never had in cartridge form. I'm also hoping for a Virtual Console re-release of Gold, Silver, and Crystal at some point afterwards, too.

In January 2015, nine years after giving up my Game Boy Pokémon games, I decided to get back in by purchasing a used 2DS and a used copy of Alpha Sapphire. Part of the reason why I resisted going on to Generation III and later for so long was not only because I never got any newer Nintendo handheld systems until this point, but also because after some not-so-fun experiences with Generation II, that playing later generations with their enhanced game mechanics would feel like playing the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2, not to mention I was also kind of miffed that you couldn't transfer your Game Boy-generation Pokémon to Ruby and Sapphire. Not too long after getting Alpha Sapphire, I also bought Y, which for some reason didn't feel as exciting to play as Alpha Sapphire.

I know many people are sick of Kanto being featured so many times, but I'm also hoping for FireRed and LeafGreen to be remade for the 3DS at some point, even though the original 8-bit Game Boy games are headed to Virtual Console. I really would like to see the region that started it all featured in the same 3D graphics engine that was introduced with Generation VI.

Last edited:
Back