• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

legand of zelda the devil sword

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
I can't talk and gotta make it quick so just heres some screens
and titlescreen

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Erm...why did you post a charset of mostly RTP characters? The demo didn't work for me, if it doesn't work for anybody else I'm going to have to lock the thread because there is no story/features and there are no screenshots.

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
This is one of the worst games ever to been shown here(I'm sorry but it is the truth).

First of all, this is a RTP game that I could make in about 10 min. It not only looks nothing like Zelda, you didn't even use Zelda sprites.
Second, the music really was bad. I think you tried to use a different song on every map, not thinking if it would actually fit the map.
Third, all the maps are so empty, try adding trees and water and some characters to it. Make it more a Zelda-game and not a rtp-game.

I dunno how many games you already made, so I don't know if you are new to RPG-maker. If you are new, try experimenting a bit more until you are going to post your game on forums. Try making it a bit more professional with Zelda graphics.
Everyone has to start somewhere, so don't hold back on any negative comments but try not posting you game until you have a good game to show.

Good luck anyway
I will post some zelda grafics from all over the web here to help you a bit :P

http://www.gamingw.net/file/resource/makers/rm2k/character//Link.PNG
http://www.gamingw.net/file/resource/makers/rm2k/character//link-chara.png
http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=en&area=Chipsets&howmany=10&fsearch=zelda
http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=en&area=Charasets&howmany=10&fsearch=zelda
http://charas-project.net/resources.php?wa=0&lang=en&area=Facesets&howmany=10&fsearch=zelda
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/n64/index-sz.html (scroll down, you will see "The legend of zelda")

@Phoenix316
The game is RM2k not RM2k3, I think that is why it didn't work for you.

Last edited:

Happy Dude

Queen of the DDC.
Years
Now Proto-Man i'm not gonna sugar coat this.So here it goes It was very bad actually the game needs lots of work.

But you are still learning i suppose like me but with some practice i know someday you will get there-Like me hopefully.XD

So yeah Keep learning.

Jeff_PKLight

RMXP User
Years
I got to say it still... the game isn't very good. You should use Zelda chipsets and add more in the empty field, and the enemies encountered in battle didn't have a transparent background...

I suggest improving the game much more. Then again... if you are new to RPGMaker, fiddle around with stuff and it'll bound to be good. :)

~Jeff

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
here iv'e improved this thing to death like it now?
and all the zelda chipsets are nes and i'm going for a more updated look.
oh I also need tingle,knuckle,jingle,kringle spitesets.
oh it also goes up to the sub-boss of the first dungeon and geuss who you meet in the dungeon...
Zelda, she joins your party! oh delete your save files ive deleated some maps

Last edited:

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
Jeff_PKLight said:
You should use Zelda chipsets and add more in the empty field, and the enemies encountered in battle didn't have a transparent background...
~Jeff

sorry for double posting but ive fixed the backround of the monsters and added zelda chipsets also completed 1st dungeon in new demo and so far in the begining of the game the storyline is to collect the sword shards
which later form the white sword which infused by a sage becomes
the master sword.

storyline:ganon has descovered a dark counter part of hyrule everything good has a dark counterpart so ganon has somehow broken the master sword and link not yet aware of it goes into a dungeon and comes out with a piece of it and tries to reform it little does he know he is actually in dark hyrule forming the master swords counter part the devil sword!

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Oh my god. You have SO much work to do.

Firstly, your maps are too empty and dull.

Secondly, why have you mixed rtp and zelda chips?

Thirdly, dialogue is bad.

Fourthly, who would use the DBS for a Zelda game!? I mean come on! That's lazy! Make an ABS!

Fifthly, give this project up, and go and play some games that other people have made. Then, when you know how to map, and stuff. THEN! Make a game.

Sorry about the harshness, but I have to get my point through. ;)

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
I agree with what everyone has said, i think this game needs more consideration and time spent on it. All games need this, rushed games are never very good. If you spent more consideration into the game, you could make it alot more zelda like.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Raccoon made all the points I was gonna make. You've made almost every newbie mistake in this game. Never use RTP, there a ton of better chip/charsets on the web so there isn't any need for RTP ones.
Maps are way to empty, you really need to work on your mapping skills. Go to www.gamingw.net and download a few demo's from there, you'll see a lot of ways to improve your maps then.
While I wouldn't recommend just quitting the game, I'd suggest using it as a practice game to learn as much about RM2K3 as you can. Learning how to make an ABS will be extremely useful, and essential if you want to make a Zelda game.

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
1.im not giving up

2.I don't know what dbs and abs means

3.I can't find any good zelda chipsets (i have found 2)

4.could someone help me out just to get me started. your name will be in the credits

5.hows my dungeon :dead: ?

6.how can I stretch my tittle screen to cover that black area

7.new demo next one will have filled maps (im not working on any thing else till im done.)

Esai

♥♥♥ With Bubbleicious ♥&#9
Years
DBS = Default Battle System (Battle built into RPG Maker)
ABS = Action Battle System (just like zelda games)
check gamingw.net, im sure it has a zelda battle system

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
abs systems are to hard for people at my skill level but in my new demo I have made my own custom battle system I call SRBS-switch relient battle system which is demonstaraded by a guy who looks like the link in demo 1 will hit you and do damage but you will not fight back (he calls a draw before your turn) the maps have been filled and thhe begining of the game is still dbs (untill you get to north hyrule casle town)
my new battle system will not tell the enemys hp and relies on switches to work (every attack triggers a new switch). hope you like it :classic:
oh this game is only 5% rpg becuse it doesnt use a rpg style battle system
it uses my SRBS
oh go dack to dungeun 1 theres now a very vital item there :confused:
it's the hookshot if you want to know how I made it go to my tutorial

Last edited:

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Wow, I am seeing you get better at game making ^_^. This demo is far better than the first one.
thumb_up.jpg

Try not to make your maps empty, fill it with wall, stone, trees and flowers. That will make them more pleasant to walk trough :).

Keep it up.

proto-man

netoperater
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 22, 2006
thanks, oh and just so you know my hookshot has only a five chip range.
oh the latest demo is out and from now on the game goes in chapters
everything youv'e seen so far is a prologue
P.S. is there a way to make a side scrolling battle like in zelda 2

Last edited:

sketch

3D animator/movie director
Years
  • Age 31
  • LA
  • Seen Apr 14, 2014
I have a good Zelda game on the works.I found a system for people like u who cant make a abs system.You just start right off of it,It also comes with a good Link sprite.I haven't checked ur game yet,but I'm sure it's pretty good.Just tell me if u need the system!

Back