• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haymaker BLW-on?

KenXEcker

Pokemon Professor
Years
Hello PC, it's sure been a while since I've been on here... Doesn't look like I've really missed too much, and I haven't been seeing many BCR decks posted. This is one I've kinda been fooling around with, might bring it to one of my 3 Cities visits this year as I'm still loving my Darkrai/Hydreigon build.

Pokemon: 13

3 Landorus EX BCR
3 Tornadus EX DEX
2 Mewtwo EX NXD
2 Rayquaza DRX
2 Bouffalant DRX
1 Sigilyph DRX

Trainers: 35

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Cheren
2 Skyla
2 Random Receiver

4 Catcher
4 Energy Switch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Switch
2 Eviolite
2 Energy Search
1 Computer Search

2 Aspertia City Gym

Energy: 12

4 DCE
4 Fighting
3 Lightning
1 Prism

Basically the idea is to score cheap KO's with your weakness advantage, especially against their basic stages before they become stage 2 monsters.

Landorus takes care of Dark Deino and Tynamo.
Tornadus resists opposing Landorus and can donk with a DCE if a stadium is in play.
Mewtwo for the Mewtwo war + donk potential
Rayquaza takes care of dragon Deino
Bouffalant owns EX's with Gold Breaker and only gives up one prize
Sigilyph is a good tech in any deck. It'll stall in case of a slow start.

I believe this is the closest we've had to a modern day Haymaker deck in a long time, and should see some play in the Cities format.

Years
I don't like Sigilyth. Just never have really. I don't really like Energy Search either.

Also note that Rayquaza can one shot Tynamos too.

Years
You make a very good point Donny V. Losing a DCE from a hammer is going to hurt you. This is probably why the Ho-Oh varients are better.

infrastatic

Looking to Learn
Years
Bah...whats a classic Haymaker with no Arcanine?? :P
I agree with Drakow about Siggy....I have never had THAT great of luck with him. Do you think having 8 EX pokemon is risky?

Years
Well the reason to use so many EX Pokemon is to increase the odds of drawing into them. The EX Pokemon are his main attackers which is why he needs to run a high number of them. The non EX Pokemon are more like techs to deal with certain situations better.

Renpuu

Gengar !
Years
If you play Hydregion.dek and have Landy EX..have you considered just playing Landy/Darkrai is an option ?

Back