• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Whoa whoa whoa, okay now let's slow down a bit! :) Ya'll are doing great work but gimme time to catch up, okay?

First of all, Jet, I'm pretty sure Sunfished made a Steel Eevee. So everyone, who's design do you prefer? Personally, I like Sunfished's design more because it's not nearly as over complicated. Also, it's okay to make suggestions for people's designs, but it's up to them to decide whether or not they want to make an pre/evolution.

Second, BeefTaco, welcome to the team! :D We are happy to welcome another excellent artist to our project. And a billion thanks for adding all of that excellent additional information. You've served well. :) Can't wait to see what you can come up with next!

Anyway!

I now have a working computer again, so I will be updating the first post with our latest contributors and designs! Also, since we've been able to catalog a bunch of new Pokemon, I am going to organize the first post by TYPE. Starter / legendary Pokemon will stay in their own categories, but from here on out, all Pokemon will be organized by type because it's much more efficient.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Thanks for the welcome Alexial ill do what I can to support this project. I'll take a look at some of the reccomendations in this thread and try making something for tomorrow :).

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Welcome to our lair, BeefTaco!

So, I ended up splitting up the uncatalogued guys, but ommitted the cat thing because it was kinda just a pruple cat, and too similiar to an eevee evo.
anyway, here they are :D
leatle_zps1fbc5bef.png

axe-face_zps15434cc0.png

alpaqua_zpscd8af762.png
spindoll_zps10dd172a.png
crow_zps4544fa8b.png

The sizes SHOULD be consistent with each other.

Also, I truly adore your work BeefTaco :D
The cockraoch is really snazzy, and sorta looks like those bullfighters you see on t.v.

And speaking about eeveelutions, if we're still doing an eeveelution with each type, I want to try a Ghost one, if noone objects. I should have one posted in about a few hours.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Okay, first post is a little more updated. Haven't done your individual assignments yet though.

Anyway, check it out guys. I've got a Bug type Eevee evolution for ya

terribleeeveeevolution_zps3b2fe661.png

Thoughts?

I'm iffy on showing you guys my Fighting type Eevee cause I recently found another version that looks an awful lot like mine. :( I based it off of general fighting dogs, who usually have cropped ears and tails.. but apparently I'm not the first person to do that lol. I'm going to take another crack at it before showing everyone.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
That looks really great Alexial! :D
Love that pincer for a tail. Awesome use of many "buggy" features as well!

Here's the unshaded version of the final grass starter evo:
hornedlizard31-colored-shrunk_zps5e75b1bc.png

And, a sketch example of the Ghost Eevee:
delusion-shrunk_zps610a6c87.png

Its(her?) body was drawn a tiny bit smaller than usual, but i'll fix it up later.
Anyway, it's tail is a lantern, which in folklore represented the guidance of lost souls.
And it feels like its missing something, even though the eevees look like that too, so I might just stop adding useless features to its body.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Sorry about my inactivity. A family member died a few days ago, and I've been busy with helping to clean out her apartment and the like.

I don't know if one already exists here, but I recently remembered my concept for a Flying-type Eeveelution. My only drawings of it are months old, but I can try to post an old sketch tomorrow (it's 11:30pm here right now).

I also have been working on the Zangoose evolution, and have made some progress on that. Nothing worth posting yet.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Sorry about my inactivity. A family member died a few days ago, and I've been busy with helping to clean out her apartment and the like.

I don't know if one already exists here, but I recently remembered my concept for a Flying-type Eeveelution. My only drawings of it are months old, but I can try to post an old sketch tomorrow (it's 11:30pm here right now).

I also have been working on the Zangoose evolution, and have made some progress on that. Nothing worth posting yet.

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope you and your family are coping well with your loss.

(heh, kinda feels weird jumping from that right into pokemon conversation, ya know? :x)

As of currently, we already have a flying type design.. however, feel free to post pics so we can get a good idea of it.

@ Sunny : Aw, it's such a cutie! :D I won't update the first post with it yet cause I know you'll keep working on it, but I definitely like how it looks so far! If you can, try to develop the ghostie bits on it to look more wispy. Right now, they look a little globular and amorphous. But it's still early in the design, so I have faith in you. :) Is the tail supposed to be a lantern? Just curious.

Also, super big thanks to everyone. You guys have been doing so much work to make this project really special and I want to try to do something nice for all the contributors. n_n; You guys rock! <3

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Okay, first post is a little more updated. Haven't done your individual assignments yet though.

Anyway, check it out guys. I've got a Bug type Eevee evolution for ya

terribleeeveeevolution_zps3b2fe661.png

Thoughts?

I'm iffy on showing you guys my Fighting type Eevee cause I recently found another version that looks an awful lot like mine. :( I based it off of general fighting dogs, who usually have cropped ears and tails.. but apparently I'm not the first person to do that lol. I'm going to take another crack at it before showing everyone.

This is great, the chest looks really good I gotta practice in those kinda textures. So I decided to make Bird like legendary since somebody recommended a bird pokemon based on Roc and I think thats a great idea for a design, I'll try not to dissapoint.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Working on the first drawing of my Fakemon's new design. It looks somewhat like a rabbit of some sort and has jackrabbit-like legs. I'm thinking I might be able to make it into a Fire-type, but I don't know about its evolution. I'll edit this and include the art later.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Yo!

I made our first sprite! n_n;

entomeon_sprite1_zps1f824b98.png

• Name : Entomeon (Een-tom-eon)
  • Type : Bug
  • Ability : Swarm
  • Classification : The Swift Insect Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio :
    male.gif
    50%
    female.gif
    50%
  • Flavor Text : Entomeon evolves from Eevee through use of a Sun Stone. Entomeon uses the stinger at the end of its tail to stun and damage its prey.
  • Base Stats
    • HP : 110
    • Attack : 95
    • Defense : 70
    • Special Attack : 50
    • Special Defense : 50
    • Speed : 100
    • TOTAL : 475

What do ya'll think?

@ Slender : Just be careful with your design cause one of our starters is a Fire type rabbit-esque creature. Definitely don't stop with what you're doing cause I want to see it, but just make sure you reference our starter so they're not too similar.

@ BeefTaco : Thanks! Them surely you'll like the sprite I hope! :3

Gonna update the first post today with your assignments, so be on the look out! Also gonna take the time to make it look super cool. This project is awesome, and it deserves to be introduced in an awesome way. n_n;

Last edited:

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I like it! Only possible suggestion would be perhaps slightly darker eyes? (:

asdfghjkl I had forgotten about that. I've been playing around with its design for months now. Maybe I'll just post an unfinished sketch to get suggestions, because I just can't seem to make anything of it.

Anyway. Here's a Grass/Flying that I came up with a a while ago.
The roots are its "foot". The wing will be green, to make it look similar to a leaf.
Spoiler:

I'll draw it digitally later. I miiiight be able to make it into a sprite, but it probably won't look very good haha.
Please keep in mind that the above is poorer quality than my finished art. That's just to give you guys an idea on the design.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
AWW It's like a cross between Bellsprout and Rufflet! <3

Anyway, yeah I'll test out some darker shades in the eyes. :) In fact, I'm going to go ahead and try out some completely different color pallets to run past you guys. The one I posted is literally my first crack at it, so I expect some changes down the road.

Also, if you're having trouble with your fakemon Slender, definitely post it and see if another artist is willing to redline it for you. I'm sure a collaborative effort will produce an excellent Fakemon. :]

@ Jet : Thanks! I'm actually pretty proud of it. I definitely didn't expect to start spriting so early, but idk it turned out pretty well so I went with it! n_n; So, are you going to be working on a dragon type? I remember you said something about that maybe?

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Alexial woah! that sprite amazing Im really liking the colors, you got real talent man. Anyway im done with the Legendary Bird, I looked at the picture from the Roc and took reference from it to design the head of the bird. The theme I used for this Pokemon is based on the three Legendary Birds Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos. A long time ago this pokemon was also one of the Legendary Birds but it perished, now its spirit roams the night skies both in the real world and the spirit world.

Spoiler:

Man I gotta start resizing my pictures, they are coming out too big.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
That's pretty cool, BeefTaco. {:

Here's a WIP of the digital drawing of that fakemon. I actually had to make that shade of green out of a neon color that I black airbrushed over. My art program is acting up and I have very limited colors to work with.

Edit:
Holy arceus. What was up with that huge block of text where the picture should've been? x:
Let's try again...
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I like it the leaf beak its pretty creative, one suggestion have you tried making its roots look more like wet feet.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Great job guys! :]

I love that legendary bird, BeefTaco. It's monochromatic color scheme really makes it stand out from our other designs.

Also, Slender, do you have a name for your little guy? Cause it reminds me of these things :

Spoiler:

So maybe Wiloette or something like that would be a cute name? :3

ALSO I GOT CARRIED AWAY HALP

antaeon_sprite_zps692612e8.png

• Name : Antaeon
  • Type : Ground
  • Ability : Sand Veil
  • Classification : The Mud Armor Pokemon
  • Gender Ratio :
    male.gif
    50%
    female.gif
    50%
  • Flavor Text : Antaeon can pass through solid rock surfaces and disappear without a trace. The orange collar around its neck is used as an antenna to pick up vibration waves while in the ground.
  • Base Stats
    • HP : 90
    • Attack : 60
    • Defense : 110
    • Special Attack : 40
    • Special Defense : 110
    • Speed : 55
    • TOTAL : 465
Haha, no but really, are we all cool with sticking with this design? I changed it up a bunch but I think I preserved the spirit of the evolution. Golurk, your input would be helpful! :D

Back