• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Best gym leader wins

タイラー

Stress
Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
I made this primarily for something I just did so I can spread it to the rest of the world.

I beat the gym leaders at mossdeep city in coolest way. All my pokemon were dead besides my mightyena (named tooth) only the claydol was defeated. So I kept on spamming bite with only about 24 hp left, and apparently their other pokemon had no other moves so kept on using calm mind, which only helps for special attacks. So I strut out of the gym feeling like a boss.

So guys, what are your epic wins?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When I was battling Wallace in Sootopolis, all my Pokémon were taken down at one point, except my Gyarados. Thankfully, though, it was able to set up a couple of Dragon Dance, and once it did, it was able to defeat all the opponent's Pokémon single-handedly. That moment, to me, was pretty epic. :]

ColdMiner

Magister insanus
Years
-Perception of time everywhere- Blasting through multiple gyms with one pokemon that has a type advantage is such a great feeling. Multiple times, even.

Years
If Randomizers can count, here's one. My Clefable had just been utterly luck-haxed by Wattson's Magneton, being knocked from 3/4 HP to dead by a critical hit Shock Wave then hurting itself in confusion. So I had to go to my Alakazam, which was paralyzed. After I got him to the point where he healed, at one point when I healed he got ANOTHER Shock Wave critical hit and I almost died. After I fully healed, I killed the Magneton when it was almost dead, thanks to Shock Wave.

Then Manectric came out, Psybeam did less than half, then I SURVIVED HIS SHOCK WAVE WITH 2 HP, USED PSYBEAM AND CONFUSED HIM. His Sitrus Berry healed him up, but I healed too and he hurt himself in confusion, which is the only reason I was able to finish him off.

There were a lot of crazy battles in that adventure, but that's just one for me to name.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
Do XD or Colosseum count as Advanced Generation games? Probably not, but it was the coolest thing I'd ever done.

I had my Heracross and Meganium up against Nascour's Alakazam and Blaziken as the last two we both had. I had Heracross use endure, (meganium did something like body slam) and they both targeted Heracross and he was left with 1 hp.

Heracross then used reversal and OHKO'd the Blaziken with full power. Best Nascour win ever.

Omonox

Pokemon TurquoiseBlue and NavyBlue
Years
When I was fighting Wattson the first time I played Sapphire, he was impossible. I chose Treecko so his stupid magnemite was impossible to take down. When I finally took it down, treecko was with like 1 hp and then he sends in Magneton. I nearly quit the whole game. It took me literally 2 months just to beat him but because of that, I always see him as the strongest gym leader.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
Playing the unevolved challenge on Pokemon Ruby. I had 6 Pokemon, can't recall them right now, but I was a bit underleveled. I know for sure I had an Aron, Treecko, and Meditite. Well anyways, I was having some trouble, and I decided to send out Treecko and Aron. I got so lucky that for some reason they were missing, or not going for Aron, because that thing spammed with iron tail, haha. Eventually they killed it, but I revived it and did the same thing.
Anyways kinda off topic, but I'm sure it will definitely go here once I beat Wallace. In the Ruby unevolved challenge Wallace is beating me badly. I have even tried to spam calm mind with Meditite, but then he uses a physical move! I'm sure when I beat him it will be a close one and worthy enough to be on this thread.

Back