• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter // Fan Club

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
A friend said she'd give me one of her accounts (since her sister didn't want it). eeeeeeee. n_n;
If it's always gonna be in the middle of the night, I really don't have a chance...I've been working like 60 hours a week lately and I crash most of the time at home at night. But I really wanna get access to this thing....gah, this sucks. I'm like having mini panic attacks over it. bleh.
Well, the whole point of making this a community instead of just a solo thing was to include everyone worldwide. So I assume that JKR would insist that the times these things go live be accomodating worldwide on at least some of the days.

Well it's more about in the movie when you see all of the Dudleys finding the letter address to harry before they go to that secluded island, and it's only ever one extra scene whenever I watch it, so it's not a big deal.
what, you haven't read the books. get out and don't return until you have. >:OOO

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
About this Pottermore thing, is it good? I'm thinking about trying to get into it or something if I can from seeing all these things about Harry Potter in general on Tumblr. It's making me want to get into Harry Potter some more, I need to see them movies which I didn't understand so much, namely the Order of the Phoenix.

Idk I'm rambling. :P

But anyway, I have a question which I was talking about with a friend a while ago which I thought could make some nice discussion here. Comparing the two actors of Albus Dumbledore (Richard Harris + Michael Gambon), who do you prefer to play as Dumbledore in the films, and why?

what, you haven't read the books. get out and don't return until you have. >:OOO
I never said I hadn't read the books. I'm reading Goblet of Fire now, and have read the first three.

Last edited:
Years
I got accepted for Pottermore! OMG Yay! Logged on and I am one of the 'lucky feW' member getting early acceSS!

UN: DraconisMidnight49

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
YAY~ My sister just told me she registered, so I got one, too :D And I've just validated it. I chose StarHex16. Apparently the answer is all over Twitter XD I didn't even look at the question XD I'm so happy to have got one, I feel like I'm never lucky with this sort of stuff XD

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
Your usernames are a lot better than mine. My username is SeerNox16. u____u

But I like to think that it's rather befitting, given the nature of how I got it, and it sounds like a Ravenclaw-esque username, if I do say so myself! I was asleep last night and some higher power told me to wake up. I woke up, and tried to go back to sleep, but just couldn't fall asleep. Usually, I have no problem falling back to sleep. Thinking that it was a sign, I checked my phone, which had Pottermore sitting in a tab, and refreshed to find the clue. I jumped out of bed, got my laptop, and ran to the dinning room so I could leach some of the wifi from the neighbors. Nevertheless, congratulations to you both! Crossing my fingers neither of you are sorted into Hufflepuff! <3

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The site was updated to give a hint at the time the hint is coming tomorrow. It's anywhere between 4am and 8am EST tomorrow. So if you just go to bed really early and get up early, you'd have as much chance as everyone else. :/ As far as I know, there's a hint posted and you have to look up the answer in the books and modify the URL on the page, then you can register if you're one of the first thousands to do this. Or something like that.

Guy

just a guy
Years
What house are you in?: Gryffindor
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): 11.5 inches, Oak, Phoenix feather
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: You know, I don't even think that's a real spell. Are you sure you're saying it right?

Took me long enough, but I'm joining!

Speaking of Pottermore, I'm not sure if I'll be able to join before it opens in October or not. I wake up at 6 A.M (Eastern Time) in the morning, but I'm never on the computer until close to 7, and I doubt that's early enough to find the magic quill before the day's chance closes. It sounds easy enough, it's just getting on in time, and so early. If I don't get the chance, then I'll just wait until its opening in October. Although, that seems so far away from today. ):

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
About the Pottermore thing, I decided that I'd just join when all these magic quill shenanigans are over. Besides, these stuff never works for me anyways. I figured out what was the answer to the clue yesterday, yet it really didn't work for some reason. Ahh, such bad luck. ):

And RubyJB88, by the movie stream, I mean live streaming via a website like livestream.com

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
What house are you in?: Ravenclaw
Wand description (Wood, Length, Core): Pheonix Feather, Maple, 9 inches
Sunshine daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat...: YELLOW!
That was fun! I'm hoping I can join!
As for Pottermore, I found the magic quill and registered! Wasn't too hard. I heard there were 1,000,000 spots open so I would be optimistic.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
Years
I've actually decided that even if there are a million spots open for Pottermore, I'm not going to try and get in early. I don't want to take the opportunity away from something who would want it much more than me. I would feel guilty that way if I did that.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
Hmm, if it's 9am-1pm today, that might mean the question is soon~

Wait, so is it some kind of Flash animation that you'd have to wait for a few hours to get the right answer? Stupid email didn't alert me about anything. >:( I had no idea what was going on yesterday until I found out today.

There's no way I'd be able to get in! I mean, if you got it at 4 AM (which is ungodly for me) and it closed after 5 AM, forget it. I might as well wait for October. Does this start at 12AM? Or did you just start looking at the site around 4AM?

I thought it was all based on chance, as only a limited million people can get in. It's also unfair that the answers are posted elsewhere. How can you all get in just like that? That's pretty unfair.

I rather give up now. No need to be up all night just to get into a beta site.

I would've given you one of my accounts. But there's a possibility the clue will start later today, so you might get one anyway~

Apparently it started 8am on Sunday, 10am on Monday, so people think it'll be 12pm today.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
The clue for day three is up on Pottermore.com now, for those interested. It got up at 6:00 EST, so time is probably close to running out by now.

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hah, I got in. Epic name by the way, NoxBlade146. Shouldn't have complained, I guess. Perhaps it was good to join now--PoA was one of the top favorites in this series.

As for House joining, I'm not as specific or picky about it. I'm borderline Gryffindor-Ravenclaw, so either one would be fine. That is, if some quiz was there.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
You can't find it on the Guardian site with AdBlock enabled, I was stumped for a while ^^ Now I can go out, I was waiting for the site to update so I could leave XD

Guy

just a guy
Years
I got in! Nick woke me up 6:00 this morning, right before my alarm had went off. I quickly shuffled downstairs to grab my laptop, ran back up, and turned it on. He told me the answer to the clue, but looking at it, it was really easy. I had finished reading Prisoner of Azkaban only a few days before too, so the book was still fresh in my mind.

I had the same problem as Jorah at first. It lead me to this Children's book site. I had my Ablock enabled so I couldn't see the magical quill anywhere. When I did disable it, it was right there on the side of the screen. I wouldn't say much searching was required at all. Then I waved my wand (A wand wasn't really there, but I find it more appropriate than saying 'moved my touchpad') and the magical quill levitated until a link on the screen showed up.

It was pretty fun. Felt like Christmas morning! I even managed to get my sister to join too; I had to do it for her though. She was too lazy to get up. u__u

But, we both got the e-mail, and now my account is activated! My username is FireboltAuror159. I liked it a lot, and it fit since I'm currently reading the Goblet of Fire. When I get the welcome e-mail in a few weeks, and I have to be housed, I hope I get Gryffindor. I wouldn't be too upset if I was placed into Ravenclaw though.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Such lucky people. ;;
Now I just have to make sure that I have adblock off and I'm set for tomorrow. :D
Even though I decided to not register early, I figured why not do it. The clues will get a bit easier this time around anyways. :D

the activity in this thread has gotten lately makes me tear up tbqh :D

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
Hiro said:
My username is FireboltAuror159.

Aww, you got lucky with that one! :(

Yeah, for these types of things, it's best to disable Adblock, and Flashblock. I knew that the page it took me to wasn't a trap or a mistake.

The way people are discussing how they brought people over to register, is it me, or was this very easy? It's like, "don't worry about not getting in, because you will". Never mind the fact it's limited to a million people. People I know so far have multiple accounts on it, as if the site opened up already. :/ Maybe it was over-hyped, who knows. Somewhere within this whole ordeal there had to be a "oh if you don't click that validation link within a microsecond, you will not get in" kind of feeling. Or was I just that plain lucky?

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I think they're doing this to start the hype, in a similar way Google does. Y'know, make it seem like it's limited access so everyone wants to get in on it. One million hardly seems limited though, or maybe it's just me. If they're doing it equally, its more than 100,000 places each day.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I definitely felt like I had to rush though. The way I kept hearing people saying it goes by so fast or whatnot, made me feel like if I didn't hurry up this morning, it was going to close on me while in the process of it all. And if I didn't keep tabs on my e-mail, and didn't activate my account right away, I was going to miss it all and have to re-register all over again the next day. Turns out, you're given 48 hours to activate your account...

I will say that the day's clue closed really fast this morning. I woke up at 6 A.M. when I got told it was open, and minutes to 7 this morning, I went back on Pottermore's site after I had activated my account to see it was closed already.

Back