• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do I give the player a National Dex?

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I have tried looking all around the Pokémon Essentials Wiki, and cannot find anything pertaining to my question. I have one region, although when I make a new Pokémon species I get the whole "pbSeenForm" undefined method error. I quickly presume this to be a problem because the player doesn't own a National Dex. I know how to add scripts, and script a little. I already added the default Pokédex, but I want to add the National Dex to make things much easier. Someone, please help me out.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
You presume wrong. The "pbSeenForm" error occurs because you haven't started a New Game. That problem's been answered often enough already.

The wiki is very clear on how to use multiple Dex lists (even if it's just 1 Regional + 1 National). At least, I think it's clear.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Interesting...

You presume wrong. The "pbSeenForm" error occurs because you haven't started a New Game. That problem's been answered often enough already.

The wiki is very clear on how to use multiple Dex lists (even if it's just 1 Regional + 1 National). At least, I think it's clear.
Yeah, I was able to figure that out last night after I had posted this. Tried a new game, and worked like it was supposed to. Then I saw other threads that had similar errors. As such, I deeply apologize for not checking harder.

Thank you, however, for the link to the Dex description page. I still couldn't figure out how to do it. The Regional Dex was easy, but when I tried looking for National Dex is when it got a bit confusing.

Thanks again.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Searching for the phrase "National Dex" is a start.

Basically, the National Dex is only usable if the Dexes don't depend on location, and it is unlocked by using pbUnlockDex.
Fantastic. Worked like a charm. What I was aiming for was to make the National Dex be available for the whole region, as I want to make the region contain varieties of Pokémon. Thus, using a National Dex makes this task much easier. I am unorthodox in my ways, therefore, I want to change things up a little.

All my problems have been solved, and I no longer need help on this topic.

Thanks Maruno.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I suggest you to make 'DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false' by default.
It is.

I can't imagine any time when someone would want it to be "true". It's how the system used to work before I improved it, so it's just a call-back to then rather than it actually being useful.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
I suggest you to make 'DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false' by default.

It is.

I can't imagine any time when someone would want it to be "true". It's how the system used to work before I improved it, so it's just a call-back to then rather than it actually being useful.
Yep, I checked the script. At script "Settings" line 123, it's already preset to that in fresh copies of Pokémon Essentials. I had to make sure because unlocking the National Dex requires that the prerequisite is DEXDEPENDSONLOCATION = false.

Back