• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Melanite Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
What you've done fits! Nice job! all you did was some recoloring and you made it look amazing.

Sharpedo?? Nice! So in the game you get a Sharpedo? That's wicked....

Also, I see how your Weavile is 25, are you that far in development?

Thanks! Actually, that is just the standard surfing sprite. Sharpedo is available in the game though. No matter who you surf with it shows up like that. It seemed, fitting. And not really with Weavile. I just gave myself it and made a random wild battle for the screenshot. I have been working on things more graphically lately. I have things evented through the first gym though :D

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
This looks good man. I think this is gonna become one hell of a game. Love the title screen, the HG/SS tiles in the screenshot. But try adding some new in-game features to make the game more unique. Something like a PokéGizmo or a custom addition like Contests. I know they'll be hard, and you're not the best when it comes to scripting, but hey, just planting ideas on your head!

When I have time, I'll make a banner, too! Who's the mascot, by the way?

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
This looks good man. I think this is gonna become one hell of a game. Love the title screen, the HG/SS tiles in the screenshot. But try adding some new in-game features to make the game more unique. Something like a PokéGizmo or a custom addition like Contests. I know they'll be hard, and you're not the best when it comes to scripting, but hey, just planting ideas on your head!

When I have time, I'll make a banner, too! Who's the mascot, by the way?

Darkrai thanks for the ideas

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
So, I tried Spriting again. This time, on overworld sprites. I am really proud of these. They aren't perfect, but they work. Please give comments and criticism.

gym_leader_overworlds_for_melanite_by_rayd12smitty-d5tnrt5.png

These are the first three gym leaders: Joey, Doug, and Rayna

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
So, I tried Spriting again. This time, on overworld sprites. I am really proud of these. They aren't perfect, but they work. Please give comments and criticism.

gym_leader_overworlds_for_melanite_by_rayd12smitty-d5tnrt5.png

These are the first three gym leaders: Joey, Doug, and Rayna

I really like these, they are very nice, but the second one has the most awkward face in the world, and the third one has a very large forehead

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
One Question how do you do this whole bag/battle/follow pokemon thing on a RMXP?

Not completely sure I understand you so I'll answer what I think you mean. Feel free to PM me with questions.

First of all, the engine for pokemon games is called Pokemon Essentials. You can google it to find the wikia. The following pokemon is a separate script, made by Help-14 and edited by Zingzangs, with a couple little bug fixes by me.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Updated the main post with 2 things.

1. I never changed the hero/heroin sprites. They are there now.

2. I made my first real sprite! It is the rival, named Parker. Guess who his dad is...
the_rival__parker_by_rayd12smitty-d5tzcf3.png

Also a new feature to be put into the game.

There will be a clothing store level in one of the department stores (yes I said ONE of). Inside, you will be able to choose four different outfits for your character.

Please give opinions on my sprite it took about 3 hours

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
I'll try moving around the mouth. Thanks for the feedback

also the arm on the right side looks awkward, theres too much of an indent where it looks like he is missing a part of his arm instead of the illusion of bending and stuff either reverse it and try to work from there, or lessen the length of the indentation, or just change the arm entirely, w/e you prefer, it looks really good though aside from those things

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
also the arm on the right side looks awkward, theres too much of an indent where it looks like he is missing a part of his arm instead of the illusion of bending and stuff either reverse it and try to work from there, or lessen the length of the indentation, or just change the arm entirely, w/e you prefer, it looks really good though aside from those things

Thanks! I'm planning on almost completely redoing it. I am just learning to sprite, and feel I can do better if I just redo it now. I like the feeling of doing things myself, so I redid the first gym leader, Grown up Joey!

What do you guys think? Also, hat or no hat?

the_first_gym_leader__joey_by_rayd12smitty-d5u2xte.png
3lxMxuT.png

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks! I'm planning on almost completely redoing it. I am just learning to sprite, and feel I can do better if I just redo it now. I like the feeling of doing things myself, so I redid the first gym leader, Grown up Joey!

What do you guys think? Also, hat or no hat?

the_first_gym_leader__joey_by_rayd12smitty-d5u2xte.png
3lxMxuT.png

good for you! its always fun making your own stuff, and i love the improvement you've made from the last sprite, however, the shading on his shirt/chest makes him look extremely malnourished xDDD and makes him look like a woman
it also makes him look like hes in a really awkward position, bending in a weird way unnaturally

personally I like the hat :P

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
good for you! its always fun making your own stuff, and i love the improvement you've made from the last sprite, however, the shading on his shirt/chest makes him look extremely malnourished xDDD and makes him look like a woman
it also makes him look like hes in a really awkward position, bending in a weird way unnaturally

personally I like the hat :P

Thanks. How would you recommend to do the chest shading? I mimicked the HGSS Ace Trainer.

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
Years
Thanks. How would you recommend to do the chest shading? I mimicked the HGSS Ace Trainer.

I would do a curve shade from one side of the torso; a shade in the bottom right side of his body (our right) up to about the top of the white mark should make it look better, I'll look into it later and show you an example

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I would do a curve shade from one side of the torso; a shade in the bottom right side of his body (our right) up to about the top of the white mark should make it look better, I'll look into it later and show you an example

Thanks that helps. Also, I redid the Rival, Parker

new_rival_sprite_by_rayd12smitty-d5u5fx4.png

EDIT: I made two new versions of Joey, which one looks best?
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
I've been really into spriting lately, so I have more sprites done! Here are the overworlds for the rival Parker, and the Champion Alice.

rival_overworld_by_rayd12smitty-d5u5o04.png
the_champion__alice_overworld_sprite_by_rayd12smitty-d5uac9a.png

Please let me know what you think.

Oh and @SavingRaven
Thanks! Glad you like it

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
Parker's OW pants shouldn't be so high up, I think... anyway, Alice is great!

Here was that banner or something...

BBHi_zps440ec270.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back