• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Three Hitmons

Which Hitmon do you prefer?

• Hitmonlee

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Hitmonchan

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Hitmontop

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
Years
I really like the original duo, Hitmonlee being the kicking pokemon, and hitmonchan being the punching pokemon. To me, hitmontop is diminished the likeablity of the dynamic; it should have stopped with the introduction of Tyrogue, the pre-evolution. Does there really need to be two kick-based pokemon? Maybe a headbutting, heck, a belly-bumping pokemon would have been a more complimentary addition.

So, of the two originals, it's a tough choice for my favorite, but I will go with Hitmonchan simply because of the versatility of moves it has always had. Blaze kick is the only, non-fighting or normal kick attack to my knowledge, and it took until gen 3 to introduce it.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
I'd always been a fan of Hitmontop due to its design before I'd ever used them. Now I've used them all, and I have to say I don't have a favourite anymore.
Although their designs aren't my favourites, I don't dislike Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. Plus, Hitmonchan is named after my favourite Asian :)
Hitmonlee's kicking attacks have the better animations, Hitmonchan has the best movepool for in-game with those elemantal punches, and Hitmontop is a bit of a tank (despite low hp) and has a decent movepool too.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
This is a tough decision for me, actually. Hitmonlee has the highest attack and powerful Fighting-type moves, Hitmonchan has the elemental punches plus that unique ability Iron Fist that makes punching type moves stronger and Hitmontop is the bulkiest of the three, which I like. Tough.

I guess I'll go with Hitmonchan because of the boosted punching attacks and is able to counter a wide range of opponents, plus it is based off Bruce Lee, which is my favourite martial artist. <3 Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Ice Punch and Sky Uppercut is the best moveset in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
HITMONLEE gets my vote easily.. My favorite by far is Hitmonlee always been a fan of his design, and personally always liked the Pokemon..

Most useful is obviously Hitmonchan as that's already been stated.. Never really cared for Hitmonchan though

Years
I went with Hitmonchan cos Iron Fist is great for abusing its many punching attacks and it gets the Elemental punches among them for extra diversity in its moves.

Back