• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your favourite N64 game?

Years
Star Fox 64. This game sets the bar for on rail shooters everywhere. Everything about this title is just amazing.

Banjo Kazooie and Sin & Punishment were also grade A titles.

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
My favorites are:

-Paper Mario
-Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Super Mario 64
-Pokemon Stadium

In that order ^^

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
Years
  • Age 33
  • WI
  • Seen Feb 14, 2013
I had a few favorite. They are Donkey kong N64, Pokemon stadium 1, and 2, star fox N64, and Bomberman hero! ^_^

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Pokemon Stadium
SSB
007 Golden Eye
Mario Party sumthin
Super Mario 64

Stump

"Reading this is for chumps.."
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2009
Wow, I remember when I got my first N64.
It broke.
Now I have emulator & romz!

My favorite game would probably be Battle Tanks or SM64.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Pokémon Puzzle League without a doubt. I remember spending hours upon hours playing that game and my urge to want to play it has increased significantly over the past few weeks for a strange reason that I'm unaware of. Unfortunately, I have no idea where to find both the game and my actual Nintendo 64. But I would really like a remake or something of that game for the Wii; that'd be rather fun in my opinion.

Apart from Puzzle League, I enjoyed playing the Ocarina of Time for a while now. Though I don't have any significant memories other than fighting Twinrovia and Ganandorf, the ocarina aspect of it all really combines two things I loved back then more than anything; gaming and the joys of music. I still listen to those ocarina songs from time to time. All I know is that my father was obsessed with that game for the longest time.

Editman

Pokemon Collector
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 30, 2014
  • Mario 64
  • starfox 64
  • pokemon stadium
  • pokemon snap
  • mario kart 64
  • zelda ocarina of time
  • golden eye
  • crusing usa
  • perfect dark
  • jet force

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I didn't have the Nintendo 64 when I younger, but my cousin did. Because he's older than me, he always got to pick what we'd play when I was over at his house and the titles included Mario 64, Mario Party 8, Pokémon Stadium 1 & 2 and Golden Eye. Oh, the hours we spent trying to get to the next level or killing each other were glorious hours indeed.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 5, 2011
!!Original super smash Bros.!!
The best multiplayer game ever!
2nd is goldeneye

other good games are-

star fox
mario Kart
Blitz
pokemon stadium
pokemon snap

Years
My favorite, above all, is Majora's Mask. It just trumps them all.
It's so dark, so dreary, so sweet, so innocent, and just.. great.
The characters are so likeable, and you get attached so easily; as a result, saving Termina becomes not only a 'okay i gotta do this' kind of quest, but more of a 'these people need me!' kind of quest, at least for me. :[

Close up is Ocarina of Time, though. I just love Zelda games, in general. :P

Nubi505

Heroes don't need super powers
Years
Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Bros.
Jet Force Gemini
Bomberman

And that one Lizard agent game I can't remember the name of.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Ma-jor-as's Mask! :)
Personally, I think it is the best zelda game (yes, even topping Twilight Princess AND Ocarina Of Time.)
Firstly, the time system adding something new to the Zelda series. Another thing good about it was transformation. You could transform into a Goron, Deku, Zora and Omni Link. It really added versatility,

Also, IMO, it had the best side quest in existence, something which happened to involve two loves. I wont ruin it for others but lets say it involves you being a detective of sourts, and reuniting a couple ;)
The Main Storyline was good, especially the final boss'. Some were funny, and some were hard :(

The bosses were unique and strange (like having to unfreeze one...:\). Not only that some required upmost strategy to defeat :). Not only that, but you had to usually use the mask you recently got AND/OR the item. (With the exception of the first and last bosses respectively.) helping the tribes (Deku, Goron and Zora) also was quite nice. :)

Also, the characters returning from OOT under new 'identities' was either good or bad. personally, I loved it as I loved seeing familiar faces :)

Another thing is the storyline was really dark and mysterious, a change from most of the games at the time (much darker than OOT's IMO!)

Last but not least, the ending was epic! Not only did it have a suprise twist (if you played OOT anyway...;)) but it showed all of your achievements e.g: showing certain sidequests like the awesome one I mentioned earlier.;))

This post seemed more like a review than a opinion XD

Last edited:
Back