• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Birch Winds* (Grass Type Fan Club)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Can I have the same pokemon as Megan?
If so,
Nickname: Jaycee
Pokemon: Meganium (Baylee)
Why you like grass types: They are beautiful, majestic, high in HP and Special Attack, and always #1 in the main Regional Pokedex
Favourite Grass types: Chikorita/Bayleef/Meganium, Celibi, Leafeon, Treecko/Grovyle/Sceptile

Yay! We have two Meganiums in this group! Welcome, JC! ^_^

Now that I realize, as Bulbasaur is the #1 Pokemon in the National Dex, this means Grass-Types are the #1 type in the dex as well. :D

Now um...To keep this club going, mind if I start a new topic? :)

Why did you choose your Partner Pokemon? (the Pokemon you chose upon joining the club)

Whitney's Shaymin

Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Years
Nickname: Pokemoner
Pokemon(must be grass): Shaymin
Why you like Grass Types: There cute, strong, and can drain your energy very easy.
Favorite Grass Type(s): Shaymin, Breloom

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I'm wanting to be more active in clubs, so I'll join!
Nickname:Kouzan (AWsquared)
Pokemon(must be grass):Treecko
Why you like Grass Types:Because I like how they're moves are powered by the sun and my favorite Pokemon, Treecko, is a Grass type and so I grew to love Grass types automatically. And I've been picking the grass starter since the Gen III games and I don't think I'll stop with X and Y cause Chespin's just adorable! :3
Favorite Grass Type(s):Treecko, Whimsicott, Bulbasaur, Chespin, Shaymin, Meganium, Chikorita, Turtwig , Serperior , heck all of the grass starter Pokemon, Leafeon , Deerling, Liligant , loads more.
Why did you choose your Partner Pokemon?
I pretty much explained that already. Treecko's my favorite Pokemon. It's so cool, and can be cute at times, and always very fast, the fastest Speed of all the unevolved starters.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Nickname: Slayr231
Pokemon: Serperior
Why you like grass types: On my first ever pokemon game I chose grass as my starter and the type has been my favorite ever since. I'm a competitive battler so during monotype tournaments where all your pokemon have to share a type I have a grass team that has done very well (5 third places, 10 second places, but no first D: ) and I enjoy the challenge of using one of the lesser used types.
Favorite grass types: Serperior, Breloom, Cradily, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur

Answering the question, Serperior was my first pokemon and my first pokemon game was Black (I have the story of why I came into pokemon so late on my profile) and Serperior has been my favorite pokemon ever since although I'm a little torn I couldn't seem to make it fit into my competitive teams.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Some of you may know that I chose Meganium because it's my favorite of the evolved starters, and it's signature move Solarbeam is so powerful. :3 But I also chose Leavanny because it has the same personality as Meganium, but as Meganium as the power to heal, Leavanny has the power to nurture. <3

I'm wanting to be more active in clubs, so I'll join!
Nickname:Kouzan (AWsquared)
Pokemon(must be grass):Treecko
Why you like Grass Types:Because I like how they're moves are powered by the sun and my favorite Pokemon, Treecko, is a Grass type and so I grew to love Grass types automatically. And I've been picking the grass starter since the Gen III games and I don't think I'll stop with X and Y cause Chespin's just adorable! :3
Favorite Grass Type(s):Treecko, Whimsicott, Bulbasaur, Chespin, Shaymin, Meganium, Chikorita, Turtwig , Serperior , heck all of the grass starter Pokemon, Leafeon , Deerling, Liligant , loads more.
Why did you choose your Partner Pokemon?
I pretty much explained that already. Treecko's my favorite Pokemon. It's so cool, and can be cute at times, and always very fast, the fastest Speed of all the unevolved starters.

Hi there, AWsquared! It's kinda obvious that Treecko would be your partner pokemon, because it's on your avatar/siggy. :D I love how Treecko resembles as a gecko (or a lizard?), and that it has a stronger evolution line.

Nickname: Slayr231
Pokemon: Serperior
Why you like grass types: On my first ever pokemon game I chose grass as my starter and the type has been my favorite ever since. I'm a competitive battler so during monotype tournaments where all your pokemon have to share a type I have a grass team that has done very well (5 third places, 10 second places, but no first D: ) and I enjoy the challenge of using one of the lesser used types.
Favorite grass types: Serperior, Breloom, Cradily, Ferrothorn, and Venusaur

Answering the question, Serperior was my first pokemon and my first pokemon game was Black (I have the story of why I came into pokemon so late on my profile) and Serperior has been my favorite pokemon ever since although I'm a little torn I couldn't seem to make it fit into my competitive teams.

Oh, I love Serperior! I will admit that it's a lot more powerful than most of the evolved starters. I haven't seen it in action on the Anime just yet.

I'm also the same as you, actually! I chose grass as my starter when I picked up Red and BOOM gras types has been my favorite ever since.

Welcome, btw!

Years
Nickname: lawnmower Regeneration :p
Pokemon: Sceptile
Why you like Grass Types: Because... wynaut? No, seriously, I can't think of any reason/
Favorite Grass Type(s): Snivy, Sceptile

Well I chose Sceptile because the first game I played was Emerald and I chose Treeko (I hope I spelled it correctly, I can't even remember all the pokemon anymore) :(.

Last edited:

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hi there, AWsquared! It's kinda obvious that Treecko would be your partner pokemon, because it's on your avatar/siggy. :D I love how Treecko resembles as a gecko (or a lizard?), and that it has a stronger evolution line.

Oh yes obviously. Treecko is that awesome. And since it's species is The Wood Gecko Pokemon I assume it's based on a gecko. (Particularly the leaf-tailed gecko according to Bulbapedia. )
240px-UroplatusSikoraeSameiti.png

That thing's just awesome looking imo so I like to believe it's what Treecko's based on lol.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Nickname: Pacifist
Pokemon(must be grass): Celebi
Why you like Grass Types: I love them because they are all so adorable powerful and lovely kinds of pokemon
Favorite Grass Type(s): Celebi,Meganium,Leafeon,Bulbasaur and shaymin
Edit i forgot the topic :P
1.In your opinion, what is the best type combination for grass types? for sure electric, they are mostly formed by pokemons with good personality and one help to counter some of the weakness of the other like ground and flying type pokémon

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome lawnmower Regeneration! <3

Pacifist, Celebi is my favorite legendary Pokemon. It's so cute and adorable. Although I like Virizion for its badassness, but Celebi beats it for cuteness. :3

Also, never thought of the good advantages of grass/electric combination types! I mean, it would be weak against flying-types, but with electric-type moves, they can easily eliminate them.

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Yeah celebi is really cute and his movie is amazing.
so about Chespin type, pure-grass or not?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
so about Chespin type, pure-grass or not?
I can imagine Grass/Ground or Grass/Dark! He looks like he could easily become either some kind of mole-like creature constantly borrowing underground for protection/attacking, but he also looks like the perfect candidate to become a ninja of the forest with the stealth that comes with being a Dark-type! Chespin itself will probably be purely Grass-type, but as for the evolutions I'm betting Grass/Ground or Grass/Dark. What about you?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm pretty sure Chespin and its evolved forms might be Grass-Ground seeing that it's a dirt animal rather than a plant or an actual green animal. I have this gut feeling it may get some ground-type moves, but not enough to classify it as a grass-type. I don't know why but that's just what I think xD

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
Nickname: RoreyG

Pokemon
: Serperior

Why you like Grass Types
: My relationship with Grass Type Pokemon stems from how I use the starters. In my Pokemon Leaf Green version, I wanted to be faithful to the mascot so I chose Bulbasaur (fitting as I chose Charmander as my starter in my main Gen 3 game, Fire Red). By the time I beat the after-game, Venusaur had become my favorite Pokemon to use in the Kanto games (after my bro, Charizard of course). It was such fun to use. In Emerald, Treeko was so frickin' cool and, in my opinion, he had the best aesthetics of all the Hoenn starters. In Platinum, 99% of the time I would choose Chimchar, but for the other 1 %, Turtwig was my go- to guy and I had a great time using him. Serperior is the only Gen 5 starter that I have been able to finish a game with. Treeko set the standard for cool Grass starters and Snivy more than lived up to it.

Favorite Grass Type(s)
: Serperior, Sceptile, Venusaur, Shiftry, Tropius, Leafeon.

Current Topic: Serperior. Why? Because Smugleaf. It was overkill on how many people were fawning over how "cute" Oshawott was and whilst I do like Tepig, I found its evolutions to be too repetitive (seriously, third consecutive starer with Fire/ Fighting type and another to be based off of a character from Journey to the West) and aesthetically disappointing. Snivy, on the other hand, seemed to exude confidence by the bucket loads and Serperior was so charming (get it!? :) :(). Anyway, Serperior was the most appealing to me and, when used right, it proved to be a faithful companion.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
What do you guys think about these as a possible evolutionary line for Chespin?

Spoiler:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I think Chespin itself will be grass, but evolve into a grass/dark typing. I really hope it gets some really good moves and has a great move pool as I need a counter for psychics in my grass monotype team. Assuming that it's grass/dark of course.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Yeah that is fan art. I'd say it could be pretty accurate because it does seem to flow in a line. I don't know about a pre-evolution for tropius, but I think it's pretty slim for any number of pokemon to get a pre-evolution.

Years
Yeah that is fan art. I'd say it could be pretty accurate because it does seem to flow in a line. I don't know about a pre-evolution for tropius, but I think it's pretty slim for any number of pokemon to get a pre-evolution.
I don't think fan art ever turns out to be accurate. xD
Well, I don't remember about gen v, but before that every new generation used to get some pre-evolutionary forms. Maybe this time they could again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back