• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Your preferred web browser?

What web browser do you use?

• Firefox

Votes: 71 34.8%
  • Chrome

Votes: 103 50.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 12 5.9%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 2.0%

• Total voters

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Since I just recently upgraded to Windows 8 Consumer Preview, that means that I have also upgraded from IE9 to IE10.

Hehe. Now it renders like Firefox. I think I like the desktop interface more than the Metro interface, as I feel more at home with it, but give it some time, and I'll get used in no time. :) I think I can call my preferred web browser to be desktop IE10 for now.

(Hmm... CSS gradients, text-shadow with spread, 3D transforms, advanced font rendering and feature settings, none of the obnoxious bugs in the Platform Previews and Developer Preview... Cool, huh? If only there was a Windows 7 version right now.

rockgangster

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
I use Google Chrome. Cause its fast, Easy navigation, get install Plug-in automatically (Like adobe flash player) and we can install games and apps on Google Chrome...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
http://www.palemoon.org/
Pale Moon is a full-featured, speed optimized browser based on the popular Firefox browser. It's pretty awesome. It's basically Firefox with some outdated or rarely used stuff removed and optimized to run for Windows and on newer machines.

Archenoth

The arch foe
Years
  • Seen Nov 6, 2020
I know of Firebug, but what's IDM? Some quick Google-fu leads me to believe that it's a Download Manager, or is that the wrong IDM?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
chrome. Easiest browser to use IMO. I used Opera once, when i was playing GPX, since Opera could not handle 100 tabs open, btu when I stopped playing GPX, I swithced back to my beloved chrome.

CrazyMrHans

Drunk and slightly Irish
Years
I use chrome because it's fast, and minimalistic, Firefox can be faster if you disable all add-ons though, but that means no adblock so screw that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
lol who was the guy that chose Internet Explorer?

Mine is Firefox. It was the first browser I was ever introduced to outside of IE and I've been in love with it ever since. It's so much faster and more reliable. People say they have problems with it but I've never noticed it myself.

I've tried Chrome and it does very well too, but I feel more at home on Firefox.

Iris Mist

Hylian Princess
Years
I personally use Chrome on both my home computers. My desktop computer is old and quite slow, and Chrome is the only browser that doesn't freeze for 30 minutes everytime I try to load a page.

Most of the places I worked use IE, and the more I use it, the more I hate it.

I remember when I first started using the Internet, Netscape was the only browser available. That was on the Windows 3.1 computers :)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Used Firefox for a few years, but when it started getting bloated I moved on to Chrome. I've been pretty satisfied with Chrome, but recently it's become bloated just like Firefox did a couple years back. I'm still sticking with Chrome for the time being; I've gotten pretty used to its interface and how it works, so...

Koi

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2023
Google Chrome

Prior to 2008, I've been using Internet Explorer(still uses it sometimes), then I switched to Mozilla Firefox and last year, I switched to Google Chrome and been happy ever since! :)

P.S. Just for the hack, I've tried various browsers earlier this year for comparison and I decided to stick to Chrome, just cause it's the fastest(in my opinion) and has simple settings and stuff.

blackmorale

風の行方
Years
Google Chrome. It's fast, easy, and has the "Incognito Window" feature (although Opera has a private tab). [I love Opera's features, but my laptop won't let me download it. :c]

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
Years
Google Chrome. It's fast, easy, and has the "Incognito Window" feature (although Opera has a private tab). [I love Opera's features, but my laptop won't let me download it. :c]
Firefox: Tools > Start Private Browsing

It makes me sad so many people sold their souls to Google.

Back