• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
My first practice animation:
litwick_animation_by_mineox100-d4z4oqf.gif

Litwick!

mineox100

Hey.
Years
Overall, your fakes are nice... but sprites size are 64x64, 80x80, and 96x96. I might be wrong though. The sprites has no highlight and the outline is not clean. The first one is better than the second one. And it seems like you saved them as a JPG instead of a PNG, which is a bad thing since JPG ruins your sprite. If you didn't save them as a JPG then maybe you used the Brush Tool instead of the Pencil Tool. Sorry for the wall of text by the way. :P

Aénex

Wheee let's take a look at my horrible scratch spriting attempt.
FlashireProtosprite.png

Here's my attempt at spriting my Fakémon, Flashire. It's not recent(I made it back in January I think).

My trainers are better than this. XP

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
Years
Overall, your fakes are nice... but sprites size are 64x64, 80x80, and 96x96. I might be wrong though. The sprites has no highlight and the outline is not clean. The first one is better than the second one. And it seems like you saved them as a JPG instead of a PNG, which is a bad thing since JPG ruins your sprite. If you didn't save them as a JPG then maybe you used the Brush Tool instead of the Pencil Tool. Sorry for the wall of text by the way. :P

My computer said i saved them as PNG... owell, and thx, no worries bout the wall lol. i have this one that i think i did waay better.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2016
Hello! I was looking for critiques on these sprites. I'm most concerned about the shading, but any other critiques would be welcome!

ClayFakemon

Need a spriter for fakemon
Years
Hello! I was looking for critiques on these sprites. I'm most concerned about the shading, but any other critiques would be welcome!

Nice, very nice, maybe give the squid a little yellow? idk, jus a thought but i do like them.. if you are really good at spriting i'd love it if you PM'd me

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
My most recent sprites from my newest game that was in development (and put on hold for the moment).

darkanafinishedmaybe.png

lolli1.png

I love teh style of that game though v.v

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
I had to google who that was but I found some and I agree it's similar XD. Oh well there goes my trying to be original.

Years
121wj8g.jpg

It's an extensive cross gen fusion, with around 65%~ being scratch work to blend the styles and make the attire. He's also a revamp of an older design...

30m1qg8.jpg

EDIT: Oh right and also he has his custom 'capsule' for all his pokeballs as well.

Years
I had to google who that was but I found some and I agree it's similar XD. Oh well there goes my trying to be original.

Doesn't mean you stop, ahahaha.

@mineox
The brown colours aren't very appealing, what you could try is using some brown palettes from official Pokemon sprites or tiles. Also the shape of the large rock looks unnatural and too circular. Perhaps have some jagged edges, flat edges and a more boulder-like appearance.

mineox100

Hey.
Years
@mineox
The brown colours aren't very appealing, what you could try is using some brown palettes from official Pokemon sprites or tiles. Also the shape of the large rock looks unnatural and too circular. Perhaps have some jagged edges, flat edges and a more boulder-like appearance.

Do these look better?
ZOLNd.png

I tried using Nintendo's style.

Years
Spotted an error in the trainer I posted and fixed it...

29zwnls.jpg

I didn't change the colour of his internal border to the final shade.

EDIT:
15n6792.jpg

Fixed his backpack so it's actually noticeable and added gloves.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 11, 2013
Alright, forgive my noobishness in advance; these are my first ever custom sprites, and this is also my first time using Photobucket, so I have no idea how to do this right. Any advice on either subject would be great, as well as any comments you have. So here they are:

Tykoal (Rock/Fire):
th_Tykoal.jpg

Tykool (Rock/Ice):
th_Tykool.jpg

As you can see, they are meant to be counterparts, maybe version exclusives to a romhack or something. I haven't yet made evolutions for them, so suggestions would be cool I suppose. And like I said before, any advice for a newbie would be much appreciated.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Alright, forgive my noobishness in advance; these are my first ever custom sprites, and this is also my first time using Photobucket, so I have no idea how to do this right. Any advice on either subject would be great, as well as any comments you have. So here they are:

Tykoal (Rock/Fire):
th_Tykoal.jpg

Tykool (Rock/Ice):
th_Tykool.jpg

As you can see, they are meant to be counterparts, maybe version exclusives to a romhack or something. I haven't yet made evolutions for them, so suggestions would be cool I suppose. And like I said before, any advice for a newbie would be much appreciated.

Interesting concept, however, you can improve the quality of the image by saving it as PNG rather than a JPG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back