• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew, Mew, so much Mew!

Utzipher

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
I became familiar with the Mew glitch when I was browsing through youtube videos back in 09', and someone has made a tutorial on it. Ten years too late, I would've been the coolest kid in school if I had known about that glitch then.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2021
I bought a gameshark when I was a kid just to get a Mew. I remember selling off extras to people for $1.25.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
I never did it in Red or Blue, but I always did the one in Cerulean City in Yellow. That Mew would stay for the duration of the game because I was stubborn and didn't want to replace it with something useful.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
Years
I did the glitch on my pokemon red game and I gotta say that Mew is the best HM slave ever!

Years
I never cared for Mew, when i was a kid i didn't knew the glitch, but otherwise i was a lonely player, nobody to trade, so i could never complete the pokédex with my original blue version. When i played a rom on my emulator, i tried it out and found out that the glitch worked and it was true, and a friend of mine told me there were other glitches and ways to obtain Mew, but never tried them.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
As a kid I only knew that I shouldn't battle that guy with a Slowpoke. Didn't know other requirements, so I never got to do it. I've watched a lot videos about glitches, but I never tried any of them, aside from the item glitch that I overdid as kid.

Today was the first time I actually tried the Mew glitch, and lucky me I avoided that bald guy west of Lavender Town. It was a fun experience.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I never knew about the Mew glitch at first. I realized the glitch while playing my Emerald :( Mew was one of my favorite legendary PKMNs, so I searched on YouTube the Mew glitch, but it was already over...I already fought the trainers on the route a long time ago, so I couldn't do it. I didn't want to restart the game, I was too lazy to do it. And I never had a Mew on my team :'( . Only got him with Action Replay/ Gameshark.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I did the Mew glitch in my Yellow version. I still have him actually on that cartridge. It was pretty fun having Mew on my team, and the glitch isn't difficult to do at all. I love Mew so im glad that the glitch exists.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Sadly i didn't so much about glitches back then than i do now so i really never new about the Mew glitch so i didn't know Mew even existed.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
Years
I just did the Mew glitch in Yellow just a few days ago. I had this game when I was a kid but forgot what I did with it, so I got back into the old GBA console, and got myself some games plus Yellow version. The glitch works awesome and was my first time getting Mew this way w/o a cheat.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
I think I just thought it wasn't possible to get a Mew in my game, so yeah, I just never bothered. I got one in SS though, but that was an official event.

Back