• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help recruitment thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Frost Version (Subject to change)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: Not a whole lot different from the traditional Pokemon formula. Has your typical hero/heroine on a journey to complete the Pokedex and become the champion. Evil enemy team and legendary Pokemon mascot also included.

Finished percentage: 1-2%

Your hacking skills: Pokemon sprite editing/inserting, Pokemon data editing

What help or skill you're looking for: Mapper, spriter, and scripter, with emphasis on the first two.

Additional contact information: [email protected]

Additional information: Any help will be appreciated!

pokemonroundhouse

Your mom likes my badges
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Roundhouse

Hack of:fire red

Additional information about the hack:I cannot get the background of the title screen to change correctly. I've been able to change the Charizard to Hitmonlee but the background comes out all glitchy.

Finished percentage: maybe 5%

Your hacking skills:I'm a pretty good scripter and a badass with advance maps.

What help or skill you're looking for:I need help hacking the titlescreen mainly the background

Additional contact information:you can email me here or send me an email. codylieuallen@gmail

Additional information:Im willing to pay you for your time and services. This is just something me and my brother have been working on for fun but it would mean a lot if we could get it complete. There is also a link of what I've gotten so far in my albums on my account.

ominousacid95

Pokémon YouTube Version! :]
Years
Hack name: Pokémon YouTube Version

Hack of: Pokémon FireRed Version

Additional information about the hack:
Pokémon YouTube Version is a hack initiated by OminousAcid and is currently being worked on.
You start as a boy/girl who wants to start a "career" on YouTube. To be more precise, to start
a channel regarding (competitive) Pokémon battling. However, it won't be easy to grow on the vast
internet and so you must journey and fight other YouTubers and therefore gain exposure around
YouTube.
These YouTubers are the Gym Leaders and Elite Four of the (not decided name) Region and by
beating them, you will gain Subscribers, because these people will give you content to upload and the
battle will be (not actually, of course) featured on their channel, as such, there is a sort of
shout-out. Random trainers around the world will also be made as (smaller) YouTubers. To make this possible,
any Pokémon YouTuber may apply to be in the game and has a high probability of being in the game! :D
The biggest YouTubers, examples being Haydunn or shofu, will not be Gym Leaders or Elite Four, because
I want to put them in the post-game as an extra challenge, for example by putting them on One through Seven Island.
I hope you are looking forward to this hack, as I am certainly excited for it, along with the rest of the team.

Finished percentage:
10%

Your hacking skills:
Map editing, scripting (to some degree), spriting (I have other people helping with this too), trainer editing. All in all, mostly the basic stuff, although the current team has a lot of creativity and a very good spriter.

What help or skill you're looking for:
Mostly Scripters and Tile Spriters. The current team does not have a lot of skill in scripting. We would like to make a full new ROM, instead of just editing the maps and trainers.

Additional contact information:
YouTube: OminousAcid
E-Mail: [email protected]

Additional information:

Hello!

My name is Mike a.k.a. OminousAcid. I am a YouTuber on the way to making my own ROM Hack. I already have some people on the team with me, but we are actually really missing a few people, mostly Tile Spriters and Scripters. As for the name and story of the hack, I can assure you that the idea of the hack is, in my opinion, quite original and really applicable to not only the Pokémon community (on YouTube) but any YouTubers in general, not to mention people just wanting to play a fun game. You can find the story idea up at the beginning of this post under additional info about the hack.

I hope to hear from you soon! :]

~Mike

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 6, 2014
Hack name:team rocket butch and cassidy edition/jessie and james version

Hack of: fire red

jessie and james version(wanted to call jessie and james edition but there is already one although in spanish, need to come up with a different name)
-play as Jessie or james
-start out with koffing and ekans
-chase ash and co. through all regions of the anime, doing all missons jessie and james does
-encounter butch and cassidy
-get all pokemon jessie and james uses from kanto to kalos.
and much more

butch and cassidy edition:
-similar to jessie and james version
-play as Cassidy or butch
-playthrough all butch and cassidy's appearances in the anime and much more
-encounter jessie and james
-get all pokemon butch and cassidy use in the anime
and much more
Finished percentage:
not started
Your hacking skills:
beginner.
What help or skill you're looking for:
mapping, scripting, title screen editor/intro editor etc
Additional contact information:
inbox, [email protected], youtube: RedFlameKnight
Additional information:
looking to start asap, anyone who wants to work on this project with me is welcome
need a scripter, mapper etc etc

Really wanna make the Jessie and James edition first. So that is the one I want help with at the moment. Butch and Cassidy edition will come later

Last edited:

Red John

Progressing Assembly hacker
Years
Hack name: Pokemon Crimson Flash

Hack of: Ruby

Additional Information: The games based on Zillio region, and is based on a mysterious crimson pokemon.

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: Scripter,beta tester

What help or skill you're looking for: Music inserter(mid2agb and sappy doesn't work),text editor,spriters,and someone who can change the title screen.

Contact info: Just PM me or [email protected]

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Hack Name: Pokemon Pink Tourmaline

Hack of: Ruby

Additional Information: Mainly just a hack like one that would be in the sideshow showcase, so no major changes other than trainers and gym leaders.

Your Hacking skills: Pokemon editing, mapping (if I ever need to change the maps), Trainer editing

What help or skill you're looking for: Spriting, since the gym leaders and Elite Four will be people from various forums I've been on.

Additional contact information: Either PM me or contact me at [email protected]

Years
Hack name:OMG Not another Pokemon Hack Pls Leaf Green Edition

Hack of: Pokemon Leaf Green

Additional information about the hack:Its a parody of pokemon games and pokemon in general. Changed Storyline somewhat. Lots of (crude) humor.

Finished percentage: 3-6% But Storyline is already finished

Your hacking skills:Hexadecimals, mapping, text editing, lots of other stuff, but I can't think of them right now D:

What help or skill you're looking for:I can't Sprites for shizzle (I needs spriters)

Additional contact information: PM me so we can skypez

Additional information: I only need someone who can sprite decently enough but if you can hack that's good, any help is appreciated! Edit: I'm switching to Pokemon Fire Red due to technical problems, hope nobody minds!

Last edited:
Years
Hack Name: Pokemon Crystal Flame Ambra Version

Hack of: between Sapphire or LeafGreen [Haven't really decided yet]

Additional information about the hack: basic info: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=8336685#post8336685 as Ambra region is based off California however were focusing on southern California and a bit of northern Cali.

Finished percentage: 0% [well got a storyline and a lot of designs for the pokemon, so about 0.005% I guess?]

Your hacking skills: none, well story lines, and concept art if that counts.

What help or skill you're looking for: Everything and any help I could get, sicn ei'm brand spanking new to Hacking.

Additional contact information: PM Me or E-Mail Me at [email protected]

Additional information: Any help at making this/collaborating with anyone I would not only greatly appreciate it but would owe you so much thanks and gratitude, and also for joining team Project Ambra you'll 100% credit.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 8, 2014
I'm making a Rom Hack of Pokemon Firered. It's been going well until I came across a part where I had to script. The only problem is I am terrible at scripting so I need someone to create some script for me.

Email me at [email protected]

Text me at [email protected] (iMessage)

Years
Hack name: I don't know.

Hack of: Pokemon Fire Red.

Additional information about the hack: None.

Finished percentage:5%

Your hacking skills: Mapping, Some spriting skills, pokemon editing.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need someone to change the starter scripts position, and insert a gym leader sprite properly (They are both incredibly important, and I need help.

Additional contact information: Just PM me.

Additional information: None.

Chimchar

THE Chimchar Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 11, 2017
Name: Pokemon XTreme (can be changed)

Hack of: Fire red(again, can be changed)

Percent done: none

Additional Info : tounaments no gyms

hack skills: none :(

Skills in need: everything. Mainly someone to lead. Someone with decent skills looking to make a name for themselves. Does not need a lot of experience.

contact information: pm. We can go to email from there. If you are interested in leading pm me right away as I already have interest

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Name: Pokemon Mirage Of Tales: A New Age Dawns. It's the first game of what I hope can make into a series!

Hack of: FireRed v1.0.

Percentage Completed: I'd say the game was about 85% complete. This is why I really need help!

Additional Info: I've done the majority of this game all by myself and learned almost every basic-moderate aspect of hacking along the way, but there's still some stuff I haven't been able to get my head around at all. I won't be able to finish my game if I can't implement the stuff I need a little help with, which would be SO disappointing for me!

Hacking Skills: Mapping, Tile Inserting, Scripting, Spriting, Sprite Inserting, Hex, inserting ASM routines. I'd be willing to help substantially in return with any of the above in return for and help I might get!

Skills In Need: I am desperately in need of someone who knows their way around world-map hacking, as I need the Kanto world-map and all three Sevii maps changed to custom ones (I'd be eternally in ur debt!).
I also need a little help with title-screen editing and cry/music hacking but the world mapping is my biggest priority!

Contact Information: Feel free to PM me here or if you prefer to e-mail VM me and I'll give u my address =)

Last edited:

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
Hack name: Zelda(Yet Un-named)

Hack of: Fire Red

Additional information about the hack: A hack that removes Pokemon from the game and replaces them with Zelda enemies and characters, not specific to one game.

Finished percentage: Literally started today, so like.... 0.001%.

Your hacking skills: Pokemon Sprites, Trainer Sprites, and Overworld inserting, Text editing, Palette editing, Spriting, Mapping, I've inserted custom music a few years back but need refreshing. I can't script lol. Some of you may know me as the lead creator of Mewtwo Strikes Back.

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripting, Spriting, Mapping, Tile inserting, pretty much anything. I want to get a team going.

Additional contact information: PM me or post on the thread here:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=331358

Additional information:

You play as Link as you go through Hyrule, overworld graphics are still themed like Pokemon but given a new look. Without fighting the traditional Zelda way, fight your way through the dungeons/temples and (presumably, as I haven't yet decided on a story) save the Princess.

tXYc5.jpg

Trainable pokemon, if you want to call them that, are not limited to just Zelda enemies. Other characters will also be tamable. Starters will probably be the Goron, Deku and Zora families.

Oh, and the way Link looks in my sig is just a concept. He'll be redone to look better eventually.

Queen Azura

Mistress of Midnight
Years
Hack name:

Pokemon Celesta

Hack of: Emerald

A musically-inspired Pokemon journey taking place in the Ossia region. Features new Pokemon typings and learnsets (Sceptile: Grass/Dragon, learns Outrage, Lugia: Psychic/Water, learns Hydro Cannon, etc.), new moves, stronger Pokemon, and an all-new region. The choice-influenced storyline incorporates two new antagonists and 11 new Legendary Pokemon as well as an Advanced Pokemon League. All-new custom music for towns and battles, including for the new Legendary Pokemon.

Finished percentage: 7% (Music in progress, Pokemon edited, Story in progress)

Your hacking skills: Pokemon editing, music creation, story writing

What help or skill you're looking for: Scripter (I will write dialogue, need to be able to implement player's choices), Custom Spriter (Need 11 Pokemon, 2 Player Characters), Mapper (to create new region, only Emerald location to stay is the Battle Frontier)

Also if anyone can give me a little help importing my music with Sappy, I'd appreciate it. The instruments never import right, especially drums.

Additional contact information: [email protected] is the best place to reach me, or you can ask for my Skype.

Last edited:

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
Hack Name: Pokémon Serenity Escape

Rom Base(Hack of): Pokémon Fire Red(BPRE 1.0)

Additional Information About The Hack:
This is an open-world Pokémon, ultilizing features, that will allow you to explore where-ever, whenever. The decision of how you play the game, is completely up to the player, themselve. In terms of features: Here is a LONG LIST:
Features:
Explore the vast region of Salria, in one of Pokécommunity's first(I hope), Open World Pokémon ROM Hacks.
There are many secrets to be found, from rare items to legendary encounters. Exploration is king in this game.
Battle the "Masters"(Gym Leaders) in ANY ORDER.
Trainers are more powerful than ever. Trainer types, dictates their levels(ex. Ace Trainers are always in the same level as you)
Sidequests, Sidequests, Sidequests. Feel that this game needs to have more content or plot, then start looking into Sidequest! Rather than telling a single plot, I can tell many stories.
HMs are NO MORE. Your Pokémon dictates, what HMs you have access to.
Checkpoint System! White Outs after long exploring, doesn't need to be annoying. Checkpoint System allows you to place a Warp and jump to that Warp, whenever you may need it, or when you white out. So use your Checkpoints often! Doesn't mean you can place one, whenever though.
Evolving Encounters! Get your Pokémon game on! You level up, so does the Pokémon.
Battle Facilities! Time to Fight for your life, in a no-hold back, ultimate, battling showdown.
Your Magical Expanding Map! Hahahaha you thought, your trusty map would help you, no. The more you explore, the more info, your map get.
Towns and Cities, Cities and Towns. Resting spots are a GOD sent, as they are now rarer than before.
Diffuculty! This game will be hard. But hey, at least items are cheaper than ever at the PokéMart, I mean Merchants.

Finshied Percentage: 3%, mainly in my planning stages still.

Your Hacking Skills: Planning, Mapping, Scripting(to an extent), Pokémon Data Editing, Pokémon Sprite Inserting, Move Editing(soon to actually make moves with BSP), Writing

What help or skill you're looking for?: ANYBODY. A little help can go a long way, I need Mappers because Salria is expansive, Scripters because sometimes I'm lazy, and I know people are better than me. ASM inserters. Spriters and TILE INSERTERS Just if you want to help, please do so. I'll be forever in your debt.

Additional contact information: If interested VM or PM, so I cna give you my contact information. But my email is [email protected], if you don't feel like it.

Additional Information: Well, I'm DJTiKi, I like planning, becuase I get ideas. Alot. Maybe its a disease. I want to help them, especially, if they can give help in return. This is something, I had for a while, and want to finally implement it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 8, 2014
I am currently working on a Pokemon firered rom hack, but i can only get as far as Text Editing and Map editing. I need someone to put code in to make stuff happen. For example, one part there is a celebi in Viridian Forest, I have the sprite there, but I need someone to activate a battle when you talk to it and after the battle have the celebi fly into the sky, can anyone help me?

Imessage me at:[email protected]

Email me at:[email protected]

Setzer Gabbiani

Gambler
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 29, 2019
Hack name: Pokemon Unification (Title is subject to change)

Hack of: Pokemon FireRed

STORY: While it would take up lots of room to type up the entire story of my hack, I can give the basic premise here, and detail it more to you elsewhere if you'd like to join the team. The story revolves around a group of Pokemon archaeologists. Throughout the game, you will visit various ruins to solve puzzles and unlock their secrets to learn about the lore of the Pokemon world. An organization emerges around this time, however, who wants to unify the Pokemon world under their rule alone, believing that total control will stop all wars and crime (think like a sort of utopia, which never ends up working out without serious flaws in it). They plan to use the power of Regigigas to physically push all the regions together and reshape the world in their image to start their plan (as said in one of his Pokedex entries). Of course, you end up getting mixed up in this all and have to work to stop them. I will give you a much more in-depth explanation of this after you contact me.

NO GYMS/E4: The hack is pure story based, so no generic "I gotta be the Pokemon Master!" stuff. What you are doing is to prevent an organization from shaping the world in their image.

SIDEQUESTS: Eight major sidequests in the game will take up the 8 places of the badges. While they do not need to be completed, completing them will unlock something like an optional boss or a developer's room.

MANY MORE FEATURES: If I continued to type about each and every aspect of the game, this post would be even more enormous than it already is. While talking to you in a Skype (Or preferred way of contact) interview, I will describe the rest of the game to you in detail.

Finished percentage: 5% (I'm trying not to do too much without the additional resources I need first)

Your hacking skills: Mostly the non-creative stuff, like scripting and all the technical things. I can learn those through tutorials, but I am not artistic.

What help or skill you're looking for: I need a tilemapper, sprite artist, and most importantly, concept artist. We seriously need people who can do any of these tasks for us, concept art being the biggest right now, but the other two are welcome. There are quite a bit of characters that need to get done.

Additional contact information: Story sound like something you'd like to know more about and bring it to the format of a full fledged game? If you'd like, you can send me a PM on here. However, I might not notice it as fast as other things. My Skype name is iSezter. It would help if you would add me on Skype instead, with your contact request saying "Pokemon Unification" instead of the generic "Hi, I'd like to add you as a contact." I will know where you are coming from, and I will add you to talk about these positions ASAP.

Additional information: Not much else needs to be said. Even if you can't work full time, we need all the help we can get whenever you are free.

Years
Hack name:burning oak

Hack of:fire red

Additional information about the hack:its a hack that follows professor oak back when he trained pokemon

Finished percentage:none yet its still in planning phase

Your hacking skills:i can do minimal spriting (overworld only) as my computer wont run nse. i can do text edits and very
minimal story element changes

What help or skill you're looking for:i need a trainer spriter, a map maker, someone to import custom music if possible someone who knows how to change major events and story elements. and i know this may be hard but i need someone who can take the option of being a girl out of the game, and some other menial tasks that need to be done because there are some tools that my pc wont run

Additional contact information:email: [email protected] you can im me on here, my xbox is xdchristyan2

Additional information:any help at all if apretiated but a good team would be phenominal

xavient

GameboyLuke
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Hack name: [Undecided]

Hack of: FireRed

Additional information about the hack: A group of YouTubers including myself are looking for people to help us build a romhack, these youtubers include:
GameboyLuke (me)
HoodlumScrafty
Vetrozity
Patterrz
TheHeatedMo

Finished percentage: 0%

Your hacking skills: I haven't hacked in about 4 years, but I know some basics myself.

What help or skill you're looking for: Talented hackers to help build this ROM. Willing to pay.

Additional contact information: PM Me here and we will discuss further.

Additional information: Looking for serious people only. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back