• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Colosseum/XD Prequel

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Hey everyone, and I have a great idea for a Pokemon game. Everyone loves the Gale of Darkness game right? No? Then eat my shorts, lol, anyway, I was thinking back to Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and how it is a Prequel to the Deus Ex, franchise, and I thought to myself, would it be awesome if there was a Prequel to Colosseum?

It could discus the creation of Team Cypher, which could have been at one point, a government agency that was made to create shadow pokemon as a way to make Pokemon more controllable. So to test the Shadowification process, they captured Mew and used the Shadow process on it, because since Mew shares the same genetic code as all other Pokemon, it would mean that all other Pokemon would be able to be Shadowfied as well. Cypher at this time, does not know about the evil uses Shadowfying has, they were just trying to make Pokemon more controllable, which is perfectly logical for an economy that is built around controlling pokemon.

Unfortunately, Mew goes crazy thx to the power of Shadow, and decides to destroy Orre and all other human civilizations. And now it is up to you to stop Mew.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Interesting... but that would force you to play as one of the Cypher team as noone else would know about the shadow Mew...
Well... yeah, it could be Wes and you could see the reason why he blew up the base, that would probably be cool...
Even though I don't think we will ever see something like Col/XD again...

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
That really sucks, because XD is my favorite game in the franchise.

But yeah, it could be Wes, or maybe his dad, who ends up disappearing in the end, and Wes gets taken in by the enemy, kind of like the end of Star Wars 3

Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2015
Actually, I just remembered that Wes was actually an ex-member of Team Snagem, not Team Cypher, so here is probably what is going on:

Wes' father is Agent (something) and has been working for Orre's government. Orre has been transferred to look into the secret group known as Team Cypher, a subsidiary of the Government, tasked with trying to do, non-conservative actions that the people would approve of.

Wes's father is fair and impartial to the tests that the team is pulling, and agrees to go off on a quest to capture Mew for the group, so, yeah, game gets ready probably 20 minutes in and you need to capture one of the strongest Pokemon to exist. Yeah, this will only be thanks to the unbelievably badass roster you will be given by Team Cypher to accomplish said mission, and will take the Pokemon back after you complete it.

After this, Wes returns home to visit his son, Wes. He gets home and sees his son for a second, but then his wife comes out of the house with a phone, saying that she just got a call from a friend in the city, a Mysterious Pokemon, shrouded in Black Aura has attacked. Recognizing the Black Aura from one of the experiments being tested before he left, he realizes what has happened and what he has done. He bids his family farewell again and runs back to the city.

But when he tries to get back, the main road appears to be blocked by quite a few crashes of vehicles, all trying to escape. Taking a short cut, Wes's father comes into contact with team Snagem, doing their usual stuff by trying to steal his Pokemon. Wes defeats them with his own Pokemon and gets intercepted by the boss, he tries to assert his Power by challenging him to a battle, but looses as well. Instead of just swearing revenge or trying to be a douche, he accepts his defeat and realizes that Wes works for the Government. He accepts an arrest, but Wes says that he doesn't have time to take them into custody, so if they Promise not to get in his way, he won't report them.

After passing, Wes's Father makes it back to the city, only to find it in ruins and that there are hundreds of wild and dangerous Pokemon everywhere. At the center of the city is a Shadow Mew, floating above looking menacing, before flying off to who knows where. Wes's father makes it through the hords of wild Pokemon and to headquarters, where the chief scientist of Team Cypher tells the psuedo president what happened. After all the exposition is taken care of, Wes's father is tasked with tracking Mew, while the rest of them try to find a way to defeat Mew. He is tasked not with fighting Mew, but to track and report on what he knows. This is especially stressed when it is discovered that Mew has taken hundreds of captured Pokemon, including the party that Wes's father took with him to take on Mew before.

...yeah, just pulled that out of my @$$ in the 20 minutes it took me to write it. Thought that if there was actually something to talk about, people would give their opinions about the situation.

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
Oh Great! This can explain why Orre is all Desert Waste-land and Phenac isn't!!!

And you're pulling an Assassin's Creed with this.....I.E. The whole Father thing...
What could the Starter(s?) be?
Do we know how Wes got his Espeon and Umbreon anyway?

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
Years
I really do like that idea, but it's not a real game. If it was real game, it would be awesome!

orangeralts21

Newfound Respect for Wobbuffet
Years
Well, I mean if we could focus the Colosseum prequel on Wes' Father we could have him with like an eevee or Eeveelution;but avoid it being so much like Michael's Eevee or Wes' Espeon and Umbreon. We could give him one of the Original 3 eeveelutions or something.

Maybe incorperate how Wes got his, like if Wes' Father(Should we give him a name so it's easier to reference?) had an Eevee or just had one at his House/Team Snagem HQ (Because Wes used to work for team snagem)

Also I honestly don't like Glaceon and Leafeon(and upcoming Sylveon) as much as the original 3. And Orre shows trends of having alot of Pokemon from Hoenn(XD) and Johto(Colosseum)

Example of Johto and Hoenn:
COLOSSEUM: 3 Johto Starters, Quagsire, Misdreavus Ledian, ETC (the most prominant to me)
XD:The Sextoplets' Spheal, Baltoy, Seedot,
Poocheyana, etc (sorry can't think of anymore right now.....)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
I think that would be quite a interesting idea to look back at when Orre was inhabited with Pokemon, although I would like them to focus on a new character and view the region from a different perceptive.

Rather "meh" post is "meh" because I've never played Colosseum or XD, so I don't really have much experience with them.

Back