• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What type of pokemon would you like to see?

Years
What type of pokemon would you like to see in a pokemon fan game? I'm asking this because I'm working on a new pokemon game and its going to have 170 brand new pokemon, I already have 41 pokemon thought up and some of them are name. The ones that I have already done include the starters and the three legendary pokemon.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
If you keep them original and thought out a bit, I think anything will be acceptable. What I would not consider doing is literally making half the 'mons 4 legged dog hybrids or winged creatures, because I think we've all seen "those kinds" already.

If your asking for a design idea, I would love to see something based on a sound amplifier. It would totally be a cool bulky electric type :D

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
If your asking for a design idea, I would love to see something based on a sound amplifier. It would totally be a cool bulky electric type :D

As long as it works well in a double battle alongside Loudred, I'm fine with this.

Take a look at what kinds of environments are in your region, and make Pokémon that would live in those environments. Ruby/Sapphire had a volcano, so we got volcanic Pokémon like Torkoal and Camerupt. Black/White had a big, modern city, so we got some city-dwelling Pokémon like Trubbish and Garbodor. So if your region has, say, a jungle, you'll want stuff like snake Pokémon or parrot Pokémon.

If you're going to include any of the original Pokémon, then think of animals/plants/objects that haven't had Pokémon based around them yet (or you don't like the ones that are), and work with that. For example, a dolphin Pokémon, or a giraffe Pokémon better than Girafarig (no offense to Girafarig fans!).

If your game is only going to have new Pokémon (like Black/White did), you don't really need to do that - since Meowth and Growlithe aren't going to be in a game, people won't complain if you make new cat and dog Pokémon.

Finally, try not to have too many similar Pokémon. Mix up the body types; have a bunch of four-legged mammals, a few insects, some reptiles, some birds, and a couple of humanoids (as well as anything else you can think of). The more variety, the better.

Maybe it would be good to have a Pokémon creation guide for all those games/hacks with fakemon... Any fakemon designers want to help with writing one?

Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I'd like to see a fakedex that's built up naturally rather than to meet some arbitrary quota. Seriously, 170 is a lot- I've been working non my fakes for over a year now and I still only have about 120 concepts I like, and less than half of those have a design I can say is anywhere near finished. If you really wan that many Pokemon, you might want to think about making only some fakemon (including "special" ones like the starters and box legends) and filling in the rest of the 'dex with existing 'mons.

If you're dead set on making that many fakes, though, there's threads on both Serebii and Bulbagarden forums about creatures that haven't been made into Pokemon yet. You might try looking there for some inspiration.

Years
I know what exactly this topic running for. I wanted to see a Pokèmon with a new brand type of.....
Dragon--Poison <<it could be another Hydreigon
Dragon--Bug <<It could be freaky one >_<
Water--Fighting <<This could be cool

I think thats all for today in my mind. :|

Awkward Squirtle

,@,e .ºoO
Years
  • Seen Jan 29, 2016
Water--Fighting <<This could be cool

Damn right.
062Poliwrath.png

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
A common rule for character design in general is for the silhouette to be distinguishable. Pokemon designs tend to get a lot of polarity whenever a new generation rolls over. There's always some Pokemon that one or more parts of the fandom are unhappy with, but that every Pokemon is liked by different kinds of people says something about the wide appeal of a generation as a whole. I guess the take-home message is for there to be variety.

Years
Thank you for all of the suggestions so far. The reason for creating that many new pokemon is because this is a new region that has new pokemon that have never been seen before but all of the other generations will make appearances in the second half of the game.

Back