• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
Something comes to mind there. What if the starters final lines evolved via Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, etc? I mean it's unlikely but I think that'd fit in with a possible DNA theme.

I'm not sure if that would be likely, but I do hope that they evolve by some other means than the traditional 'level-up'. Even if it is increasing their happiness level or bringing them to a specific location, I wish they would change it up for once.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm not sure if that would be likely, but I do hope that they evolve by some other means than the traditional 'level-up'. Even if it is increasing their happiness level or bringing them to a specific location, I wish they would change it up for once.

Specific location... maybe there's like a point, where after beating a certain gym leader your starter could evolve? Maybe it could relate to genetics by having something programmed inside them to evolve after a certain achievement. Idk that might overcomplicate things tho.

Years
  • Seen May 17, 2016
Big fan of all 3, although Chespin looks a bit... busy. It's basically a cross between Petilil (the green bit), Emolga (face) and Sandshrew (lower body). Then again Fennekin is pretty much Zorua mixed with Ninetales, but at least Zorua and Ninetales mix more naturally.

I really like Fennekin and Froakin actually, both nice simple designs done well. Froakin could probably do without the white blobs on his nose though, much like Sylveon could really lose the bow tie, but that's another matter.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Speaking of rivals always having the type that's good against yours, wouldn't it be nice if the rival's pokemon was randomly decided after you picked yours?

I actually wouldn't like that, the rivals always pick the starter that is good against yours because this forces the player to use some strategy, i.e. capture new pokemon that are good against your rival, or learn new moves that are good against your rivals Pokemon. And besides, there's no fun if it's too easy!

Years
  • Age 36
  • Iowa
  • Seen Jun 11, 2013
I'm pretty sure I'll choose Chespin :) It's a little difficult since I like both water & grass types but Chespin interests me more than the other two.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Fennekin reminds me of Ninetails, idk why though xD
Fennekin all the waaaay!

Because they're both foxes :3 imo it looks closer to Vulpix of the two though, and it's probably where Fennekin's evolution will head.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Something comes to mind there. What if the starters final lines evolved via Water Stone, Fire Stone, Leaf Stone, etc? I mean it's unlikely but I think that'd fit in with a possible DNA theme.
I don't know how I would feel if they changed the evolution formula for the starters. Adjusting the levels is one thing, but over complicating it or making it too specific would be an unnecessary change in my opinion. The starters, while considered rare and special, aren't supposed to be these overly complex Pokémon. They're supposed to be, in a sense, basic.

Plus, if current patterns remain, then if one were to evolve their starter too soon with an evolutionary stone, then they may miss out on some pretty important moves learned at their prior stage.

Years
i don't why, but every time i think about how every starter final evolution will, i most of the time see froaki's as a big wise and fat frogs like those in naruto.
i also saw a few fan made froaki's final evolution the same way.
what do you think about it if it will turn out this way?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I guess if it turned out that way I wouldn't be too surprised, although something interesting is if what if Froakie's final evolution is down on all fours, as opposed to be standing, as we'd likely suspect. I mean I'm sure there's frogs like that...?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
On that note though, I do somewhat wonder how believable the evolutions will be, and how we'll get told them. Will we get fan outrage and leaked at the last minute again??

Years
Fennekin, simply because I like foxes. Even though I think the others look slighty better, I hope Fennekin is going to have some awesome evolutions. If they turn out ugly, my second choice would be Chespin.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
See idk about that. given how long we've waited for information NOW, the evolutions could come soon, or at least in a few months before so people have full time to prepare for which one they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back