• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Amazing! 1.6.2 is perfect!

screenshot_zpsb8c94a26.png

Now I'm waiting for your texture tool ;]

Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
screenshot_zps51947404.png

Could you plz tell how you made it look 3 like. And how did change the trees.
I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013

I'm using Pokémon Pearl, to change the camera you have to find in the Map headers the map #411 (from 411 to 417 there are maps of the first town) and to set the camera to 9.

To change the trees you have to export the Tileset 6 from the Map editor tab, then the Tileset editor tab, to open it with MKDS and edit textures and palettes with that tool. Then save and import it again in your rom. The texture you have to change are "conttre_b", "conttre_t" and "tree01". Pay attention to the palette of conttre because these texture have the same palette.

Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Ok thanks 2 more questions. Do you have the download for the trees. And do you know how to add objects to the map likes house and trees.

And spiky how do i add wild pokemon grass to the map??

To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
To add grass, edit the model to include the grass texture over the area you want, and then change the move permissions of that same area to the tall grass byte. The rest is automatic :)

Nice so i am just change movement and a wild pokemon grass appears there??

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

Spoiler:

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
I'm currently working on something you've all been waiting for since this tool was first released, I think: a scripts editor. This is in a very early stage of development, but it works (as a viewer):

Spoiler:

When finished, it will work in a fashion similar to PPRE's, but without the glitches, of course. I'm trying to make a bug-free script editor, with most commands using easy and simple names. Hopefully this will finally allow NDS hacking to take off completely. Thanks for your support :)

Will you show the coordinance/position of the script on the map?

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019

If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

VERGUNDAI

Years
Why is there bitmap error on 3DS Map 8?

Yes improving the event editor who be fascinating, and much easier to use...
I'll wait for that in a later update.

The script editor is so buggy for PPRE right now, so If anyone wants to wait, I preferred wait now for a new script editor. So your rom won't freeze in various positions...
Quote: Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI

If you mean in a way similar to Advance Map's, no, because it's not possible. The scripts work different on the DS, and they are associated to people, furniture, etc via the event editor. But I could try to improve the event editor to be a bit more easy to use.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

VERGUNDAI

Years
Just to let everyone know, as you may recall earlier that I had an issue where I was "unable to save the header data" on the ROMs in SDSME. Well I've found out as to why I was having this problem, and it's very simple... I didn't even click somewhere else on the header table or press enter after changing the value.

Remember... always either press enter or click some other part of the table before you click "Save Header Data" button. If you don't, then the headers won't save after clicking "Save Header Data" button.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to seeing the script editor. It'll be interesting in what anyone would be able to do with it. :)

ahaa...thanks, I remember the way I saved it I triple press save headers option.
Now it will be easier...

Spiky-Eared Pichu

NDS Hacker/Researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2019
Always good to see new improvements ;)
If you need any help (for BW / BW 2 especially) don't hesitate.

Also, i will like to make the french translation of the tool, but i don't know exactly how to edit .dll files, so if you can tell me how i can add the support :)

Thanks! I was going to translate it myself, but you'll make it better. Don't mess around with the .dll files, I'll send you .xml files with all the strings you have to change :)

YORAMRW

8-bit producer & Pokémon GB music hacker
Years

How cool!!! When do you release a beta of your hack?

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years
But it is still cool! I am going to do same things now!

How to edit tileset palettes?
You have to extract a tileset with SDSME, open it with MKDS, edit their textures importing new ones like PNGs (palettes'll be automatic), save the tileset and import it with SDSME.

VERGUNDAI

Years
I'm gonna share you guys something interesting, it's called UVMapper, I found it while playing around with GameMaker 8 Pro.

More inforemation at UVMapper website, this might be able to fix UV better after editing an obj file.

Back