• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
A correction adding onto the post above, from B2/W2 onwards the Everstone method will always pass down the nature of the Pokemon that was holding it.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
Where do they play pokemon?

When i looked up for pokemon natures i saw a lot of threads like ''best nature for gyarados?'' or '' best moveset for charizard?''. And there are lots of comments like '' i could beat that thing with this moveset'' etc etc.

Where do they play this(or these) games? Browser game or something like pokemon diamond, x&y..

Note: I only played crystal, firered, emerald and a couple of mods so i don't know about pokemon online gaming stuff.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 25, 2017
If you wanna play competitive pokemon then the two best simulators are Pokémon Showdown and Pokémon Online. You can create whatever pokemon you want and play against other players. If you're interested in online RPGs than download pokeMMO which is just like Fire red and Leaf Green but there are tons of players roaming around.

Pokémon Diamond, X/Y are official Nintendo games that can be played in DS, 3DS consoles. Diamond can also be played in the Desume emulator.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 12, 2015
Will shuffle be worldwide anytime soon?

Does anyone know when Pokemon Shuffle Mobile be avaialbe in South Africa?

It still says not available in my country on Google Play, and if I download an APK for EU or NA, it just freezes on me.

After the so called "worldwide" launch I enquired but nobody got back to me. (Also if you change the location on the official website to South Africa, it just takes you back to us with a little american flag).

Thanks to any who may have advice for me, cause I've tried every official means I can exhaust.

Years
Any1 know a link for Nameless Sprite Editor Classic or any other decent program for editing overworld sprites? The link here on pokecommunity for Nameless Sprite Editor doesn't seem to be working for me.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 25, 2015
Pokebank error 006 0112 HELP

Guys
i just bought pokebank yesterday and it was fine. But today when i want
to open it again today, everytime i tried save and quit it gave

me error code 006 0112. When I google it everyone said that the i should
change my DNS to googles, but it still not working and i still cant
save and quit from my pokebank.

I want to ask, is this problem come from bank's server or my
connection? Any solution guys? I cant find the answer from google cause
its all old threads from 1-2 years ago :(

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 27, 2015
About mew. Will there be more events to catch mew? Do these events only apply to the newest gen games? (I'm playing gen IV). And lastly, can you "enter" these events from all around the world? (I'm from europe). Thanks ~

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
About mew. Will there be more events to catch mew? Do these events only apply to the newest gen games? (I'm playing gen IV). And lastly, can you "enter" these events from all around the world? (I'm from europe). Thanks ~
Events vary greatly in what they distribute, how they distribute, and where they distribute. They always are only for the most recent generation though, so the event distributions for Gen 4 are long over and there will never be any events for those games again. Sometimes they're restricted to one region (like the Tanabata Jirachis), sometimes they're available worldwide. Sometimes they're available via WiFi, sometimes they require a special code.

So basically there's the possibility of future Mew events, but only for Gen VI games, and we have no idea when they'll do it, what the distribution method will be, or if it'll be worldwide or not.

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
help!!!

i dont know why but i trade some pokemon that ive got and those that ive got in return cant be deposite in gts...
its says that It's a special Pokemon. You cannot trade it
somebosy know why?

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 21, 2024
Pokemon from Events can't be traded like Diancee or Hoopa or put into GTS or Pokemon with looks, items and moves that are not programmed on XY can't be put into GTS (even mega stone can't be held while GTSing)

Years
Poke Transporter active?

I called my gaming store asking about Pokemon Black and the Poke Transporter. I want to transport pokemons like Genesect and Meloetta into pokemon X. There's even a buy in Ambrette's Fossil Lab who mention Genesect.

The guy from the store told me he thought that Poke Transporter had been de-activated as a feature. Is that true? I can't find Genesect on the GTS.

Thanks,

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I called my gaming store asking about Pokemon Black and the Poke Transporter. I want to transport pokemons like Genesect and Meloetta into pokemon X. There's even a buy in Ambrette's Fossil Lab who mention Genesect.

The guy from the store told me he thought that Poke Transporter had been de-activated as a feature. Is that true? I can't find Genesect on the GTS.

Thanks,
It still works. You just need the Bank along with the Transporter in order for it to work. Once you have both (Bank is $5 a year, Transporter is free), you put your Black version into your 3DS and start up the Transporter on the 3DS menu. From there you can transport the stuff in your first PC Box on Black (and only the stuff in the first box) to a special box in the Pokemon Bank. Once that's complete, exit the Transporter, switch Black with X, and then go to the Bank on the 3DS menu. Move the Pokemon you transported from Black into one of the PC boxes on your X, and then Save, and now your Pokemon from Black will be on your X version.

Years
Making further searches, I found out that pokemon like Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeon were only given in special Nintendo event, they were pretty much Hoopa: not available for the wide public.

So 2nd question: If I would want these rares pokemon in gen VI (Just for the fun of trying them), I would actually need to hack my black copy, get the rare pokemons, use the Transporter and pokebank then transfer it into ORAS or XY.

Would that work?

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Making further searches, I found out that pokemon like Genesect, Meloetta and Keldeon were only given in special Nintendo event, they were pretty much Hoopa: not available for the wide public.

So 2nd question: If I would want these rares pokemon in gen VI (Just for the fun of trying them), I would actually need to hack my black copy, get the rare pokemons, use the Transporter and pokebank then transfer it into ORAS or XY.

Would that work?

Yes hose are only pokemon, but why hack your game? You can ask for them in the quick trade section.

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
As my question spans multiple generations I'm posting here, feel free to move it though :)

I'll make this as short as I can, but I can gladly give more details on request.
All of my 3rd gen and 4th gen games are authentic.
None have ever had the cartridge opened, any hacking/AR/tampering or had the battery replaced in any.

During massive trading between Firered and Emerald (like probably over 300 trades, most all at once) to fill out my Pokedex on each game, during trading my Firered started giving me the message "Save file is corrupted, the last save will be loaded". I stoped using FR at all so my Pokemon would not be deleted somehow.

My main concern is getting the Pokemon off the now currupted cartridge safely without harming another game. I have every Kanto & Johto Pokemon to get off the cart, and want to transfer them to 4th gen.
At worst I'd like to get atleast my team and a few others from the cart if I can't get all of them.

Will transfering them right to a 4th gen game through Pal Park corrupt the DS game somehow? Or, if trading them from the currupt GBA game to another GBA game first make it safe to bring them into a DS game?

Thank you so much for any replies, I'm really lost at what to do and just don't want to lose all my Kanto Pokemon :(

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Sd Card Problems - Have I lost my Pokémon saves

I loaded up my 3DS today to do some Shiny Hunting and I got the message:

'Cannot display the software on the SD Card. The software could not be accessed.'

Going into settings it tells me the Software Management has been corrupted somehow.

Neither Pokemon game will load up because the SD Card cannot be read. Can I just buy a new SD Card and be good to go or have I lost my saves?

I have 500 hours between my X and Alpha Sapphire cartridges including a completed Pokedex (Which I am unlikely to do Again) in X and numerous Shiny Pokémon on both cartridges which I do not have clones of so if they are gone, they are gone. :(

As I have Physical cartridges I imagine the save data would be on the cartridges themselves but with the insistence of having a working Sd Card to even play Pokemon games I am not sure. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back