• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
Hiya there! Love Pokemon and I consider myself a shiny hunter. My goal; complete the entire generation 4 pokedex with shiny Pokemon. I haven't gotten that far yet though... but I'm dedicated! At this very moment I'm trying to nail a shiny bulbasaur in Leaf-green. May I join?

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
Years
  • Seen Mar 18, 2021
MM means Masuda Method, meaning that you breed a Non-English Poke thats NOT from your game with a Poke that IS from your game, giving you better chances of hatching a shiny

Alright, thanks! I might shift my first target to a Totodile. I will use the Masuda Method, cuz I managed to get a Japanese Totodile from my HeartGold Version. Wish me luck!

Emilia1234

Relapsed
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2013
Does MM work with any combination of countries? I've been breeding my American Eevee with my British Ditto.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Welcome to the club, ShinyKid00, Emilia, and CrowSvenson!

Does MM work with any combination of countries? I've been breeding my American Eevee with my British Ditto.

No, it has to be two different languages, so American + British won't work.

Years
Hi everyone, I'm Ceece. (Ceecee-typhlosion on other forums, so some of you may know me)

My 1/8192 shinies are
Swampert approx. 30 SR
Voltorb RE
Quilava 181 x 3
Rayquaza approx. 7700 SR
Chikorita 505 x3 SR
Totodile 5179 x 3 SR
Chikorita 6118 x 3 SR
Petilil 4559 RE
Cyndaquil 2645 x3 SR

My current targets are:
Shroomish - Petalburg Woods 1800 RE + 3301 MM eggs.
Abra - 4113 + 3184 (changed versions)
Route 32 - 2200 RE - Hoping for Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim lost shinies from G/S/C
Torchic - 5830 SR

On Hold:
Ho-Oh - 1180

Feel free to give estimates of how long you think it will take me to get my hunts :P

imevil

Biggest Scyther Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 5, 2016
Been A while since I updated but heres all the shiny's I've found,
Zigzagoon (Emerald)
Pidgeotto (Pokemon Legend of Guardians)
Rattata (Heart Gold)

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Hi there!
I'm new to the forums and was interested in joining this club! :)
I've been an avid pokemon fan since I was a little girl, now 25 and still kicking. Haha. I mostly play White 2 right now but I also sometimes stream speed runs of older games and I'm interested in streaming some challenges/races at some point.
I've always loved finding shinies, but I never really considered hunting them before and now that I've done all the content in my white 2, I'd like to try to pick it up in preparation for X and Y! The only shinies I've found without them being automatic in the game are ghastly and ditto in Pokemon Pearl and flaafy (now ampharos) in Pokemon HeartGold.
I have this weird goal of having an all purple team since it's my favorite color so I think my first shiny goal will be a vaporeon. :X

G-Money

Polychromatic Iridescence
Years
My current targets are:
Shroomish - Petalburg Woods 1800 RE + 3301 MM eggs.
Abra - 4113 + 3184 (changed versions)
Route 32 - 2200 RE - Hoping for Rattata or Bellsprout to reclaim lost shinies from G/S/C
Torchic - 5830 SR

On Hold:
Ho-Oh - 1180

Feel free to give estimates of how long you think it will take me to get my hunts :P

Welcome to the club, Ceecee! I remember you from SHU. :)

Estimates:

Shroomish: 1
Abra: 895
Route 32: 5992
Torchic: 2362
Ho-oh: 7012

Those are really boring answers on my part, haha. :cer_laugh:

Been A while since I updated but heres all the shiny's I've found,
Zigzagoon (Emerald)
Pidgeotto (Pokemon Legend of Guardians)
Rattata (Heart Gold)

Congrats!

Hi there!
I'm new to the forums and was interested in joining this club! :)

Welcome to the club, Kitori! Good luck on your Vaporeon - having a team of all purple Pokemon (or better yet, all purple shinies!) would be totally awesome!

Years
So after filling up 7 boxes, I had almost filled up the 8th, when the very last egg hatched, and:

Then a green sandshrew hatched! She's jolly nature, capable of taking hits and named Squirrel.

So yay I have a shiny sandshrew (Merry Christmas AlexOzzyCake!) yand my first hunt by MM is complete! yay :D

Not sure what I'll go for next, but probably another MM hunt as I enjoyed this one! :D

CrowSvenson

DarkTrainer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 24, 2016
12,987 soft resets and no shiny Bulbasaur. BUT hunting a shiny Kecleon does sound like sweet mercy compared to this!

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I've gotten addicted to growing berries in Sapphire again, so I was using the pick up ability in LeafGreen to find the rare berries when I stumbled upon this!

shinypidgey.png

I caught it at full health on my first Pokeball too! Jolly nature makes me happy for Pidgey. Called it Hawkeye despite it being a female. XD I guess now I'll hunt for rare berries in Viridian Forest and hopefully find a shiny there too. : ) This is my first shiny since my data corrupted in Sapphire and I lost my shiny Blaziken and Machamp.

EDIT: I infected it with my legit third gen Pokerus I got on Sapphire, and EV trained it. Rather than have it be a straight up sweeper, I balanced him out a bit.
252 EVs in Speed
80 EVs in Defense
80 EVs in Special Defense
and 92 EVs in Attack

I've always been nostalgic for Pidgeot, so this is probably the happiest I've ever been about finding a shiny. The fantasy of flying on the back of a sparkling Pidgeot has always been an appealing one, so this is about as close as I'll ever get to that.
hawkeyen.png

Last edited:
Years
@ PekoponTAS ~Congratz on your beautiful shiny pidgeot. Wish you many joyful rides on your bird

@drewbie411~ welcome to the club and good luck for your muccino.

@GoLurkisDaBomb~congratz on your sandshrew. I feel your pain on egg hatching for a shiny. Currently working on a vulpix and so far nothing. Have about 5 boxes full, going to be releasing them and filling up another batch.

@kitori ~ welcome to the club ^-^ some suggestions for your purple team, Miensho, sharpedo, moltres, dragonair, honchkrow, and marshtomp :P. You stream older games on youtube?

@Ceecee_101 Welcome to this club :P.

Estimates:

Shroomish: 450 eggs
Abra: 18,905 ( Not sure what the encounter rate on that route is. so probably 18,000 RE.)
Route 32: 3000
Torchic: 6540
Ho-oh: 12,700 only ( took me what seemed an enternity to get mine, but well worth it ^-^)

Today I got a suprise shiny after eve training on some drowzees on Rte. 34, will post pictures when i find my cord :D.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Just felt like seeing what's been going on in the club. Welcome to the new members who joined, and congrats to PekoponTAS on shiny Pidgeot, GolurkIsDaBomb on Sandshrew and nizare18 on his secret shiny (wanna know what it is!). Hopefully I get lucky like you guys soon! I haven't found any shinies yet, but I did start a new hunt today in HG for shiny Eevee. Here are the current numbers:

Dratini - 2855 SRs (SS)
Piplup - 0 SRs (Platinum)
Eevee - 25 SRs (HG)

I'm really hoping my HG Eevee shines quickly, the one I got in SS took over 9000 SRs so I would hope this one doesn't take nearly as long. Also hope to evolve it into Umbreon, it's my favorite eeveelution and the one I wanted the first time around.. but I chose to evolve it into Espeon because it would be better suited for a Timid nature. On top of that, it was female. Now I have my second chance and I'm going for Umbreon again, but I'll evolve Eevee depending on the nature since there are so many options. If it's a neutral nature I might not even evolve it so who knows. I'm gonna put Piplup to the side to hunt casually, I reset the game yet again because the SRs are just way too long and I get frustrated. Professor Rowan running his mouth, Dawn always claiming how she needs to pass when I'm clearly not even in her way... like come on now. But I really want the Piplup so I can finally play in Sinnoh for the first time, so I'll slow grind for it while focusing on the faster hunts.

Good luck to everyone! *

Years
Hi there all, I've been playing since R/S/E and have always been fascinated by shiny pokemon. I like to chain pokémon mostly, although i do have a few RE shiny's. Anyways, i am an on and off player, recently ive chained a lot and caught over 20 shiny's in 2 weeks. My goal is to get my first SR shiny by the end of March, which is a drifloon. My other goal is to succesfully chain a dual slot only pokémon, which are vulpix and shuckle. I havent had much success for three days though, i had a chain of 40 ponyta and my first shiny patch after 89 max repels was on the edge, and i stupidly went to it and it broke. Every chain since has broke into the high twenties or thirties. I am interested in joining this club because i think hunting with a lot of people is more fun than by yourself, and it is uplifting to hear other people's success stories while contributing your own. I wish everybody luck in their current hunts.

EDIT:

Drifloon - 752 Soft Resets
Vulpix - Chain breaks at 29 and 36

I hope my drifloon shines soon. I'm dual sring to make it go by faster. I'm hoping to get one before i hit 4000 resets, but you never know :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2013
Spoiler:

well, ive returned. I've been hunting in so many places in so many games, i cant tell you how many encounters ive done. But here, ive been wanting an Onix for ages, and you really cant get one at a low level unless you go to Rock Tunnel. So that's where ive been for a while. This guy finally shows, im disappointed. ah well. I'll catch it and continue hunting here

Congrats to all other shinies since my last post

Back