• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Foreshadows of Hoenn [IC]

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Zepheros
Lavaridge

Zeph watched as Galeno nodded back with his reply, letting out a rather typical yet sensible answer. "The humans. Those ones are the parasites we need to remove from Hoenn, if you ask me."

Maybe Galeno is smarter than I expected. At least he makes sense, unlike Trev, he thought with his eyes full of concern (though only for a couple of seconds). Then, the Staraptor turned to the Galeno, looking at him eye to eye...now that the electric type had sparked up his interest. As usual, Zeph's eyes softened a little while listening to what he had to say. It seemed that at first the Staraptor would be quite ntimidating, but upon hearing something interesting or meaningful, he would listen in a more warm-hearted fashion.

"Your answer makes sense," Zepheros started with a barely-visible grin. "This region used to be exclusive to Pokemon. We need to make them look like outcasts, not new dictators of the land."

The bird, however, had a spark of complexity and wisdom behind his sharp, crimson eyes. "But there's more than just fighting humans head on. Battling against them will only weaken our forces, and more importantly we have no idea how powerful they are. If we lose, then it's over for our tribe. If we win, we will still be weakened and Ruber has a high chance of defeating us. On the other hand..."

Zeph then gazed at the skies, looking at the direction where the Ruber tribelands stood miles away from his vicinity, safe from harm and potential threats. "If we fight Ruber or co-operate with the Humans in attempt to defeat them, that would also be dangerous. By co-operating with them, they will know more about Hoenn's landscape - one of our strongest advantages. Also, once Ruber's gone, there's no doubt that the Human Republic would launch a full scale attack on us as well."

Turning back to Galeno, he silently apologized for ranting on like that, but continued with his conclusion, not knowing that the others could eavesdrop on him. "I don't know much about this meeting. Not yet. We will probably head towards the cities that are closer to the borders...to prepare, I assume. Either way, it's not wise for us to make the first move. We might be mainly composed of rock and steel types, but we shouldn't just use our heads for bashing through walls.'

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
Years
Ani181MS.png
Galeno - Lavaridge Town
Galeno followed Zeph's eyes when he turned his gaze towards the skies, turning south south-west. He knew he was thinking of the Ruber tribe. Galeno agreed with Zeph's ponderings. Caerulus would be in for trouble if they were going to be the initiatiors of aggression. They'd end up either too weak to fight Ruber once the humans were gone, or too weak to fight the humans once Ruber was taken care of. Either way, everyone was going to lose. When the rich wage war, the poor die.

The Staraptor's gaze of concern was rightly unexpected to Galeno. Zeph had a reputation to be a bit nonchalant, a cool and calculating personality, but he became uncannily real for a few seconds. Another aeroplane dashed overhead. The paranoia-inducing screeches of contraptions flying above them, spying on them or whatever it was that they were doing. Galeno was scared that any moment, they'd just bomb the town to smithereens, and every damn pokémon: women, children, didn't matter, their lives were worthless to them anyway. When the two gazed in the same direction, the plane threaded through the clouds. A glimmering metal bird, like a skarmory, in which those humans defied the laws of gravity.

"Working with the humans is a death sentence. No matter what," Galeno said, "They declared war on us. All of us. They would rather skin us alive than help us, I reckon. So it goes." he gestured towards the plane. "I bet they won't have any reservations about massacring defenceless civilians either." He mustered a vindictive expression towards the flying machine, and the orbs on his tail and on his forehead grew brighter the more impassionated he became. He watched the plane disappear into the distance, becoming but a small grey dot in the sky with a trail of white puffs ejecting from its backside, marking exactly where the thing was heading. "Old Adam's had it coming for him when he let them trot into our backyards and take Slateport," Galeno said and he shook his head. One thing he hated that Zeph was right about was that fighting against the humans would weaken Caerulus in an eventual battle against Ruber. Of course, Aecor and Adamantius still could not see eye to eye and their efforts to renumerate the sacrifices of his father's generation only faltered under false promises and the hush hush efforts of the elite about the lack of progress in making any of that Groudon giving the pokémon their rightful land from the damn fishies in the sea thing come true. "You don't believe in any of that Groudon-Kyogre prophecy crud either, right? I mean, that it was necessary to fight a war over it," He asked Zeph, lowering his voice to a whisper. It was heathenish to publically speak out against something like that so he wanted to be cautious.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Penance and Alicia
Mossdeep

Blue... it was a lovely color to the Golduck. Granted his body was a sleek blue tone, but it was the color of the ocean, the color of the sky even! He always enjoyed the deep shades of blue that the ocean could be. In fact this was the best way he enjoyed spending his time, just sitting on the beach and listening to the waves with a friend. Penance looked over at the Gardevoir and smiled, "So, I was thinking... what if a small group of water types could act as carriers? We have some pokemon like Lapras and what not; surely it could mean you would be able to stay with me wherever I went. Lapras are very fast, though would you be comfortable with it? I wouldn't want to put you in an element that causes you to tense up too much, that could be dangerous as well."

Alicia sat staring out over the ocean's gently rippling waves, her hands in the sand by her sides. She seemed lost in thought for just a few moments before blinking gently, turning her head to look to the Golduck by her side below a fringe of her green, silky hair. "Oh... sorry, I was just thinking. I suppose it could work. It's really the only viable way for me to travel by sea at all. I'm just not sure about... you know, riding on another Pokémon like that. Teleporting you and myself is one thing, but standing or sitting on top of another..." She trailed off and gave a little shrug, turning her gaze to one of the pebbles scattered around the sand. Her eyes glowed a faint purple as one of the pebbles lifted up and was sent skidding across the water's surface.

Penance smiled as Alicia casually used her psychic powers to toss the pebble. "But it would also be a feasible means for me to keep a good eye on you. And it would really help to justify you on the battlefield. You're a powerful psychic so any small help would be... well... helpful." He looked out at the ocean once more as a small wave hit against the shoreline. "I fear once this war with those newcomers gets really going then we'll be apart more than I would like. Sure there would be times where we are given breaks, no doubt, but at the same time it's going to be working all day. With those Caerulus pokemon rubbing on one side of us, and those... creatures rubbing on the other side I am very sure we will all be deep in work." He sighed, "Still, those creatures... humans right? I still don't see why we can't just swim over and kill them all. I'm sure we can get a few of the troops rounded together, hit them from the sea, maybe even destroy that settlement of theirs. If they have no place to live they have to leave right?"

"Mmh..." Alicia murred out, her eyes on the pebble still continuing to skid away on the waves until it was lost from sight. Her brows furrowed slightly as she tossed her head gently to the side, moving a lock of green hair away from her face, turning her head back to look at Penance. "I'm not sure. From the rumors I've heard, they apparently have some powerful weapons, said to kill unarmored Pokémon in nearly an instant." She then pauses, looking a little thoughtful before focusing again. "You did hear the announcement a short while ago, right? There's supposedly a meeting going to be happening between our tribe and Caerulus. I think they want to make some kind of... truce, to deal with the humans. I'm... not sure how well it's going to go down, or if it's even a good idea at all. Even if I want our tribes to just... handle each to our own, I'm not sure if either of us can take on the other tribe -and- the humans." She turns her gaze skywards, taking a deep breath of air. "I think I should go with them to the meeting. In case they need a medic." Her voice let it be known that she had already decided, but she also made it clear that she was hoping he would offer to come with them.

Penance nodded slowly at her words. In a way they made sense, the two tribes were far from allies. In fact, to Penance's ears it sounded like the Caerulus tribe would try to ambush them at this so called 'meeting'. If one thought about it, it made much more sense. All of their important leaders and planners would be going. It would be so easy for those Caleruluians to just grab some of their strongest soldiers, have a few of their own great the diplomats and then start reigning down fire and rocks upon them. There was a type advantage on their side of course... but there was all the advantage of surprise as well. "Alicia... I fear this is a trap. I must say that now. All of the important pokemon are going to it... what's to stop them from simply laying waste to the important pokemon in our ranks and ending the hatred here and now by hunting us down?" He closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh salty air. "I can't stop you from going, I know that, but I think I have to at least raise that possibility with the others. We need to make a few plans... some counters just in case I am right. I wish not to be right... but if I end up being right then I want the least amount of causalities we can afford."

"I understand." She paused for a few moments, her fingers trailing softly through the sand, burrowing into it and pulling out again, enjoying the feel of it, and of the sound of the splashing waves. "But don't you think they're thinking the same? I know this might very well be a trap. And I really don't think we'd be able to work together with them, even if we have to... but we have to try. I'm afraid of what the humans will be able to do if we just wall ourselves up in the sea and on our islands." She lowered her gaze from the sky to look over to her friend again, concern easily readable in her expression. "I'm fairly sure we'll have a couple plans at the ready, but you should definitely go and offer your advice to it. You're an amazing tactician, Pen', it'd only help them. And... well, I'd feel more at ease with you there as well." She admitted the last with a light smile on her lips, raising an elegant arm to let her hand gently tap his bill in a playfully friendly manner.

Penance chuckled at that and patted her softly on her shoulder, "Alicia, you are an amazing psychic. Yes, we will need all the help we can get. Besides, I have to be there to see if my plans are able to work correctly right?" He smiled at her, "I ask you not to worry my friend. We go in ready for anything. With you by my side anything is possible." He glanced about and nodded. "Yeah, we'll come out on this war on top, I'll make sure of it. Now, we should head back to the others and get ready. It'll be quite a trip to the meeting place and we should pack lightly. We'll go over some plans before of course. No need to have those stupid fire types be dominant while we are there right?" He asked with a soft chuckle. He stood up and stretched his body. "This will be quite the meeting though. I am never one to miss action."

Alicia nodded, watching as Penance stood up and stretched out before following along, standing up and brushing herself down with long, elegant movements. "I hope you're right. About coming out on top. And you have to keep in mind that there are more than just fire types in the other tribe. Just something to consider during your planning." She gave a little smirk as she turned and stepped past him, heading towards the square where the others were preparing to head off, casually saying over her shoulder; "Not that I'd ever doubt you or your plans."

Penance just chuckled at her comment, "I'll make do, don't worry Alicia." He called after her. The Golduck followed after his friend, and went to where he knew he would be needed. Aecor was a logical thinker and hopefully would be in the mood to hear his words. The crowd was in a good mood at the moment and Penance was able to spot Aecor through the pokemon and made a bee-line to him. The Golduck bowed his head before the Kingdra. "Aecor... if I may have a moment of your time before we depart. Things must be discussed sir. Important things if you will." He made sure to emphasize that last part. They could not go in empty handed and he didn't want to stir up the crowd too much. Aecor had a way with words... Penance didn't. He just talked about what he thought could happen which would more often then not scare the soldiers and rustle some feathers... but now something had to be said. He didn't enjoy destroying Aecor's good mood... and while both tribes were at peace there was still hatred there that had to be addressed. It was for the good of his tribe.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Zepheros
Lavaridge

Indeed, Zeph's eyes of concern were quite a rare and valuable sight. After all, the bird had often cloaked himself with a veil of mystery and nonchalance, making it almost impossible to see the softer bit inside him. In Zepheros' opinion, doing so was rather necessary. Other than creating a stronger, more threatening impression of himself, it would also avoid unnecessary drama regarding emotions and psychological matters...though sometimes, just sometimes, Zeph wouldn't mind letting it slip. What harm could be done anyway?

More uninteresting planes traveled across the sky, leaving a white trail behind them as if they were trying to mark the Pokemon-infested territory with smoke. Bold acts, Zeph had to admit, a little too bold. If they're trying to scare the innocent, then they've done an excellent job...

"Working with the humans is a death sentence. No matter what," Galeno said, "They declared war on us. All of us. They would rather skin us alive than help us, I reckon. So it goes."

"Living under pressure like this is not going to work in the long run. Though I agree with you, something has to be negotiated between us Pokemon and the infiltrating scum that's knocking on our region's door," Zeph growled under his breath. "Adam...he's not all wrong though. If we fought them when they invaded Slateport, the same outcome would occur - we would either lose or be overpowered by Ruber or perhaps even the Humans later on. He's been avoiding fights, and even though I hate to admit this, he's not making the wrong decision. It's just that we need to play our cards right and stay safe. We can't afford to lose half a city, let alone the entire tribe."

Galeno's voice then turned into a small whisper. "You don't believe in any of that Groudon-Kyogre prophecy crud either, right? I mean, that it was necessary to fight a war over it."

Zeph thought for a moment, closing his eyes before landing his gaze onto Galeno once more. "Hm. The Groudon-Kyogre incident's been there for ages...i'd buy it to a certain degree. We need morale. Fighting for the land god is a good way to increase it. Furthermore, I'm staying neutral about this matter. There are citizens that believe in this prophecy, and there are definitely some that don't. What I'm saying is that by staying in the gray zone, I can make sure that both sides are still satisfied. Look at Adam. Some people don't like him not only because he's stubborn - he's disliked because a number of tribe members disagree with his 'bullcrap'. Best way is to stay in the middle. Balance always plays an important factor..."

A sudden question popped up in this mind, allowing him to change topics relatively quickly. "What do you think of...Trev? Is he trying to be leader? What are your thoughts, Galeno?" He hoped that Galeno was getting the message - Zeph wanted change...

And he also wanted to be leader.

EGKangaroo

Years
Ani181MS.png
Galeno - Lavaridge Town
The Ampharos grunted. He folded his arms, like an automatic subtle defence mechanism to the counter-argument of the bird and his eyes just pointing towards the top corner away from the Staraptor. The aeroplane washed out of existence, and the jet trail dissolved, the artificial cloud spread over a larger and larger surface and became thinner and thinner. He figured that anyone who had the means to follow the trail would bounce upon Slateport, and be met with a hail of bullets from the humans: projectiles that flew faster than the speed of sound, and made deeper lacerations than the strongest drill peck.

Farran always told Galeno that the Groudon-Kyogre story was a mere excuse for the ulterior motives of Aecor and Adamantius to convert their pawns. It was easy to change the colour of the grey pieces, but once who is white and who is black was determined, getting them to unite under a common banner against a bigger third player was going to be difficult, especially to keep them under a unified banner after the colonialists' threat was removed, and then finding out white suffered the most losses. The damn aristocracy was at fault, and the bloodshed of the Great War covered the war of the classes. The former was a tragedy, but the latter was outright malicious manipulation, and now that the humans arrived to profit off of the lands, weakened by a schism running through its centre, they fell into their own traps, and of course it were the common folks who suffered. And what a clever rouse it was until that moment. They were the geniuses after all to instigate killings of religious fervour, after all. When the rich wage war...

"Trev?" Galeno shifted his eyes to a different corner of his sockets and shrugged, "He means well, sorta. But surely he's not to actually take charge, without Adamantius I mean. He's more one to direct the leader than to put himself in the lone top position." Galeno thought of Trev as being too vulnerable to run himself into a figurehead status, with no one to peel at above him. That's what he was good at. Peeling away at the above guys, not stamping down on the ones below him. "More like a housewife than a father, if you ask me," he gave a snide addendum to it, holding a smug smirk on his face and stifling a cackle. His elated expression died out again, and he slacked a sigh when he gazed at the sky. Well, the jet trail had dissipiated by now, the metal bird was probaby perched in one of those aerofields by now, along with the rest of the machines that were going to mean hell to him if the silence before the storm got broken. "And who knows, Zeph. Maybe what was the extreme becomes the new grey zone if we work for it," Galeno said, "I just don't want to believe that a bunch of doodles on a wall in a cave are the only things that could give us a purpose. There must be something else we can feel sincere to fight for, right?"

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Sigil Casus
Military Storage Closet
Slateport City
Sigil breaths slowly as he looks at his Dusclops disguise. He'd never actually needed to use it before, usually having used a Mismagious costume when dealing with ghost types instead. The pants were large and baggy and required a fat suit to wear effectively. He hated the fat suit, it hurt him when he wore it for extended periods of time, and had nearly suffacated him once. He dared not to ever speak of that halloween party again.
As he slipped into it he felt himself heave under the sudden weight. "Stupid thing." He muttered, sliding his arms into the sockets. As he stood up he looked to the rest of the costume. Sighing, he put on the tight grey pants, put on the shirt with the glowing red eye over frills resembling the ghost's mouth. It would restrict his arms and make his hands look larger than they really are. He sighed as he began putting on gloves to assist in that further. He flips up the one-way hood that let him see outside the costume. As he looks around the storage room he mumbles to himself, zipping up the front of the shirt.
Stepping up to a mirror, slowly, he looks himself over. He smiles to himself. It'd been a long time since he wore it, but he could fool anyone who wasn't looking for him. A few walks about to get the feeling of it once more and he would be ready to enter the fray.

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
Years
282MS.png
Alicia - Mossdeep City

Before reaching the square, Alicia realized that she wouldn't be able to do much good on the field without her medicinal herbs and other goods. "Go on without me, I'll be there soon!" She called out to Penance, as he continued on to meet with Aecor. Alicia had never really formed any opinions on the leader of the Ruber tribe, other than the fact that he was wise and only wanted the best for his people. Good qualities for a leader, all in all, and she had been rather happy during her, granted, rather short time with the Ruber tribe.

She continued through the town, always enjoying the soft breeze blowing through the streets from either south or west, due to the rather tall hillside on the eastern part of the island, and the smaller hills off to the north. Alicia lived in a small home to the south, only a few minutes away from the beach, giving her a rather nice view. Outside of her wooden, small, but cozy hut, she has a square area with a tiny fence around it, where she grows her herbs. Mushrooms, small bushes, stalks, flowers and berries, all at the ready for her to create salves, antidotes and the likes of.

Reaching her little hut, she began by heading inside in the small home she had helped build when she first arrived here, heading straight to the small table in the living room-area, where she picked up her emerald-green, woven satchel, swinging it over her head and letting it rest by her hip, slung across her shoulder. Patting the little pack, she heads outside again, bending down next to her herb patch and using a small pair of scissors within the satchel to grasp a couple leaves, a few berries and a pair of roots, packing all of this away before getting up and heading towards the square once again, satisfied.

As she entered the town square, it was bustling with Pokémon preparing either for some of them to head off to the meeting, and the rest of them to take care of things while they were gone. Alicia noticed Penance being busy speaking to Aecor, so she simply headed off to the side, helping some of the others preparing for the trip. She'd speak to Aecor, or Kip, as soon as she noticed one of them being free.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Lt. Damien Pierce
Steelport City - Route 110 area

Damien observed as the other man to join the mission walked up. Damien gave him a quick one over and noticed he was a sniper. That figured. Seemed he always got paired up with snipers... Oh well, at least he wouldn't feel out of place. Damien watched the sniper look him over as well. Damien looked at the man's rifle. "Can that even shoot straight?" He thought to himself. The man started talking...

"Well I'm here… if you want my assistance. Name is Jacob King, bored mercenary for hire. Going for a enthusiastic walk through the forest sounded better than being put to sleep by my future employer. I dislike self promoting inspirational speeches that are usually given when people are given fancy new titles."

Damien agreed with the part about speeches. He didn't enjoy them much either. They were boring and don't make you better in any way, therefore they are a waste of time. The time used to give the speech could be better used to train all of these rookie soldiers who look like they've never held a gun before in there life.

He snapped back to reality when he heard Jacob start talking to him. "Why do I get a feeling you would prefer our enthusiastic nature walk to involve lots of killing poor little woodland creatures?" Damien was about to say something back, but the Comms officer cut him off quite rudely...

Hey, Hey!" He said, snapping his fingers like an idiot "Talk for later, concentrate on our mission first." Well someone was pissy... He let the man continue. "Okay, first of all, I don't think we're going to need the big shiny guns you both are carrying, It's just a simple scouting mission to map the route from Slateport to the next city north of here. Damien got a big smirk across his face as he tried to stop himself from laughing. His face turned bright red. We were at war, an attack could happen at any second. Plus, he never went anywhere without a gun. It was one of the downsides to being a soldier for so long...

"This here," He pointed at another officer standing right beside him, "is Clarke, and he's going to be accompanying us in the mission, that makes this a four man team. I'll give you guys 30 minutes to pack up and meet me at the northern exit of the city." Nicolas just walked off after he finished talking.

Damien was already packed... unless the mission was going to be a long one. It didn't matter now that he thought about it, the extra equipment would just slow him down...

The other officer started talking after he spat on the ground and almost hit Damien's boot.

"Hey! Watch it." Damien said to Clarke in an annoyed tone.

"Ya know," He said, chewing, "Ya guys are better off not trusting that fellow there. They say he ain't as loyal as Grahams thought he was. Words around that he goes wherever there is power... But that's just silly talk. After all, he must have something that Grahams saw. And I don' think that young lad would betray us humans to join Pokemon, eh?"

"Alright Clarke, I'll keep that in mind. I'm gonna go get my stuff now... See you at the rally." Damien said as he walked towards the road again and flagged down a troop transport. He hopped in the back with the rest of the troops. They all dropped there conversation immediately and stared at him, making him slightly uncomfortable. He sat down next to a Private.

"Were you guys heading out to?" Damien asked, trying to break the silence.

"Sir. We are on our way out to the front, sir." A nervous Sergeant replied.

Damien laughed a little. "You guys don't need all the formalities, I'm not like that." All the men in the truck lowered their shoulders and relaxed a little.

"You guys don't look like you got any fun toys to play with, here sarge, have some frags." He said, he tossed his M-67 grenades at the sergeant, he had plenty more back at his tent anyways.

"T-thank you, sir. These will really help out..." The sergeant said back, still nervous.

"Think nothing of it..." Damien paused and look out the back of the truck, "Welp, this is my stop... Good luck on the front boys, make the HR proud." Damien jumped out the back of the truck while it was still going. The truck wasn't going that fast anyways. He gave a wave to the men in the truck and headed to his tent.

It took him about 5 minutes to get there. He loaded up his ruck with a few goodies and grabbed some more grenades. He also threw some more Flashbangs in his bag, just in case. Some extra clips for his pistol and Rifle, something a little more fun to eat (a can of spaghetti-Os) and some extra batteries, those little circle ones you can never seem to find anywhere, for the Tac-Light on his pistol.

He was set then, ready to operate. He pushed the flap to the tent out of the way and walked back out into the sunlight. He could hear the swearing in of the new general from his tent, he payed it no attention. Instead he headed back to the road again. He really loved being a LT in a bustling military camp, all he had to do was wave a vehicle and he had a ride anywhere. Though he probably wouldn't ask the vehicle to go to far off it's planned route.

He got to the road after another five minutes of walking and got another troop truck to pull over. Looked like it had already dropped off the soldiers, the back was completely empty.

"Hey. Where ya need a ride to. I'm not doing anything anyways."

"I need a ride to the city's north exit, if that's not too far out of your way..."

"No problem man. Hop in the back."

"Thanks." Damien hopped in the back of the truck.

As it was driving along he spotted that sniper again, Jacob was his name he believed. He knocked on the window in between the cab and back and asked the driver to stop for a minute. He walked to the back of the truck and held out his gloved hand.

"Hey Jacob, need a ride? Express to the meeting point."

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Zepheros
Lavaridge

Zeph raised an eyebrow when Galeno crossed his arms, letting out a huff himself. He knew what the Ampharos was thinking - this entire Groudon/Kyogre incident was merely created to unite the citizens under the tribes' banners. While it was partly the case, the Staraptor did agree that there's something out there, unreachable, untouchable...Groudon exists. It's just that, in Zeph's point of view, the tribes-people had to fight for themselves, for the glory of this legendary figure instead of waiting for its future arrival. Waiting would do nobody good - the war is in their hands, not mythical creatures.

In reply to Galeno's comment regarding the annoying Blaziken, Zepheros tilted his head to the side, dazzled by his words. However, the Staraptor couldn't help hiding a grin upon hearing the joke. "Hm, who knows? He seems to be the ambitious type, and if there's one thing I've learned in this war, it's that you can't judge a book by its cover. I don't like that Trev, and I surely hope that he won't be the successor of Adam's position." Zeph then halted for a second, sealing himself in deep thought. Do I not like him because of his attitude and ideals, or because I want to compete against him as well?

Galeno interrupted his train of thought though, by letting out a thought-provoking statement. "I just don't want to believe that a bunch of doodles on a wall in a cave are the only things that could give us a purpose. There must be something else we can feel sincere to fight for, right?"

The glimmer of intelligence reappeared in his pupils, but stayed no longer for five seconds. The bird Pokemon then asked in a serious, flat tone. "If there are three things you would fight for, what would they be, Galeno?"

Meanwhile, his young Rufflet 'apprentice' was nowhere to be seen. Where was he?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
near MossDeep City

Shadow and his team were practicing, running a variety of different training sessions as they were scheduled. Shadow spared with a Samurott by the name of Jason, his team name was Swordsman. some other members spared with each other, a Seismitoad called Quake, and a Blastoise called Juggernaut, a Delibird called SilverWind and an Absol called Disaster were all sparing with each other. Just then a Vaporeon approached the team.

"Excuse me," she yelled out for all to hear, The team stopped their practicing and walked over to the Vaporeon,

"what's up?" Shadow asked, speaking for the rest of his team.

"Your team is called to meet with the Rest of the Tribe. Aecor made a call for all to meet with him."

"alright looks like our sparing session ends early... Team Let's go!" Shadow called out as he and his team quickly grabbed their gear and headed into the City towards the main square.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob was walking along when something on the hard cement surface in front of him caught his eye. Looking at it as he walked toward it, Jacob quickly identified it as a near worthless penny. "Oooo a penny," said Jacob leaning over and picking up the dirty currency. He inspected its date and frowned a little while muttering, "Drat not a lucky penny, but I guess it is the first bit of money I have acquired while here." He seemed a little amused with his discovery as he continued down the road, but his random train of thought was interrupted by the stopping truck off to his right followed by Damien's voice.

"Hey Jacob, need a ride? Express to the meeting point," said the soldier from the back of the truck.

"Sure I think I'll get in my daily exercise in soon enough," said Jacob closing his fist around his ugly coin as he walked over to the truck and jumped in the back. He walked over to where he was across from Damien, and decided this would be a good place to sit down. Moving the sniper rifle he had slung over his back to his hands to insure he didn't lay on it, Jacob sat down into a relaxed (IE slouched) position as the truck's engine revved back up and the exhaust spewing vehicle lurch forward. The mercenary looked down at his penny for a second before resting it on his finger closest to his thumb on his right hand then flicking it at Damien.

As the grungy copper colored coin flew toward Damien, Jacob said in a relaxed voice, "penny for your thoughts on this seemingly unavoidable war." Jacob's question seemed like idle chatter, but in fact he was trying to get a feel for this man before they went on this scouting adventure together. The lieutenant's skills were unimportant to Jacob right now, but knowing his motivations and thoughts could give Jacob insight on how this man would act while on this mission.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
Years
Lt. Damien Pierce
Slateport City - Northern

"Sure I think I'll get in my daily exercise in soon enough," Jacob said, closing his fist around something as he walked over. Damien helped him into the truck and then walked to the front and knocked on the wall in between the back and the cab. He walked to the back and took a seat at the exit to the truck, so he could easily get out. Jacob sat across from him and played with a penny. Jacob flicked the penny to Damien who quickly caught it mid-air.

"Penny for your thoughts on this seemingly unavoidable war..." Jacob asked. Damien played with the penny in his hands. He tossed it back to Jacob.

"I would rather a peaceful ending honestly, where they fork over whoever killed my brother and the rest who attacked the camp. Then again, if they don't, I have no regrets to killing them all. Killing is all I've been doing for a long while, and you look like the same goes for you." Damien droned on while double checking his supplies. Grenades, Spaghetti-Os, HK 416, 1911, he had everything he needed for however long they would be out, be it a couple hours, or a couple days.

Damien continued talking. "So, how bout you, why you here, just want to make a quick buck? or is there something more behind you?" He paused for a second. "Oh, also, how good are you with that thing, it doesn't even look like it can shoot straight. No offense..."

StinkomanFan

The Thing with Questionable Taste
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2015
Sigil Casus
Army Supply Shed
Slateport City

Sigil slips out of the Dusclops suit, mumbling softly as he re-entered the Gardevior suit. "I probably shouldn't enjoy this one so much..." He mumbles, adjusting the dress and wig. Applying his white make-up, stroke by stroke, being careful as to not cover his eyelashes or get any on the gloves. He inserted the red contact lenses, making sure not to poke himself in the eye. He turned to look towards a eindoe that lead to the forest. Their, his transformation would be completed.
Cracking his fingers he opens the back window of the shed, carefully crawling out and entering the woods. He moved elegantly, like a real Gardevior would. He took deep breaths, letting himself repeat his thoughts over and over again.
"I am a Gardevior... I am a Gardevior... I am a delicate, beautiful creature that is selfless and caring." He breathed in, and out, in, and out.
When he opened his eyes, he was a Gardevior. A beautiful, elegant creature that was selfless and caring. In his own mind, at least.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Patriot Skye Ravel :: Caerulus Tribe Base, Lavaridge
Rufflet; Caerulus Tribe :: Berry Inquiries

Patriot wrapped his claw around yet another berry, plucking it from its branch and throwing it onto the pile he had gathered upon a large leaf. He was out later than usual because he had found a small area particularly rich in berries. He had already filled himself with the fruits, and now he was gathering some to bring back to Lavaridge with him. He paid particular attention to the Chesto Berries, placing each one he found on the pile without eating any of them.

He grabbed a few more berries, added them to the pile and then grabbed the edges of the leaf with his talons and took to the sky. The leaf created a bowl of sorts, allowing the berries to be carried with ease. Within seconds he had cleared the trees and was soaring up the steep incline towards Lavaridge.

When he entered the skies above the base of the Caerulus Tribe, Patriot scanned the area with his remarkable vision, looking for that unmistakable splash of black and white. . . .

"There he is!" Patriot cried when he spotted his target. He shifted his wings on the wind and swooped down out of the sky, landing about twelve feet away from the larger bird pokémon. As he did so, he had maneuvered himself so that the leaf holding the berries had shifted from his talons to his beak, allowing him to actually land.

As he approached the pokémon, who seemed to be in conversation with a bright Ampharos, he overheard the immediate thread of their current conversation.

"If there are three things you would fight for, what would they be, Galeno?" Zeph asked the Ampharos.

Patriot walked up to the two, setting the pile of berries down next to Zeph. He cocked his head at a ninety degree angle as he examined the Ampharos. The question was a curious one, especially coming from Zeph.

"Three things that you would fight for?" Patriot restated. "Well, Z, I'm interested to hear three things that you would fight for," he said, turning to the Staraptor.

"Oh! By the way, I brought Chesto Berries!" Patriot nudged the pile of berries towards Zeph, eyes bright as he looked at the Staraptor expectantly.

Kawaii Pikachu :3

"The Cutiest Pokemon Gamer!"
Years
Aurora ~ Hot Springs, Lavaridge
Aurora was surprised to see Tray approaching them. She expected him to still be in his dispute with Adam. "Nothing is wrong," Lordus said as he laughed mockingly. "If you'd give me a leave for a guess, I'd let my nose do the work. The thing smells like ****, if you ask my nose." Aurora nodded towards Lordus in agreement and took a few seconds to eye him. He was a handsome Pokemon.

She returned her gaze to Tray as she spoke. "Nothing? You can't tell us that nothing is going on. Just look around; the whole town knows that a war is coming. The villagers are raiding the stores in hopes of acquiring a stock pile for when the war comes. There are rumors flying all over the place. Human planes have taken to our skies……it is obvious that something is going on." Aurora quietly said in hope to hide her aggravation with his answer. "If war is coming…..I think we deserve to know. Not only so we can prepare a force to protect our homes but also so others have the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones before they take the risk of losing their lives." Aurora sighed and became lost in thought, thinking about all that needed to be done. "Besides, I could assist by teaching our fighters new moves but I need time to do it. It doesn't happen overnight." She giggled a little to not only help lighten the mood but to also help calm her own nerves about the whole situation.

Fenne-kun

//TheEternalSushi
Years

Zeph
Lavaridge

Before the Ampharos could reply, a familiar figure landed gracefully beside them with a 'bowl' of berries dangling from his beak. Zeph glanced at the corner of his eye and let out a snort, though making it sound welcoming instead of being hostile. "You're late to the party, Patriot."

When his apprentice restated the question and redirected it to his 'master', Zeph halted and stared blankly at the ground as his past experiences and events returned to him like a merciless tidal wave. 'What am I fighting for..?'

Dignity? For the sake of his parents? Fighting for the tribe? Recognition maybe? To avenge the fallen? Legends and beliefs? Ideals? Satisfaction? Blood-lust...?

Zeph knew that his performance right then wasn't up to the Rufflet's standards, but he was genuinely confused...startled even, as if his brain was experiencing a total blackout from an unknown virus. It could be all of the above, but what were the most important factors?

"...For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope." he finally replied, looking at his apprentice. "They keep me alive and provide me with motivation through various ways. I know that this isn't the best answer, but it gives me a purpose to be here as a member of the Caerulus Tribe. Everyone would have different reasons, and you're probably going to find yours soon enough."

A small smirk appeared on his face though, as he continued with a genuine chuckle. "But you're just here for the 'fun', aren't you, Patriot?"

Glancing at the berries in front of him, the Staraptor bent down and picked one up with his beak, throwing it into the air before catching it with his mouth and swallowing it whole. Who knew that 'Z' could be rather playful with food? He the nudged the berry pile towards Galeno, waiting to see if he'd like some. Common courtesy, you know.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
Shadow Norborn
MossDeep City

Shadow and his team hurried through the city streets towards the square... as they approached the square Shadow noticed that there was already a large group of pokemon in the square. Shadow glanced around to see any way for him to see what's going on... and even talk with Aecor if it was possible.

He found an opening and rushed through, dodging legs, bodies, and various indeviduals. he Rushed past a Gardevoir that was standing idle at the edge of the group that was faced towards Aecor and Kip, Aecor was talking with a Golduck. Shadow came slowly over to Aecor,. He bowed his head in respect to the Kingdra before asking, "Sir, What's going on?"

While Shadow was speaking to Aecor, his team found locations for themselves a few here another few there, Disaster had managed to get to the edge of the group, he stood at attention next to the Gardevoir Shadow had past. "fine Day" Disaster said, trying to create small talk.

EGKangaroo

Years
Ani181MS.png
Galeno - Lavaridge Town
Galeno had his mouth half open when another avian intruded on his conversation with Zeph. Surely, it was none other than the Rufflet who followed Zeph around almost everywhere he went. Indeed, even if Zeph was well known in town to be the big bird with the big talk whom you did not want to have trouble with, he was always followed around by the puerile little adoring fan. The two made quite a comical duo, and it was hard not to feel endeared by their unlikely pairing, even if the Rufflet did interrupt his answer to Zeph's all important question.

Galeno knew the answer though. He wanted three things the most. The aristocracy would just let the humans disrobe them of their sovereignty and let those bloody colonialists gain an influence in this region, at the expense of the natives whose homes were robbed, astounded Galeno. And now, Hoenn was on the brink of war, and the threats that at any moment the humans could fly in on their artificial skarmory, fare on the metal Lapras, and fire a hail of bullets at innocent pokémon, brutally massacring them, made him want to hurl up all of his stomach's contents right there and now. And almost as importantly was to tear the regime of Adamantius and Aecor the hell down, end the struggle of the classes, stop the religious schism which had weakened the region and has led a generation into a war of blinding religious fervour to advance the position of the ones at the top. When the rich wage war... The bird overheard the question too, and he seemed more interested in Zeph, just wanting to shower him with more attention and sort of push the Ampharos away.

And what were Zeph's reasons? For the tribe, for ideals, and for hope. Well, he could agree on the last two, maybe even half on the very first one. Caerulus was his home after all, but not thanks to the silver-spooned Adamantius.

Galeno looked on as Zeph used his strong beak to pick up one of the purple berries, and he hurled it into the air before catching in and chewing it up. He then gestured with his wing, sliding a pair of them towards Galeno as a sign of courtesy. "Thanks," he murmured and he took one of the berries in his paw: purple on yellow. He directed the berry to his mouth and got a taste of it. Crunching and grinding it with his teeth. Any saps weren't present within the fruit, but it was edible, and he swallowed the sludge.

"Well, I would fight for independence from the humans, thinking they've got any right to influence our lives and dictate us in our land for one. And especially that they will not at all discern the innocent from the soldiers when they're gonna march in here by the hundreds with those bullet-spewing guns. I want to protect the security that the children need. And then third, for egalitarianism, ending this religious schism. It's only given us martyrs in return."

Galeno's eyes turned to the Rufflet. He realised he really meant it with his second point. His angsting mind already picturing one of those beasts pointing a gun at him and in an instant it'd flash. But he had to put a stop to it. He imagined himself running towards the man, sparks spitting off of his body and removing the Devil from this world before his fingers could wrap around the trigger and pull it back. He blinked and gave a friendly smile to the Rufflet. "These berries do taste quite nice," he replied in general.

Stingray

Space elves FTW
Years
Jacob King
Slateport City Main camp, North Exit (or Entrance depending on which direction your going)

Jacob frowned a little as he looked over Damien again. "I'm sorry about your brother… that is definitely a much better reason than mine to go to war." Damien's revelation about his murdered brother made Jacob feel a little awkward so he spurted out, "Honestly I have a feeling the gears are set in motion for war and the death of your brother and the others is just the justification for war and revenge is not actually the objective." As he finished his last statement, the truck lurched to a stop and it seemed to punctuate Jacob's bad timing for voicing his thoughts on the Human Republic's motivations to go to war. He quickly moved to get out of the truck that he felt he had made awkward to be in.

Slinging his rifle over his shoulder as he changed the subject and focused on Damien's other questions, "It's a unique weapon for sure but with the right modifications and in the right hands it is extremely lethal. Also I didn't earn all my money by being bad at my job." He shrugged a little after his last comment as his boots impacted the hard ground after he had jumped out of the vehicle. After landing with a thud, he turned around to face the inside of the truck bed again. Jacob's face showed that he was thinking of something as he stood there silently.

"I'm not here for the money considering I haven't been promised any… yet," replied Jacob after a second pause he then shifted his weight to his right leg and continued with an amused voice, "Kind of strange huh? Mercenary who doesn't care for money… Guess I'm not entirely sane, or I'm really bad at being a mercenary." His face showed a bit of amusement in it, but it quickly faded as his right hand came up to his neck and gripped something that was hiding under his collar.

Holding the mostly hidden necklace Jacob's face twisted to show a solemn look on it. "To be blunt: I came here to hunt," he replied after a second of self reflection. However the next part of his answer he kept to himself. He didn't trust or think this man was one who he could reveal the entirety of his motivations to.

Suddenly realizing he had spaced out in front of Damien he refocused his eyes on the officer and dropped his hand from the hidden symbol. He quickly returned his voice back to his less than serious tone, "So you have lots of experience in killing too huh? What for? Last I remembered the Human Republic hasn't been at war for quite a while. So unless you joined up right after birth I'm guessing you either been killing for some super-secret-kill-me-if-you-tell-me reason, or you killed prior to joining this rag tag group."

Karma Police

Arrest this man
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 7, 2023
Trevalyn
Lavaridge Town, Hot Springs

"If you'd give me a leave for a guess, I'd let my nose do the work. The thing smells like ****, if you ask my nose." The Haxorus crudely replied. Of course, Tray ad expected a somewhat sarcastic or hostile reply to his answer.

"Nothing? You can't tell us that nothing is going on. Just look around; the whole town knows that a war is coming. The villagers are raiding the stores in hopes of acquiring a stock pile for when the war comes. There are rumors flying all over the place. Human planes have taken to our skies……it is obvious that something is going on. If war is coming…..I think we deserve to know. Not only so we can prepare a force to protect our homes but also so others have the opportunity to spend time with their loved ones before they take the risk of losing their lives. Besides, I could assist by teaching our fighters new moves but I need time to do it. It doesn't happen overnight." Aurora giggled.

"Nothing is wrong... because war is natural for us. We are at war with the Ruber Tribe everyday. So what if our enemy is the Ruber scum or the humans? All we need to know is what to kill... if it comes down to war, that is," Tray smiled. "I know as much as you do when it comes to the human threat." He pointed upwards at the planes circling the volcano, with the same "We've declared War" message blaring. "Adamantius is doing everything he can to help us. And we have to cooperate to survive."

From the corner of his eye, Tray spotted Adamantius arriving back to town from the volcano. It was about to beginning.

"I'll talk to you two chaps later, for now, I have a job to handle. Please proceed to the town square where we have an important announcement to make." Tray said, as politely as he could in his generally commanding tone. He walked away from there briskly, straight towards Adamantius, who actually for the first time in his life, looked confused to be here.

"Hey Adam-"

"Tray! Tray! You have to listen to me, I saw a vision-" Adamantius started, concentrating hard as if remembering something.

"No time for that, Adam, get to the square, make. The. Announcement." Tray glared at him, with fire in his eyes, and that immediately shut Adam up. He walked towards the square, and finally got some of his old speech skills back.

"People of the humble Caerulus Tribe! In exactly 10 minutes we shall depart for Mauville City, for a meeting with the Ruber Tribe concerning the Human war!" Unconsciously his head tilted skywards towards the plane, "Hurry up if you do not wish to get left behind!"

Utter chaos followed, as Pokemon rushed to their homes to get their stuff. Tray pushed his way through the crowd towards Adam, absolutely surprised by the 10 minute short notice. "Isn't ten minutes a bit too short Adam?" He said with amusement.

Adam laughed heartily, for what was the first time in quite a few weeks. "That's what usually gets them moving!"

Nicolas
Slateport City

Nicolas was walking towards the north exit when he bumped into what appeared to be something large, green and white. He backed up, and realized it was a Gardevoir. His hand immediately went to the knife in his pocket, but stopped when he noticed the feet poking out of the bottom of the cloth. A soldier, wearing a Gardevoir outfit. What was the world coming to these days?

"Soldier, what the hell do you think you're doing?" He snapped at him. "Get out of that cloth before somebody thinks you're a Pokemon and shoots you!" But he couldn't help but chuckle at the last words, "Although, I think that's a bit unlikely."

He started towards the entrance once again, constantly having the feeling that there was going to be some danger for them in the trip. In the end, he just sighed and gave in to instincts, as he picked up a random pistol from a crate, pocketed it safely, and continued on his journey. Behind him, he could hear Mikkelson's oath begin.

"People of the Human Republic, are you ready for victory?"

"Hell yes we are," Nicolas smiled.

Kip
Mossdeep City

Aecor was just busy talking with Kip about the urgency of the situation and how to proceed about the meeting, when Aecor was approached by Penance,

"Aecor... if I may have a moment of your time before we depart. Things must be discussed sir. Important things if you will."

"Ah, yes my child, please, speak."

But before Penance could, Shadow also arrived at the scene, and quickly asked, "Sir, What's going on?"

"Young Shadow, it would do you good to attend more of our meetings! But for now, it's best you get prepared. We are leaving for Mauville City, for a meet with the Caerulus Tribe. We are about to leave very soon, so please, make haste! Until then, I have a few matters to discuss with Penance here." He motioned for Shadow to leave, and then turned back to Penance.

"Ah, yes son, you were saying?"

"Um, sir..." Kip started, in a low voice so that Penance couldn't hear, "Do we really have time for this, I mean, don't we have other things to do? Like... plan out, the thing for the meet?"

"Not now Kip, one of my people has a matter to discuss, and it's important that I listen to him." He firmly replied, and Kip drew back to let the two of them discuss whatever they wanted to. Kip though, had a job to do until then.

Back