• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Margaery Tyrell

Growing Strong
Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 28, 2018
Well, my hunt for Ho-Oh ended a LONG time ago, after resetting my SS. XP

But, well, I think my hunting will begin again - tonight! Although I'm a bit perplexed on what Pokemon to hunt. :/

Years
Just dropping in to say hi!
Welcome to all the new members we have now since I last posted, wow there's a lot xD
Congrats on all those awesome shinies!

An update on my hunts:
Both first legs of my Ruby BQ and my Soulsilver BQ are at about 1100 REs each. I'm terrible at REing, I've found out! Lol.
I'm also Masudaing for a second shiny Eevee, which I'm up to about 650 for that. Plus, I started a Moltres SR hunt on LG, that I plan to hunt alongside Eevee. If I find Eevee first, I'll dual hunt Moltres on LG and HG.
Spring break's coming up, so hopefully that means more shinies!

@Flydro Perhaps you'd like to race for Eevee? I'm Masudaing, so the odds are a bit unfair, but it's all for fun^^
@Wandering~Leaf I was always fascinated by the Pokemon in Dragon's Den. Or you could hunt one of the other birds perhaps? (Or mewtwo!)
Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Years
Well i just busted open my old emerald cartridge to check if i ever found a shiny without even knowing. In the fourth box of the PC i found a shiny Golbat! ^__^ She's Hasty natured, not sure if its good or bad.

I remember the story behind this. I was running through victory road and all i had encountered were male golbats and other pokés, but this golbat was female so i thought all females looked like this. So i caught it because it looked cool XD. I caught sometime in 2003 or 2004 i think, not sure. This means this was my first shiny before shinx in diamond.

Should i evolve her into a Crobat? Should i transfer it to my diamond? >____>

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
Congrats on the shiny Sandshrew, GolurkIsDaBomb!

Congrats on the shiny Pidgey, PekoponTAS!

Congrats on the shiny, nizare18!

Congrats on the shiny Zubat, Keruso!

Welcome to the club, drewbie411 and Bern!

@Bern Hasty is decent. It's good to have a +speed nature on Golbat. I caught a female shiny Golbat in gen 3 too. I duplicated it using the Battle Tower glitch in Emerald so I could have multiple Golbats and Crobats.

I was extremely busy last week, so I completely forgot to post a weekly hunt. Sorry about that. To make up for it, I will post two for this week.

This week's random hunts are... Kricketot and Tynamo!

Kitori

[FONT=impact][COLOR=#000000][I][b] V A L K Y R I E
Years
Thanks everyone for the welcomes! You're all so nice. :]

I decided to put my shiny eevee hunting (for my purple vaporeon) on hold until I get the shining charm. Having trouble pinning down articuno mostly and then some odds and ends pokemon. I hope to have it by the end of the week and then I'll put my effort toward shiny hunting! ^_^ I'm excited since I haven't found a shiny in the game yet except for the programmed in ones.

Years
@ Latios Master: Oo, a battle tower glitch to duplicate the shiny? im going to look that up before i evolve her then.
@Kitori: Goodluck on your first un-programmed shiny! ^__^

Today i also downloaded a heartgold rom since i cant buy the game myself :/. Just started and its awsome. I have never played in johto before! I also decided to start random encounter on three systems using my copies of LG FR and E, im hoping for a vulpix or a shroomish ;).

Update:

Drifloon - 1008 SR's

And lookie what i found on my emulated version of pokémon FireRed!!! Found it within 25 minutes of starting the game.

wA08zW3v6glfwAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Years
never bothered with shinies till I got a shiny suicune, now I'm on the hunt! only have gotten the shiny ho-oh from soft reseting though :( nothing wild....

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I've been lazy about hunting lately. I currently am pretty sick and too tired to do much, so I guess I have plenty of time for soft resetting. I'm at just the right part of Soulsilver that I can SR for a Dratini, at least.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
I've been having a lot of fun hunting in Viridian Forest in Leaf Green ever since I came up with a little mini-game to play while shiny hunting to keep things interesting. It doesn't have a name yet, so for now let's just call it "Shiny Pick-Up" This is best played on a Game Boy Player.

What you do is you have your guy you intend to use to catch your shiny up front, (in my case a high leveled False Swipe Scizor) and have five other Pokemon that have the pick-up ability.

Next, set the built in timer on the Game Boy Player for ten minutes.

Once the timer starts, you have ten minutes to try and get as many items as you can with the pick-up ability, each with their own point value. (I advise turning battle animations off to speed up battles) Of course the main goal is to find and catch a Shiny Pokemon, so that has a point value too. You'll have to keep track of this on paper of course. You can quickly jot the numbers down during the encounter animations. If you still have an old magnadoodle kicking around that isn't broken, this would be a good time to dig it out.

Regular Berries (Oran etc.) 5 Points
PP Up 20 Points
TM10 20 Points
Nugget 30 Points
Rare Candy 40 Points
Rare Berries (Spelon etc.) 60 Points
Shiny Pokemon Capture 400 Points

(Point value is based on rarity of item pick-ups, and overall usefulness of the items in question)

There are a few rules to keep track of.

a)When time runs out, the game immediately ends, even if you were just about to take an item off of one of your Pokemon.

b)You are not allowed to check how much time is left on the timer once you start it. (adds some extra tension which overall makes the game more fun)

c)If you run into a shiny, you are allowed to stop the clock. Make sure you check the time before you stop it, because after you capture your shiny you can start the clock back up. The time you set it for is based on when you stopped the clock, rounded up or down to the nearest minute. So for example if you run into a shiny at 5 minutes 23 seconds remaining and stop the clock, you start it back up at 5 minutes. If it's 5 minutes 35 seconds remaining, you start it back up at 6 minutes remaining. If it's exactly on the thirty second mark, you round up.

(This rule can be considered optional if you're too nervous that you might accidentally hit "Change Game Pak" which is right next to the timer)

Once the time limit is up you calculate your score, and try to get a higher score next time. Plus you can use all the free rare candies, Nuggets, PP Ups, and Rare Berries in your third gen games. If you haven't finished up the battle tower or all of those contests in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, the rare candies and berries you get from this mini-game will be a good way to help you do it.

This has made shiny hunting a lot more fun, and often I get really wrapped up in the mini-game and completely forget about the fact that I'm looking for shinies. If you have a Game Boy Player, or any kind of timer, I suggest you try it out. My highest score so far is 275 points. ; ) (Got three rare berries and a few other good ones)

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Even though I have the Shiny Charm in Black 2 for months now, I hadn't gone hunting for shinies with it until tonight. It only took about three battles before I found this! Either that shiny charm works extremely well, or I still got pretty darn lucky. I overall wasn't too excited about it since I found it THAT quickly, and it's kind of a lame shiny, but hey, it still counts!

shinyzebstrika.jpg

caught it on the first Pokeball thrown at full health, a quick ball. It's not the greatest shiny out there, but it's still cool I got it. Maybe a little clarification on how well the shiny charm really works would make this feel more significant to me. As it is right now, it's a bit underwhelming. :/

Think I'll go back to my GBA cartridges and try and get my shiny Torchic back that I lost in a file corruption a while back. I miss that little guy. :<

Last edited:
Years
Update on my hunts ~~~~~~

Drifloon - 1700 Srs (did 600 today dual sring ^_^)
I am also REing on routes 7 and 8 on LG and FR while i SR, got 2 Gba's and 2 ds's to help me. So far i havent encountered anything yet, but im still hopefull! I wont give up on drifloon until maybe i rich 8192 resets, but i probably wont. Has anybody else received a drifloon through SR before?

EDIT: Forgot to mention im probably around 750-1000 random encounters currently.

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Just kind of curious, but does any one have a favourite generation of shinies to hunt? Personally I like looking for Hoenn shinies since that seems to be the one game where they understood what made shinies cool and had radically different colour schemes. Also since random encountering is my favourite way to shiny hunt, Ruby and Sapphire are great choices since there's a ton of options in the wild in those games. FireRed and Leafgreen don't have a ton of great choices for random encounter hunting. :/

Oh, and by the way, don't forget about the chat. I'm often in there while I shiny hunt, and nobody ever gets in there. : (

*Current hunts*

Torchic (ruby) 312 Soft resets

EDIT: Well, looks like it's been my lucky month. First Pidgeot, then Zebstrika, and now I got my shiny Torchic back! You may or may not remember that I got a shiny Torchic and machop, and then my save file corrupted and I lost them both. Well, I now got my Torchic back, and it only took 370 Soft Resets! I have a feeling my luck is going to run out soon. XD

torchic.png

A shame about its kind of crummy nature, but I don't care. I'm just glad I have him again. : )
(Amanda is the name of one of my characters I draw in various comics)

Last edited:
Years
Just kind of curious, but does any one have a favourite generation of shinies to hunt? Personally I like looking for Hoenn shinies since that seems to be the one game where they understood what made shinies cool and had radically different colour schemes. Also since random encountering is my favourite way to shiny hunt, Ruby and Sapphire are great choices since there's a ton of options in the wild in those games. FireRed and Leafgreen don't have a ton of great choices for random encounter hunting. :/

Oh, and by the way, don't forget about the chat. I'm often in there while I shiny hunt, and nobody ever gets in there. : (

*Current hunts*

Torchic (ruby) 312 Soft resets

EDIT: Well, looks like it's been my lucky month. First Pidgeot, then Zebstrika, and now I got my shiny Torchic back! You may or may not remember that I got a shiny Torchic and machop, and then my save file corrupted and I lost them both. Well, I now got my Torchic back, and it only took 370 Soft Resets! I have a feeling my luck is going to run out soon. XD

torchic.png

A shame about its kind of crummy nature, but I don't care. I'm just glad I have him again. : )
(Amanda is the name of one of my characters I draw in various comics)

I actually play a very watered down version of your mini-game while I RE on my Ruby, as luck would have it!

Congrats on Zebstrika and Torchic within mere days of eachother! That's pretty insane despite the Shiny Charm O: (The chances of encountering a shiny in the wild with the Shiny Charm is changed to 1/2730, which is about a third of the normal chances. Masuda is even lower!)

Current hunts:
Eevee MM - 840 Eggs
Moltres SR - 420 SRs

Last edited:
Years
Im going to go in the chat everytime i shiny hunt now, i think talking to someone will be fun :D. I also watch national georgraphic documentaries while i hunt, idk why.

Anywayssssss, 2300 drifloon soft resets ugh *______*
and ive done about 1700+ encounters in firered and leafgreen as i reset. I hope something shines :P

nice torchic! ;o

Years
Just a quick chat update:
I'm not sure if anyone else is experiencing this, but when I go onto xat.com/pokecommunityshinyhuntersclub, no background pops up in the chat box and I can't see if anybody's online.
If anyone else is experiencing this, the solution is to visit the chatbox via this link:
http://xat.com/xat179705497
Sorry for any inconvenience!

Hunt updates:
Eevee MM - 910 Eggs

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Hey, I just realized I completed this month's quest! I caught a shiny pidgey/pidgeot AND and Shiny Torchic on Leafgreen and Sapphire respectively! Both of them have two feet! Do I win this month's challenge?

Years
Omg guysssss !!!! i bring shiny news!!!!!!!

After about 2100-2300 encounters on my fire red cartridge, a wonderful greenish/yellow snake popped out of the grass!!!

ibex40.jpg

She is quirky natured, which isnt the best as its a neutral nature. But who cares shiny ekans/arbok is mine@@@@@@

Furthermore, i have completed 2550 soft resets for drifloon lol. hopefully that other yellow poké shines :) :) :)

UPDATE: 2700 soft resets *_______*

Last edited:

PekoponTAS

Game Boy Advance Fan
Years
Congrats on the ekans! Arbok is one of the cooler first gen shinies, so you should be pretty happy! Good luck on that drifloon! : ) Looks like March has been a good month for people finding shinies.

Back