• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Amongst the generations, which has the best Dark-types introduced?

I swear I've answered this before but who cares. I'd say Gen 3 as well! You can't get better than sharks, evil trees, disaster-bringing kitties and weird imp-like things with gems for eyes. Personally I also enjoy Generation 2 but they had a lack of dark types. There were only 5 or so which was kind of disappointing. So yeah Gen 3 all the way. They had some pretty good pokemon. :D

And lastly I'd like to add, happy new year guys! It's in less than half an hour here so yeah. Hope you all have a great year. 8)

waningGrimalkin

Level 5 Spin Ninja
Years
Username: waningGrimalkin
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type pokemon are the shadows of the night! They're cooler then ghost, and more powerful then psychic! Plus, they look really awesome, and are effective against lots of pokemon.
Your partners: Krokorok and Liepard!
What Types rule: DARK!!!!!!
Answer the current topic: Gen 5! It's what made me start loving dark-types.

Last edited:

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Username: Venitardus
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they are a descent type. They have a cool design to them.
Your partners: Mightyena and Scrafty
What Types rule: dark types, what else?
Amongst the generations, which has the best Dark-types introduced?: I'd say gen 5, mainly because it has 2 of my most favorite dark types; Krookadile an Scrafty

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Let's start-off a new topic, yeah? :] Of all dark-type mega-evolutions, which is your favorite? Why? Personally, I love Mega Gyarados. Its may not look that different from its regular form (well, to me, at least), but statistically though, it's pretty deadly. It's got a total of 155 Attack stat, which makes it able to knock quite a few Pokémon out without any boosts. Its base Special Defense stat is 130, giving it an easier time to go up against Pokémon like Celebi, Shaymin, Togekiss, Heatran, and other special-based attackers. Aside from this, I'm a huge fan of Mega Tyranitar as well. When it comes to design, it looks very fierce. It makes a great battler, too. I've used it in some of my matches before; it has never disappointed me.

Years
Great topic Ashley! Gonna answer it now.

Of all dark-type mega-evolutions, which is your favorite? Why?

Definitely Mega Absol for me, I love how it grows those "wings" and it's just so beautiful in general. I was never often an Absol fan myself but I think the Mega is making me like it more. Alongside that, Mega Houndoom looks really cool as well and it has a pretty awesome ability that makes its Fire attacks extremely strong in the sun.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023

Mega Absol! Also known as Destroyer of the Worlds, catastrophic death bringing winged kitty, karma in animal form and all that good dark stuff. It's already an elegant Pokemon without the mega boost and this made it 10x more epic than it already was. I like Mega Houndoom as well although I'm not sure if it was necessary. Then again mega evos weren't necessarily needed in the first place but they brought a whole load of new opportunities to the table. x]

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years

I can tell alot would go for Mega-Absol, and so do I. It has brutal stats and a deadly ability and movepool with Sucker Punch, Punishment, Will-o-wisp and most of the elemental TM moves. Mega-Houndoom also brings my interest as it has improved Special attack and a fearsome appearance.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Username: Lost Lore
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Well... I'm here because Dark is my favourite type, if that tells you anything.
Your partners:
359.png
435.png

What Types rule: Flying Dark-types, duh.
Answer the current topic:
I don't have X or Y yet (I want to get Y, but no 3DS) so I haven't gotten to actually use any of them... but. I'm going to say Absol, since it's been my favourite Dark-type for quite a long while and I love what they've done with it. Yes, even down to the pseudo-wings it has! That Attack is nothing to sneeze at, and Magic Bounce is a nice ability.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
Years
Username: Lowvyr
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: The best. Hands down.
Your partners: Houndoom and Absol
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think Gen 5 brought the most useful darks, but I like Gen 2's dark types the most aesthetically.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome to all the new members :3

Of course, Mega Absol has got to be the top favorite. IT HAS WINGS. ITS STATS HAVE BOOSTED SO MUCH. You can't go wrong with this mega-evo. Absol has improved so much with it's new mega evo. :3

Years

ABSOL. <3 She's so gorgeous and her design is pretty much perfect so I can't wait until I can breed my own. Take a wonderful picture to prove it. By someone on pixiv!

tumblr_msbmfkI28s1r5yidjo1_500.png

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Since the club's been sort of inactive lately, I'll kick-off a new topic. There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another? If so, how would it look? How would Eevee evolve into it?

Last edited:

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Since the club's been sort of inactive lately, I'll kick-off a new topic. There already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another? If so, how would it look? How would Eevee evolve into it?

Yeah, even though Umbreon is awesome, another Dark Eeveelution would be neat! I've been racking my brain trying to figure one out, but all I've got is one based on the stars, like Espeon and Umbreon reference the sun and moon respectively. Although with the introduction of Fairy-type, it strikes me more as being that...

I guess it could always be Dark/Fairy, though? You'd evolve Eevee into it by leveling it up holding a Star Piece/Comet Shard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Mm, yeah, I'd be fine with it, too. Dark/fairy does sound like a good idea, but how about dark/psychic? If that does turn out to be its typing, perhaps it could have features of both Umbreon and Espeon mixed together, with a couple of its own? Personally, I think that would look quite amazing. xD In order to evolve Eevee into this, you'd be required to train it while having both Espeon and Umbreon on your team.

Years
Username: Purplefire
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: mischievous at best and fun to play with
Your partners: (Up to two) Zoroark
What Types rule:Dark-Types rule!
Answer the current topic: i dont think bringing out a new dark type eeveloution would be a good idea but i am all up for a mega umbreon and possibly making it dark/ghost. i know we already have 2 pokemon with those types but there move set is poor when you think of there potential so i would like to see more dark/ghost type pokemon

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
There already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another?

I think its rather unlikely but id sure would love it! Since Umbreon is more defensive, a nice and offensive dark eeveelution would be great. Maybe make it a dual type dark/psychic, kinda like a mega that "fuses" espeon and umbreon together?

Years
Username: Saphyre
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've loved Dark-types since Umbreon. But I like the mischievous side that they bring, however I think they are over-used by villains. I get why, but I just don't want them to become stereotyped. :(
Your partners: Umbreon, Absol
What Types rule: Light types? No, that's not right...oh yeah - Dark-types rule! :D

There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another? If so, how would it look? How would Eevee evolve into it?

I think one Dark-type Eeveelution is enough. Instead of making another Dark-type, I think they should add a different type. I'm not sure how I feel about a dual-typed Eeveelution; traditionally, they've all been mono-typed. The idea of dual-typing doesn't feel right to me. :/

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Username: Venitardus
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I think they are a descent type. They have a cool design to them.
Your partners: Mightyena and Scrafty
What Types rule: dark types, what else?
Amongst the generations, which has the best Dark-types introduced?: I'd say gen 5, mainly because it has 2 of my most favorite dark types; Krookadile an Scrafty

Username: waningGrimalkin
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Dark type pokemon are the shadows of the night! They're cooler then ghost, and more powerful then psychic! Plus, they look really awesome, and are effective against lots of pokemon.
Your partners: Krokorok and Liepard!
What Types rule: DARK!!!!!!
Answer the current topic: Gen 5! It's what made me start loving dark-types.

Username: Lost Lore
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: Well... I'm here because Dark is my favourite type, if that tells you anything.
Your partners:
359.png
435.png

What Types rule: Flying Dark-types, duh.
I don't have X or Y yet (I want to get Y, but no 3DS) so I haven't gotten to actually use any of them... but. I'm going to say Absol, since it's been my favourite Dark-type for quite a long while and I love what they've done with it. Yes, even down to the pseudo-wings it has! That Attack is nothing to sneeze at, and Magic Bounce is a nice ability.

Username: Lowvyr
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: The best. Hands down.
Your partners: Houndoom and Absol
What Types rule: Dark-Types rule!
Answer the current topic: I think Gen 5 brought the most useful darks, but I like Gen 2's dark types the most aesthetically.

Username: Purplefire
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: mischievous at best and fun to play with
Your partners: (Up to two) Zoroark
What Types rule:Dark-Types rule!
Answer the current topic: i dont think bringing out a new dark type eeveloution would be a good idea but i am all up for a mega umbreon and possibly making it dark/ghost. i know we already have 2 pokemon with those types but there move set is poor when you think of there potential so i would like to see more dark/ghost type pokemon

Username: Saphyre
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: I've loved Dark-types since Umbreon. But I like the mischievous side that they bring, however I think they are over-used by villains. I get why, but I just don't want them to become stereotyped. :(
Your partners: Umbreon, Absol
What Types rule: Light types? No, that's not right...oh yeah - Dark-types rule! :D

I think one Dark-type Eeveelution is enough. Instead of making another Dark-type, I think they should add a different type. I'm not sure how I feel about a dual-typed Eeveelution; traditionally, they've all been mono-typed. The idea of dual-typing doesn't feel right to me. :/

Wow I'm surprised this club stayed active without me. So sorry I abandoned you guys . :/
I'll add everyone once my keyboard is fixed. But welcome all of you anyway !

There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another?

I think one Eeveelution of each type is enough . Besides , Umbreon is cool anyway and don't want anything to replace it. I honestly thought Absol was an Eeveelution at first until I saw it's typing lol.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
How have I not yet joined this club?! Anyways, joining!

Username: Autumn Reverie

What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon?: They are amazing. With one of the best designs around coupled with strong attacks and menacing movepools, any trainer without a Dark-type counter is in for a hard time.

Your partners: Hydreigon & Absol

What type rules?: DARK-TYPES.

There's already a dark-type Eeveelution, but would you guys be okay if they'd introduced another?

No, thank you. As mentioned by AWsquared, one Eeveelution per type is more than enough. I don't see a need for one anyway. Umbreon simply cannot be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back