• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2011
APE help

I've been trying to change the title screen with the "completely hacking the fire red title screen" (can't post a link because the security thing thinks it's from another site, and this is my first post)
but when I get down to the part where I export the color palette from IrfanView and import it into APE, it says something like "invalid palette set" and doesn't work. try again after that, and it closes on me.

any help? this has been frustrating me. i even tried to input each color individually by typing in the code under "changed palette", but the replace button wouldn't let me click it once I was done.

Years
  • Seen Dec 11, 2009
If you used XSE, I'd help you...
But I can tell you now, the flag NEVER EVER EVER goes before the dyn...I don't use PKSV, but looking at this script I can tell that dyn is the dynamic offset... well, that is ALWAYS the first thing in a script. NEVER EVER put a flag before it because it won't even do anything...
In any case, I don't use PKSV, and I dunno if this counts for anything, butI don't think you can do a jump to :end, since it isn't an offset, it is a command... I might not use PKSV, but I can at least help by fixing it to the best of my abilities...
Hope I could help... Also, be sure to set the person's 2nd Unknown setting (in A-map, just below the X/Y pos boxes...) to 03... 2nd Unknown to 03, okay?
This SHOULD work, though I don't use PKSV as I've said before, so I'm not quite sure.

PS, I edited your script in the quote, try it out

still not working :@

anyone using PKSV know where I'm going wrong with this script?
I'm trying to make it so the pokemon menu can be accessed after receiving eevee as the 1st pokemon

#dyn 0x740000
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x200
if 0x1 jump @end
setflag 0x828
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon EEVEE 0x5 QUICKCLAW 0 0 0
setflag 0x200
storepokemon 0 EEVEE
fanfare 0x101
msgbox @get-msg
callstd 0x4
waitfanfare
waitbutton
release
end

#org @end
release
end

#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd 0x6
release
end

#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.

#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
Hello well ive been trying to connect my maps but when i do when i try to use a warp as in me tryin to leave my house the screen turns completely black and i have to end the emulator

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Use A-Text... just search for that trainer class and then replace it with the one you want.
Or you can just use A-Trainer and edit the class name there.

Hello well ive been trying to connect my maps but when i do when i try to use a warp as in me tryin to leave my house the screen turns completely black and i have to end the emulator
Did you resize any of those maps?

Last edited:

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Finally I have been able to activate national dex in ruby

but i have a problem
I have kept kanto starters
Before national dex was activated pokedex entry was zero

but after activating national dex entry shows 1 (right amount of pokemon)

But in the pokedex pictures column it still doesnt show the kanto starter i have or
Pokemon i capture from kanto or jonto
(allthough amount of pokemon seen and captured is shown correctly)

Is it normal??

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2011
I am making some level scripts in Celadon City in FR using AdvanceMap and XSE.

I want level scripts for two separate buildings. When I change the script offset to point to my level script, the script offset of the other building also changes to point to the same offset. So right now it seems impossible to create two separate level scripts using these maps.

The obvious solution is to use a different map, but I was wondering if there was an easier way. I am also curious if anyone knows why this happens with some maps, but not others.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Finally I have been able to activate national dex in ruby

but i have a problem
I have kept kanto starters
Before national dex was activated pokedex entry was zero

but after activating national dex entry shows 1 (right amount of pokemon)

But in the pokedex pictures column it still doesnt show the kanto starter i have or
Pokemon i capture from kanto or jonto
(allthough amount of pokemon seen and captured is shown correctly)

Is it normal??

Well, you got the pokemon BEFORE you got the national dex, so it didn't record it.
Try activating the national dex BEFORE you receive the starter pokemon.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Okay Im trying to Make a hack.I have been learning how to script and I dont know how to use all the elements of the scripts......Okay Im trying to make a battle script,really,and im using a-trainer a-map and XSE.....I need someone to tell me step by step how to put a new trainer int the game.I cna make the script but i dont know what to do after that...
The scritp I worte was
#dynamic 0x700000

#org @battle
trainerbattle 0x0 0x001 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Hey, \v\h01! \nI got a new Pokemon like you! Lets Have a Quick Battle!

#org @after
= Oh No I lost!

#org @beaten
= Well,That sucked.Next time I see you,\nI will Win! Until Then, Training time!

And also I want to know how to make the player either dissappeared durnign a blackout or walk off and not show up again.

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Well, you got the pokemon BEFORE you got the national dex, so it didn't record it.
Try activating the national dex BEFORE you receive the starter pokemon.

I tried that also problem is not only with staters
but also with pokemon i catch from kanto region

Actually not with all Kanto pokemon like if i catch meowth data is not recoded
(as meowth not availabke in normal ruby game)

But if i capture sandshrew which is also available in ruby the
data is recoded

Although it always shows the correct amount of pokemon seen and captured but not the picture(or information) in right column

Can anyone help with this?

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2010
Or you can just use A-Trainer and edit the class name there.

Did you resize any of those maps?
Yeah acutally i completely remade it you think the size change will affect it? Acutally i just tried and even when i use the tool to start on the maps already connected it just gives me a black screen but as soon as i remove the map connections it starts to work again does anyone have some kind of fix for this help would be appericated

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
You guys really dont help very good...

I was asking some questions, and its STILL not answered. Why?!

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yeah acutally i completely remade it you think the size change will affect it? Acutally i just tried and even when i use the tool to start on the maps already connected it just gives me a black screen but as soon as i remove the map connections it starts to work again does anyone have some kind of fix for this help would be appericated

Your map connections are screwed up. I would recommend repointing them.

You guys really dont help very good...

I was asking some questions, and its STILL not answered. Why?!

Maybe because we DON'T know the answer.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
Years
My question wasn't answered, so I'll repost because i think it got skipped.

I was working on my titlescreen and everything was smooth up unitl:

titlescreenr.png

(Yeah, I know i'ts kinda big, but I amplified it so you can see the title error)
When I import the stuff, the word "start" is not covered up by anything, but it is now.
Can somebody tell me what is going on and how do I change it?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
My question wasn't answered, so I'll repost because i think it got skipped.

I was working on my titlescreen and everything was smooth up unitl:

Spoiler:

(Yeah, I know i'ts kinda big, but I amplified it so you can see the title error)
When I import the stuff, the word "start" is not covered up by anything, but it is now.
Can somebody tell me what is going on and how do I change it?

Put it in a spoiler like I did when quoting it, next time.

Anyway, your tileset is too big, remove the multiple tiles with a tool like sphere.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Well, the question i asked:

1 and 2. Is there a way to add pokemon in Pokemon red WITHOUT the use of a hex editor? And is there a moveset editor? Like, edit the moveset of a pokemon?

3. Is there a program to change the Pokemon Gold Title WITHOUT the use of a hex editor? Intro Tweaker Gold is getting an error for some reason. I want to make the title Shellder-based. (Yes, a hack thats based on mostly Shellder.)

rokrdude

Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
IS there any way we can edit the pokemon wally uses to catch ralts?

I think its a special can we edit it?

If not can we atleast edit the script when father gives wally zizagoon
(like i want to change the name zizagoon to a nickname )

Because i tried to find the script but could find it

Can someone help?

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
IS there any way we can edit the pokemon wally uses to catch ralts?

I think its a special can we edit it?

If not can we atleast edit the script when father gives wally zizagoon
(like i want to change the name zizagoon to a nickname )

Because i tried to find the script but could find it

Can someone help?

HackMew helped >Dante< do it, so I would ask HackMew for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back