• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: General Questions & Answers Thread

Have you ever found a shiny?

• Yes

Votes: 30 49.2%
  • No

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Yes, but I lost it!

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
If your question didn't get answered, then I'm sorry. But not everyone here is too keen on the Ranger games, or spin offs in general. So obviously, since it got no response, means no one knows. And honestly, you could just try using Google. I didn't get a question answered in the BW Q&A thread, and I was dying to know, and Google gave me a better, and correct, answer. When I got an answer on PC, that person was actually wrong. So in some cases, Google is better than PC. I hate to knock the site I work at, but hey, it happens. So try using Google or Yahoo Answers and see what it gets you. :)

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I have a question:
I have been pondering whether to get Pokemon Colosseum or Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness.
Which one should I get?

Pokémon XD is a sequel to Colosseum, so if you're eventually going to get both, get Colosseum. XD is longer and has more shadow Pokémon. It also has more features, so individually it is the more superior.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Can you use Pokemon Battle Revolution to level up Pokemon and trade back to the DS the way you could on Colloseum & XD to the advance games??

This just felt faster time wise in the advance generation than grinding levels in tall grass or caved.... And I don't think I feel the need to buy Battle Revolution if I can't use it to help level up my favorites.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Can you use Pokemon Battle Revolution to level up Pokemon and trade back to the DS the way you could on Colloseum & XD to the advance games??

This just felt faster time wise in the advance generation than grinding levels in tall grass or caved.... And I don't think I feel the need to buy Battle Revolution if I can't use it to help level up my favorites.

Nope, Pokémon Battle Revolution is like Pokémon Stadium. It has no real storyline, just battles. You won't gain any exp, it's more like the Battle Tower.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Pokémon XD is a sequel to Colosseum, so if you're eventually going to get both, get Colosseum. XD is longer and has more shadow Pokémon. It also has more features, so individually it is the more superior.

I never finished XD but recently bought a new copy and started over. I need to replace my Colloseum because I had a bunch of transferred Pokemon I was leveling up I want to get back on Emerald so I can migrate to Gen IV. I loved Colloseum and it didn't get old even after finishing. XD I am so far enjoying about the same. I would say if you want the Ho-Oh get Colloseum , if you want the Lugia get XD. Also Colloseum has the Beast trilogy, and XD the birds. They can both be found cheap enough used I say get both, then play them in the order you like.... Oh and do you have the game cube to GBA adapter? The big advantage is transferring between the game cube and GBA (which is only possible once story mode is complete)

Nope, Pokémon Battle Revolution is like Pokémon Stadium. It has no real storyline, just battles. You won't gain any exp, it's more like the Battle Tower.

Thanks for the response.

I don't care about story mode.... Just level gain. I'm not going to worry about getting it any time soon then.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I never finished XD but recently bought a new copy and started over. I need to replace my Colloseum because I had a bunch of transferred Pokemon I was leveling up I want to get back on Emerald so I can migrate to Gen IV. I loved Colloseum and it didn't get old even after finishing. XD I am so far enjoying about the same. I would say if you want the Ho-Oh get Colloseum , if you want the Lugia get XD. Also Colloseum has the Beast trilogy, and XD the birds. They can both be found cheap enough used I say get both, then play them in the order you like.... Oh and do you have the game cube to GBA adapter? The big advantage is transferring between the game cube and GBA (which is only possible once story mode is complete)
But the beasts are are available much sooner so you have more time to purify them and level them up =)
Though birds are good to be combined with Flygon's EQ =)
It's really hard to decide :D

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016

But the beasts are are available much sooner so you have more time to purify them and level them up =)
Though birds are good to be combined with Flygon's EQ =)
It's really hard to decide :D

Oh, and Colloseum had the Masterball Glitch, which if exploited means you get unlimited Masterballs and catching the beasts becomes dead easy.

The final battle is much much, MUCH harder than an elite Four battle, as you dont have an opportunity to heal between each opponent. I remember spending about an hour grinding for levels before trying it... and I think still needing to spend yet another hour or two grinding away before being able to really do it. Since you cant trade between the GBA and GC games until you complete story mode that final battle was a thorn in my side. But well, well worth it.

I also want to add that since the story involves a region in which there are no wild pokemon, and is very Distopian it is an awsome contrast to the largely utopian view in the main series games.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Yeah, Master Ball glitch was funny, but in my second playthrough I did not use it =)
Was it? Maybe because I had beasts but I really had no problems with beating all those trainers (yeah, snagging their Pokémon was a pain so I had to do it more times) but beating them was a piece of cake :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 23, 2014
which spinoff game to buy????

I'm thinling of getting a spinoff game for pokemon but I can't decide. Pokemon mysetry dungeon red/blue,pokemon rumble blast, pokemon flora sky? Suggestinos welcome!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Flora Sky is actually not a spin-off game, rather it is another one of those hacks (though it is really amazing.) However, in your question in which spin-off game to buy, I highly recommend the Mystery Dungeon Series. Among the spin-offs, they have the most beautiful storyline (even better than the core games). Plus, the replayability is the best among all the spin-offs.

among them, however, seeing as you are a beginning player, I highly recommend you buying PMD Red or Blue. To give you some kind of a stepping stone, this game basically teaches you everything you need to know about the Mystery Dungeon world. Once you think you get the hang of it, you can proceed to playing Sky (which is simply Time and Darkness plus some quirks.) There may be new features, but nothing too complex. As I said, everything you need to know is included in PMD Red and Blue.

However, if you prefer getting another game, I suggest you watch out for the upcoming Nobunaga's ambition. The looks of it is promising. It is a totally different spin-off series, which somehow combines the core games and Ranger (I guess). Also, the new Rumble Blast game has awesome graphics, especially for a Pokemon Game, though from what I heard, the story kind of fails.

Anyhow, you'll have fun playing spin-off games. I find them more fun than the core games!

Lucariland

Uchiha
Years
If you like "roleplaying" I think the Pokemon Dungeons are awesome! You are one pokemon, and you get questions at the start, and the results choose with pokemon that fits you best! :)

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Pokémon Card GB2 - Dome Cup?

Has anyone got any idea how to unlock the Dome Cup in Pokémon Card: GB2?

There was some speculation a while back that it was related to Link Battles, if that's the case does anyone know the exact number or boundary of numbers you have to win?

Or any other methods are appreciated.

(Sorry if I posted this in the wrong thread, but TCG1 and 2 were both spinoffs.)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You're in the right section, but there is a thread that you can ask questions relating to spin off games, so that the section doesn't get cluttered in questions. To my knowledge though, this game was only released in Japan. So you might be better of looking up a guide, cause I really doubt most people at PC have played it. ;(

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
You're in the right section, but there is a thread that you can ask questions relating to spin off games, so that the section doesn't get cluttered in questions. To my knowledge though, this game was only released in Japan. So you might be better of looking up a guide, cause I really doubt most people at PC have played it. ;(

It's cool. I found the answer to my own question on the unofficial Translation Forum. To answer it and anyone else who might be curious, it's apparently down to link battles, but there's supposedly a script that once you enter GR Island, you can fly back to TCG Island at any time and check the doors in Pokemon Dome and there's an off chance Dome Cup will be available, I think you have to have rescued all the Grand Masters though. It's too obscure to be answered correctly imo :/

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Have you considered looking up a Let's Play of the game on YouTube? Sometimes when I have a question that's too obscure or specific to ask in a help thread here, I go look up a walkthrough or an LP or something to help. Maybe even GameFAQs?

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
Have you considered looking up a Let's Play of the game on YouTube? Sometimes when I have a question that's too obscure or specific to ask in a help thread here, I go look up a walkthrough or an LP or something to help. Maybe even GameFAQs?

If you're talking to me, then I haven't found much at all. I did notice a new TCG DS Game announced, (possibly), that's cool, but I digress. GameFAQs Walkthroughs have no mention of Dome Cup, and the Message Board actually only had 1 Question about it... which didn't have an answer. There was one YouTube video, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzn6TKni2w) which did actually have a player participating as well as a comment on how they got there and a reply, but it was an uncertainty, it only adds to my belief it's related to link battles. You still have to rescue all the Grand Masters though, as Rod appears in the video.

PS, Sorry I'm getting off topic a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back