• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Is The Hardest gym Leader In HG/SS?

Who Is The Hardest Gym Leader Of HG/SS?

• Falkner

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 11 3.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 139 49.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Chuck

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 16 5.7%
  • Bryce

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Claire

Votes: 77 27.3%
  • Other (Kanto)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Mar 27, 2014
Only problems I had with Whitney was in Crystal. In HG, it seems alot easier. On my latest run-through, I chose Chikorita and so Bugsy was the hardest for me. Bayleef was my only Pokemon as I didnt want any at that point. I had to get a slowpoke and grind it up a little and keep using Curse. Eventually, I won. After that, all the other gym leader were easy since I got the next Pokemon on my team.

Arcaray

Tetris God.
Years
When I was younger, I struggled endlessly with Morty. This time round, I've learnt from my many years of Pokemon mistakes, so in SS I had no trouble with anyone really. Although, I still struggle with Morty the most when I call for rematches.

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2013
well for me it was morty because i was severly underleveled, i ended up with only my eevee against his gengar were we stalemated for half an hour until i stuggeled him to death

Chevitile

Little Monster
Years
For me, there were many that were quite hard. I have trouble against Chuck almost every time, and Jasmine immediately after is no walk in the park either for me. It's just her Magnemites and their Thunder Waves though. And of course, Clair is hard too, but I managed to pull it off quite easily in SS with Feraligatr (Ice Fang), Crobat (Confuse Ray) and Sunflora (Leech Seed + Grasswhistle).

aperso

Please feel free to VM random fruit types.
Years
Hardest Gym leader, depends on the team and the trainer in my opinion. But, I found Pryce hard because my team was set for every Pokémon but Ice. Luckily I had a Articunio that knew Rock smash!

Years
  • Seen Apr 5, 2012
Jasmine because steel types crush all my team (apart from my water type, but that loses to magnemite). Whiteny is tricky, but i poisoned her, then her lum berry got rid of her so i piosoned her again! Bayleef ftw :D

Joshawott

Banned
Years
Really? You made a thread for this? I'm pretty sure we can all come to an agreement on who it is. I'll give you a hint: she's sexy and uses an animal that produces milk. I will admit that Clair falls dangerously close behind, though.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Whitney is just... lets just say it makes you wanna hack in a level 100 fighter for revenge.. I didn't do that but it makes me wanna do it lol. Also Morty was a challenge until I got an Umbreon, and Bugsy spamming U-Turn.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
  • Age 27
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2023
Ha, Whitney spamming Milk Drink was a pain, but I don't find any of the gym leaders particularly hard. Some battles just too longer than others, and it happened to be that Whitney was stuck up and refused to let that cursed cow faint.

Years
Everyone is hatin' on Whitney, I didn't find her too bad... DOES THIS MEAN I WIN AT POKEMON?

Everyone hates Whitney because of that Miltank...

And here's a banner I made that proves it:

IAmAToughMiltank.png

d4rka8isz

Is Confused.
Years
Bugsy because I get myself a Ralts/Kirlia a lot and the U-Turn was a OHKO every time until I was able to get lucky with Double Team.

Years
Definitely Whitney because Milktank was one of the toughest Pokemon I've dealt with, especially since it restored it's health every other turn. Claire is a definite second because Dragon type Pokemon are still kind of hard to tackle with only lvl40ish Pokemon.

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
For me, Whitney was always the toughest gym leader whenever I went through Heart Gold/Soul Silver (which I went through 3 times so far). Her Miltank... argh! Just makes me irritated thinking of it using Milk Drink. I always wondered why her Normal types gave me so much trouble, especially since my Pokémon were at a higher level than hers most of the time.

laccey

xooooo
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 3, 2013
my most troublesome gym leader was indeed whitney. with all the others, you could make a plan of attack, but she just spammed rollout and stomp which was certainly a pretty good combination if you ask me. :x

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Claire. Her kingdra took forever to take out and I had nothing to take out dragons except Feraligatr with ice punch. Although Kingdra screwed me over so bad.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2013
Oddly enough, I didn't have much of a problem with Whitney (aside from a little mishap with forgetting about Scrappy) this time around.

Clair, however, was a pretty big pain to deal with. It mostly stems from the fact that all the wild Pokemon in the area were at such a low level, making it annoying to train up to match the level of her Pokes.

Back