• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2013
When you re-point to offsets with no free space then yeah, you will get errors. you are overwriting the code, so obviously there's going to be errors!

Yeah I guess that would be the case.
I'm wondering though, since Advance Text re-pointed some of the dialogues to different areas, is there a way for me to manually re-point those dialogues to their original areas and restore those overwritten areas to their original state?

Is there a tutorial that shows how to re-point? I don't even know where to start :s

karatekid552

What happens if I push it?....
Years
Hi everyone. I asked if someone could help me on this thread about this a while ago, but nobody responded. Can someone tell me if I'm doing anything wrong trying to put my tile map(attached below) into my Ruby version intro? I followed the tutorial on inserting Ruby Title screen step by step, but it comes up all messed up. Can anybody help me please?

Which tutorial exactly did you follow? There are a couple of them.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
So I'm wondering. I am trying to add in a legendary, not add in a whole new pokemon but add in an event where you go up to say a Lugia sprite and it executes a batttle like Zapdos or Articuno. I want to also add in an event where you will be given an egg at the beginning of the game with no sort of feats needed. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
I've almost finished my rom but now i have a prob.

Why when i use fly i can go only in some city?

Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
First off, get some more posts bro, you've been here too long sending me emails and pms:p.
True that; I'll post some more things here :P

However, you can also do it the way I did it. Restore the palette from a back-up or using APE if you can. Then, open your sprite in NSE 2.X and go into the File menu and click "insert". Then go and click "compressed" and then finally "palette". Then, search in the rom using a hex editor and look for the pointer to the data for the original palette. Then change that pointer to reflect the new palette you just inserted.

Okay got basicly everything covered but one essential part; the string can't be found in my rom. I'm using a XVI32 hex-editor, but never edited a rom using a hex-editor. Anyhow, when I search for the original palette pointer (in this case; E5A050) it won't be found in the rom (even when searching for text, hex or hex > text).

karatekid552

Years
So I'm wondering. I am trying to add in a legendary, not add in a whole new pokemon but add in an event where you go up to say a Lugia sprite and it executes a batttle like Zapdos or Articuno. I want to also add in an event where you will be given an egg at the beginning of the game with no sort of feats needed. Thanks in advance to anyone who helps.

These are all scripts, so go read Diegoisawesomes XSE tutorial and learn how to.

I've almost finished my rom but now i have a prob.

Why when i use fly i can go only in some city?

Because you need to set the world map flags associated with those towns when entering them.

It was called Hacking Ruby Title Screen Completely - Step by Step

Your problems lie in trying to use a brand new tileset and map. In your pics, it appeared that you just made your own tileset instead of editing the old one. That will not work with this tutorial since the bubbles that float on the screen are a part of the original tileset.

Okay got basicly everything covered but one essential part; the string can't be found in my rom. I'm using a XVI32 hex-editor, but never edited a rom using a hex-editor. Anyhow, when I search for the original palette pointer (in this case; E5A050) it won't be found in the rom (even when searching for text, hex or hex > text).

What is offset of the original palette? Is it E5A050? Because then you need to be searching for the pointer, which is reversed: 50 A0 E5 08. You switch the first and last bytes and add a 08 to the end.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I'm having serious trouble editing the Pokédex order in FireRed. I've, for example, edited the two bytes at 0x251FEE to 20 01 - so, in theory, Zigzagoon would be recorded at Number #001 in the Pokédex - and yet it just...isn't. I've tried editing the order completely and it had an effect on the dex's order but not as I wanted and then some Pokémon had the dex entries of others. That one tool by Gamer2020 is annoying to use and everytime I change on Pokémon's order I have to click Okay to like five different windows and errors.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
These are all scripts, so go read Diegoisawesomes XSE tutorial and learn how to.

Because you need to set the world map flags associated with those towns when entering them.

Your problems lie in trying to use a brand new tileset and map. In your pics, it appeared that you just made your own tileset instead of editing the old one. That will not work with this tutorial since the bubbles that float on the screen are a part of the original tileset.

What is offset of the original palette? Is it E5A050? Because then you need to be searching for the pointer, which is reversed: 50 A0 E5 08. You switch the first and last bytes and add a 08 to the end.
Thank you so much for the quick response!

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
Hello,

How can I change the 4 pokemons appearing in Ruby Intro?
When there's a Sharpedo and a Duskull fighting Torchic and Mudkip.
I would like to change them for other pokemons.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to do, maybe some hex editing, but I have no knowledge at all in this. I didn't find any tutorial about this so far, nor a device that allows us to do it in a simple way.

My rom-hack is just for fun so changing this is not really important, but I would really appreciate if anyone who already did this or knows how to do could help me with this.

Thanks o:

Hacker Bisharp

Bug reporter
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 28, 2019
Thanks ;) Very very thanks!

Hello,

How can I change the 4 pokemons appearing in Ruby Intro?
When there's a Sharpedo and a Duskull fighting Torchic and Mudkip.
I would like to change them for other pokemons.

I'm pretty sure it's not hard to do, maybe some hex editing, but I have no knowledge at all in this. I didn't find any tutorial about this so far, nor a device that allows us to do it in a simple way.

My rom-hack is just for fun so changing this is not really important, but I would really appreciate if anyone who already did this or knows how to do could help me with this.

Thanks o:
You have to change their sprite with advance sprite editor or unluz gba ;)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 29, 2013
You have to change their sprite with advance sprite editor or unluz gba ;)

Hm ok, but wouldn't this change the whole pokemon's sprites? I think they are using the in-game sprites, not any intro-specific sprites..
Then there should be something telling the game to use these pokemons and not others that would be modifiable..

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
Is there a guide out there for Fire Red's overworld sprites that states the picture number (in AdvanceMap) and what they correspond to normally? It's kind of tedious to search through one by one for the one that you're looking for.

I've tried searching both Google and the forums but almost everything that comes up is an editing or adding sprites guide and that's not what I'm looking for.

edit: also does anyone know the script code for running shoes in fire red. not the entire script just the 0x??

edit2: Was testing out some maps in Fire Red and this happened

http: //i1021 .ph otobucket.com/albums/af336/Rtalty13/ Routemessesup.png?t=1369259685

Any idea how to fix it or why it may have happened? It goes away as you walk back into the region above but is very annoying.

edit3: What are some possible reasons for warps not working properly in game? I've done about 200 of them today and have tested them all now but for some reason my warp to exit a cave is not working no matter what I do. I've tried deleting the warps and trying again with new space multiple times but they are still not working. Perhaps there is a different kind of warp for exiting caves?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 1, 2013
What is offset of the original palette? Is it E5A050? Because then you need to be searching for the pointer, which is reversed: 50 A0 E5 08. You switch the first and last bytes and add a 08 to the end.[/QUOTE]

Okay I messed up. Both my ROM and last version backup don't contain the pointer anymore, while the unedited ROM does. I guess I repointed them somewhere...? Any way to fix this? Or start over?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014
This questions is regarding Advance Map (1.95) (Hacking on Fire Red)

I recently started on making a hack, but I am really bad at mapping. My friend wants to do the mapping part, so we want to work together.
But now my question is: How can I import the maps he made into my Rom?
I have tried to insert or tried to overwrite an existing map with another existing map (Like tried to paste Mt. Moon on Viridian Forest) but this did not seem to work.

Can anyone help us out?

Also,
Is it possible to create extra maps without throwing away the old maps? I tried to make another map into Bank 3, but it just duplicated the map I was currently working on. The duplicated map and the original map's names would stay the same, even if I wanted to change them.

Is it also possible to create more banks?

karatekid552

Years
Okay I messed up. Both my ROM and last version backup don't contain the pointer anymore, while the unedited ROM does. I guess I repointed them somewhere...? Any way to fix this? Or start over?

The location in the clean rom that the pointer exists... That same location should hold a different pointer in the edited rom. Just go there and place your pointer.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 6, 2019
ScreenShot015_zps3be8f28f.png.html

When I try to use Advance Text, this happens
is there a solution for this? is this maybe because i'm using a computer from Korea?

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2014

is there a solution for this? is this maybe because i'm using a computer from Korea?

I also had this problem when I had my country settings set on Korean, so I could read Hangul. I set my country settings back to US/International.
When you write a forward slash "\", you would get the Korean Won symbol. This was kinda disturbing while using stuff like XSE too, so I set it back, and this fixed the forward slash, the buggy text in Advance Text, Empty names in Advance Map for Wild Pokémon and the same buggy text in Advance Mart.

So to the point, yes, it is because your computer's country settings are on Korean, but you can change this (:

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
Years

In the mean time, you can use PKSV-UI instead of XSE, Poke Edit Pro and YAPE, Move Editor, and the newest version of A-Trainer.

Or, you could also set up a Virtual Machine on your computer. Using things like Oracle VirtualBox and Setup ISOs will get you what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back