• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Controlling Legendary Battle Music (No ASM)

xGal

Mhm
Years
Okay, it's like that. Once, I've found a way doing that without ASM, but I didn't want to release it to the public until I do some research on it.

Thanks to karatekid552, I am ready to release this!

Okay, it's damn simple, even ridiculous.
Any n00b could do that in no time!
This code is for R/S/FR/LG/E.

What we need:

- XSE 1.1.1 (that's what I am using)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, just build a script going normally, and when you want your wildbattle to start, simply write that:

Code:
setwildbattle 0x[Species] 0x[Level] 0x[Item]
special 0x138
playsong 0x[Song to play INBATTLE] 0x0
And we are done! No, it won't play that sound after battle, it will be INBATTLE.

Please note that it is NOT fully developed, it is still under development, so I can't say it will work fine on ANY situation. I have checked that while using normal person talk script, a script block and even a level script and everything worked fine.

Also, I'd like to note that while using that on a long script, you should put
Code:
goto @[pointer]
, and in the new pointer, do the script I wrote before. After the playsong command, you should write another goto command to another pointer (if you want the script to continue), but for short scripts, example:
Code:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
faceplayer
cry 0x1 0x2
msgbox @1 0x6
setwildbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0
special 0x138
playsong 0x299 0x0
hidesprite 0x800D
setflag 0x105
release
end

#org @1
= A wild Bulbasaur attacks!
You do NOT need the goto command.

If you're intersted, while talking with karatekid552, the subject of doing that on trainerbattles was talked about.
I will try to figure out if it's possible doing that on trainerbattles later on. Is one of the CMDs is actually settrainerbattle? (lol)

- Gal

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Is this for FireRed, Emerald, or does is it happen to be universal? I would check myself, but I'm hundreds of miles away from my computer. Great discovery, anyways!

xGal

Mhm
Years
Is this for FireRed, Emerald, or does is it happen to be universal? I would check myself, but I'm hundreds of miles away from my computer. Great discovery, anyways!
Gee, I forgot to mention ^^

It is for R/S/E/FR/LG.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
It do not work. I try it several Times. Allways that same effect. Event freeze game <I do it in Ruby>

Sry... It do not work becouse I use it with PKSV. In XSE work's perfectly. Did you know the script for controling Trainer Battles Music? I need it to add extra TEAM ROCKET music and Kanto Gym Leader theme.

Last edited:

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Sry... It do not work becouse I use it with PKSV. In XSE work's perfectly. Did you know the script for controling Trainer Battles Music? I need it to add extra TEAM ROCKET music and Kanto Gym Leader theme.

xGal

Mhm
Years

Currently now, I am still investigating if it's possible doing that on trainer battles. For now, I will recommend you to follow Jambo's tutorial on class based trainer battle music :). And yea, I didn't say it will work with PKSV...

Crocky

SuperScarlet!
Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2020
I figured out a way to get it working with trainers and I made a thread on it. Just waiting for it to be accepted :)

xGal

Mhm
Years
I figured out a way to get it working with trainers and I made a thread on it. Just waiting for it to be accepted :)
Wow, seriously?

Can you send it on PM please?

I really wanna check this out!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey, what are the codes for the species, level, items, or music? Is it like 100 for level 100 or is it different?

Use hex
so 100 would be 64

For music, you can find the value of those in A-maps Header section IIRC.

AtecainCorp.

Rejishan awake...
Years
Use hex
so 100 would be 64

For music, you can find the value of those in A-maps Header section IIRC.

In XSE you can in setwildbattle write Name of Pokemon <For 252-276 placeholder you must write numers> And near Level in hex. Example. We need to create deoxys battle. Simple to write.

setwildbattle DEOXYS 100 NONE

And done. It creat for you Dexoys in Lvl 100 without Item.

xGal

Mhm
Years
In XSE you can in setwildbattle write Name of Pokemon <For 252-276 placeholder you must write numers> And near Level in hex. Example. We need to create deoxys battle. Simple to write.

setwildbattle DEOXYS 100 NONE

And done. It creat for you Dexoys in Lvl 100 without Item.

Oh, really?

That's something new!

Thanks hahahaaha

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
Yeah in XSE if you type in a number without the 0x it automatically assumes it's in dec.

xGal

Mhm
Years
Someone know that formula for Trainer Battles? I really need to know that.

I haven't discovered that yet, however, a guy here said he did discover it and he is waiting for his thread to get approved. Currently now, the only way to do that is to use Jambo51's ASM script or MX's jukebox script.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
Hey, where do I edit the battle music in this script:

Spoiler:

Back