• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Welcome to Winter! The Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
boiled-corn-on-cob-butter-and-salt.jpg

Okay I want this now. I'm seriously considering making this thanks Scarf.
That corn is quite graphic. And you're welcome. :]

And what I want for Christmas is for it to be over already. :[

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^Articunooooo <33

Eh, I don't quite know what I REALLY want. I just asked for two games... and Foster the People merch. This year won't be as fun as the previous years though. :/

RedSox71

I am a pineapple
Years
I'm not sure what I'm getting for christmas..my sister is still young so my parents like to keep our gifts a secret. I didn't really ask for anything, though. Just a book (The Girl Who Played With Fire...the first one was great and I can't wait for the movie), some Boston sports attire, and maybe a laptop. I didn't really specify what kind I wanted so I don't think I'll get one. I don't really care, though. :p

Speaking of Christmas...has anyone gotten any snow this year...because we haven't. Just one day in OCTOBER...that's it. I'm goign to cry.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Tomorrowland Festival...hmmm....let me think....no I haven't.

Has anyone ever played the game Witch's Wish? Because I bought it today... (Along with Pokemon Dash and Trozei.)

Image of the game:
1734920.jpg

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Any of you give gag gifts? Me and a group of friends give each other gag gifts every year. I'm not going to mention the ones I got last year, so don't even bother asking.

I've got a couple already decided on. You ever see that demotivational poster about e-bay? You know, the one about it being cheaper for a reason? Yeah. A friend of mine got a 3ds, and he is very careful opening stuff so the box it came it was in perfect condition. I have a gbc and thats going inside and getting wrapped up for my video game obsessed friend. I even wrote 'E-bay, its cheaper for a reason' inside the box. I'm doing the same thing for another friend, except with a game. Brand new copy of black. Box in perfect condition, except the game is some used Barbie game that I got at gamestop.

I don't like to use the same idea twice in a row, but this one is worth it. I bought a box of Justin Bieber trading cards last year (They were on discount, and they were, imo, funny as hell.) and used some of them for gag gifts. I planned on selling the rest, but I forgot about them. Found them about a month ago and I'll be gifting them to a yugioh obsessed friend of mine. I got a empty booster box to pack them in.

A bible. I'll burn in hell for this, im sure, but I'm giving that as a gag gift. A friend of mine is a satanist and that was the first idea I had. I'd try to arrange for a religious person to visit him and attempt to get him to convert on Christmas but the only one I knew who would have seen the humor in this moved.

Anyway, i've still got a couple people that need gag gifts.

One is obcessed with all kinds of anime, has a orangish-red afro, is straight and dislikes gays, and is a closet pervert. The first idea I had was give him yaoi anime but I keep thinking that there is something else that would be even better.

The other is the most hyperactive midget to exist. He's 17, 4'3, and completely insane. He plays lots of video games, but prefers RTS. First idea I had was stilts but I used that idea last year. It was funny, but not funny enough to be worth doing again.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I bought all the presents in like August, lol. I hate Christmas shopping really close to Christmas day because I feel really pressured to get great presents and it's a lot calmer if I simply buy stuff a few months before.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
Years
Good point. So hard to find the right gift for that special person.

Still, for anyone who hasn't done your shopping yet, heres a easy suguestion.

Gift cards.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I just usually give people money if I can't find anything for them, lol. I guess it takes away the meaning of getting a present for them because it makes it less personal, but if I can't find anything for them, surely they'd be better off getting what they want with my money?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Gift cards are pretty much the easiest way to give for someone that has a hard time deciding what they want (my older sister for example) . I've yet to buy her one though, but I will!

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
A cool thing I used to do was get something that the person and I can do together, like movie tickets or something. Good times and memories are better than money.

Though sometimes money is pretty ok too. :P

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
Money and gift cards are always great gifts. It would be great to get money but nah... I get other things than money. Last christmas I got one movie ticket but I didn't use it. :(

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
"Aww! How cute! You got me some money!". What the hell man. Is that supposed to be a Christmas gift?

Then again, I haven't got X-mas gifts for years, so I should just keep silent and watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back