• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[RMT]Typical OU Team

Years
Ok, I'm already into competitive battling after a looong break..
I was the normal win-loss guy with all my teams before!
These few months tho I did my math, made some strategies etc etc...
I would like to hear some nice suggestions(with a reason ofc) on this team(below).

No-Name Team
620-frame1.png

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability Regenerator
EVs 252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Hp
Nature Naive
- Hi Jumb Kick
- U-turn
- Fake out
- Poison Jab

Description.:
Spoiler:

612_haxorus_front_norm.png

Haxorus @ Lum berry(So common)
Ability Mold Breaker
EVs 252Atk / 220Speed / 36Hp
Nature Adamant
- Dragon Dance
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Description.:
Spoiler:

503.png

Rotom-W @ Choise Scarf
Ability Levitate(Not that he has something else)
EVs 252 SpA / 252Speed / 4Hp
Nature Timid
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Trick

Description.:
Spoiler:

SWAMPERT-mudkip-marshtomp-and-swampert-1642429-100-100.jpg

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability Torrent
EVs 240 HP / 216 SpD / 52Speed
Nature Calm
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Scald

Description.:
Spoiler:

472_gliscor_front_norm.png

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability Poison Heal
EVs 252HP / 184 Def / 72Speed
Nature Impish
- Substitute
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

Description.:
Spoiler:

065.png

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability Magic guard
EVs 252 SpA / 252Speed / 4Def
Nature Timid
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Swadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Description.:
Spoiler:
PS:So that's it! I accept every suggestion in my team, even major changes I just want to see opinions of others.It's not like I'm going to change everything that everyone of you say, I'll think before act!
Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Edit: If Something is not clear to understand or have some mistakes, if you want point them out to me so I can change them :)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Get rid of Mienshao's Poison Jab. It provides no noteworthy coverage whatsoever. Use Hidden Power (Ice) in its place to help deal with Gliscor. But that means you have to switch to a Naive nature and use 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe as the EV spread.

Gastrodon overshadows Swampert to an extent because of its immunity to Water attacks, courtesy of Storm Drain. Sure, it can't set up SR, but at least it has actual recovery:
-Earth Power/Earthquake
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Calm/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain

There's also another Pokemon you can consider using in place of Swampert, and that's Ferrothorn. It can set up hazards, plus it has one of the best defensive typings ever created. Plus, it works well with and against Water Pokemon:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef

If you decide to keep Swampert: don't use all Special attacks on it. It wastes its good 110 Attack:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Superpower/Roar
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef

Years
Hi, just a quick rate here but I'd get rid of Sub on Glis for Taunt which lets you beat Ferrothorn and any Pokemon that are slower than Gliscor and try to set up on it or use leech seed. Toxic and Aerial Ace are also good options, since the former can hit stuff like Rotom-W and Tornadus that commonly switch in on Gliscor and allow you to stall them out quicker, while Aerial Ace can allow Gliscor to function as a hard counter to BU Breloom. Anyways, I can see this team having a bit of trouble against Blizzspam teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem, since Rotom-W fears strong Draco Meteors and Wood Hammers, while nothing else can switch in on Blizzard. I think you could potentially try a Specially Defensive Heatran in Swampert's place, since it can lay SR, wall special threats and function as a great counter to hail and sun.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

Years
Get rid of Mienshao's Poison Jab. It provides no noteworthy coverage whatsoever. Use Hidden Power (Ice) in its place to help deal with Gliscor. But that means you have to switch to a Naive nature and use 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe as the EV spread.

Thank you for your suggestions,(In the point now :p)
I dont really want to waste a hidden power[ice] to this guy, I can take on Gliscor with my Gliscor(most ppl out there care only earthquake in him), or Hydro Pump him to death with my Rotom-W.. I think I have enough coverages for Gliscor!

Gastrodon overshadows Swampert to an extent because of its immunity to Water attacks, courtesy of Storm Drain. Sure, it can't set up SR, but at least it has actual recovery:
-Earth Power/Earthquake
-Scald/Ice Beam
-Toxic
-Recover
Nature: Calm/Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Storm Drain

There's also another Pokemon you can consider using in place of Swampert, and that's Ferrothorn. It can set up hazards, plus it has one of the best defensive typings ever created. Plus, it works well with and against Water Pokemon:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
I tried Gastrodon before and didnt like him much. The thing is I wanted kinda my "lead" play as a Sp.Wall later on... So I tried For him sth like 252hp/252Sp.D/4Sp.A (With the moves you said)
I hate ferrothorn I just don't like him when I see him(is that bad?) And only alakazam can easily kill him,but I never thought of using him on my team, So that's maybe a good idea to try :)

If you decide to keep Swampert: don't use all Special attacks on it. It wastes its good 110 Attack:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
-Scald/Superpower/Roar
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SDef
And I kinda used that build already diverse Sp.D-Def tho

I might try Ferrothorn, thank you for your suggestions you were very helpful! :)

Edit
:
Hi, just a quick rate here but I'd get rid of Sub on Glis for Taunt which lets you beat Ferrothorn and any Pokemon that are slower than Gliscor and try to set up on it or use leech seed. Toxic and Aerial Ace are also good options, since the former can hit stuff like Rotom-W and Tornadus that commonly switch in on Gliscor and allow you to stall them out quicker, while Aerial Ace can allow Gliscor to function as a hard counter to BU Breloom. Anyways, I can see this team having a bit of trouble against Blizzspam teams with Abomasnow and Kyurem, since Rotom-W fears strong Draco Meteors and Wood Hammers, while nothing else can switch in on Blizzard. I think you could potentially try a Specially Defensive Heatran in Swampert's place, since it can lay SR, wall special threats and function as a great counter to hail and sun.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Roar / Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp / Toxic

Yeah that's true if a blizzard team set up even a little it can own my team easily...The only way I could beat a blizzard is that my alakazam set up some CCs but even then most teams have 2members with priority ice shard move(+STAB) that could 2HKO Alakazam or even OHKO him. If Alakazam was dead it wa spretty much gg...
I might try Heatran too as a Lead/Sp.Wall and also the changes of Gliscor might also help ty for your suggestions too :)
I will Edit the changes of my team in the first post after I decide....
I would like to hear some more suggestions so, I'm waiting too :)

Last edited:
Back