• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: When did name changees come back?

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
When did they come back? I haven't been on in quite some time.

Edit: sorry for the typo.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
They aren't back. You must have seen someone's past name change on their profile or something.

Aljam

[i]Sweepin' ain't easy...[/i]
Years
nvm, I saw that one of my friend's name was completely differrent, must've been because I left before people got their last and final name change.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
We did have one final name change, but that was back in 2009.

So if you left before that point, then yeah, that's probably what it was.

There's nothing else it could be, unless they switched accounts.

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Well, looking at his stats, he's never even had a name change. D:

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
Years
How do you tell if someone's had a name change? O_o

~Unknown
Go to their profile and click "Statistics."

If the member has ever had a name change, it would appear under a category called "Username History."

For example, Yuoaman did have a name change: "yuoaman (Changed 23:28, 16th Jun 2008 by Morkula)"

Last edited:

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
Yeah, I was just looking around and saw that, I feel stupid now. >.>

~Unknown

No need to, most forums don't show it's name change stats, so.. you wouldn't really notice it there unless you really paid full attention to people's profiles. xD;

& Sorry, Mewtwo. They won't come back, not unless we can get a brand spankin' server and / or database upgrade.
Which won't happens until we can raise hundreds of dollars, and that's not happening. We tried. =u=

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I don't think they have but I hope they come back because I'd like to change mine...

You do have the option of creating a new account, although that does entail losing stuff like your post count and PMs and things like that. Just don't pretend you're someone else! :D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Go to their profile and click "Statistics."

If the member has ever had a name change, it would appear under a category called "Username History."

For example, Yuoaman did have a name change: "yuoaman (Changed 23:28, 16th Jun 2008 by Morkula)"
An easier way to do it would be to hover over the persons name and it lists their previous name changes if any.

NTA

Where?
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 10, 2012
Didn't know name changes were that bad lol...
Havent had mine changed in years, I think >_>

Back